13.01.13

Julianne Hough In Jenny Packham – 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala

Julianne Hough in Jenny Packham - Art Of Elysium heaven gala

Braided updos were popular on the red carpet at the People’s Choice Awards, plus we’ve seen Jennifer Lawrence sporting this same hairstyle this weekend.

Julianne Hough kept that trend going at the 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala held at 2nd Street Tunnel in California last night.

The actress/dancer donned a multi-colour floral long-sleeve embellished gown designed by Jenny Packham.

Like many others at this event, Julianne didn’t add too many accessories to her look, just a belt and studded earrings leaving the dress to shine on its own.

Are you loving this braided updo trend, or does it not work here for Juilanne?

Credit: Getty

Lucy Hale's Elizabeth and James Bloom Dress And Lulu Guinness Glittery Lips Clutch

Lucy Hale’s Elizabeth and James Bloom Dress And Lulu Guinness Glittery Lips Clutch

Alicia Keys In CD Greene - BET Honors 2013

Alicia Keys In CD Greene – BET Honors 2013

13 Comments

13 Responses to Julianne Hough In Jenny Packham – 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala

1. Grace January 13, 2013 at 19:28 #

Wow. Another BDOTW contender. The ladies really turned it out for this event.

2. P. January 13, 2013 at 19:29 #

I like the gown on her, and teorically the braided updo suits the nature of this type of dress very well, but on her it was not the best choice, cuz she has some harsh facial structures, sometimes her face looks masculine (like on the first picture). Therefore, I like her beautiful hair down.

3. Nat39 January 13, 2013 at 19:39 #

Head to toe perfection. The gown is pretty and delicate, and the braided ‘do works perfectly with it, glad she kept accessorization to a minimum, probably my fave look from her ever.

4. Alexandra January 13, 2013 at 19:45 #

I absolutely love this look, she actually looks her age here; the hair and makeup is very refreshing for her.

5. Yeliz January 13, 2013 at 19:47 #

I really like the braided updo trend and it also works for Julianne here. The gown is beautiful and the belt was a good addition. Her make-up is lovely.

6. Sharon A. January 13, 2013 at 19:50 #

This dress is stunning! Don’t love the braid but nothing can take away from the beauty of the dress!

7. R January 13, 2013 at 19:55 #

Generally not a fan of this hair style. I don’t really think it is formal enough for a gown–if the braid is higher and the hair on the crown of the head is sleek then I think it works. She looks pretty,but I don’t love it.

8. Dhppy January 13, 2013 at 20:21 #

I feel like I’ve been underestimating Hough. I should stop being so surprised when she looks as amazing as this.

9. Christine January 13, 2013 at 21:53 #

She looks amazing here. Love this look!

10. justme January 13, 2013 at 22:19 #

This is how you do a braided updo without looking comical, Jennifer’s hairstylist should take notes imo.
    I really like this look. The dress is very detailed so I am glad that Julianne kept everything else simple and fresh.

11. Aline January 13, 2013 at 22:55 #

This is perfection! Julianne is quickly becoming a favorite of mine and that’s possibly my favorite look of hers..

And I’m loving the braided updo trend.

12. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2013 at 00:34 #

The gown is SO beautiful…but I wish she’d chosen a different belt. The braided updo might be a little bit too ‘neat.’ Other than that it is very pretty! This was a well dressed event.

13. Jess2 January 14, 2013 at 11:22 #

Julianne’s braided up-do is nice but not one of the best. I think her dress is soo gorgeous but I don’t like the belt. I don’t think it fits in well with the soft and sweet feel of the gown and I don’t like the blue at the back. I would have preferred a clutch.