Amy-Adams-In-Elie-Saab-CoutureSpring-38th-Annual-Los-Angeles-Film-Critics-Association-Awards

Amy Adams joined Jennifer Lawrence on the red carpet at the InterContinental Hotel in Century City, California for the 38th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards yesterday evening.

The red haired actress went back into the archives to select this stunning Elie Saab Spring 2009 Couture creation.

I had goosebumps when I saw her in this lilac lace strapless frock, because it’s from one of my favourite Elie Saab collections to date.

The delicate dress which gathers from the waist and accented with a grosgrain ribbon was styled with nude Casadei ‘Blade’ pumps.

Even her dazzling statement earrings can’t upstage this beautiful dress – as much as they tried.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Amber Heard In Valentino - 2013 Art of Elysium 'Heaven' Gala

Amber Heard In Valentino – 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala

Rachel Bilson In Valentino - 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala

Rachel Bilson In Valentino – 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala

25 Responses to Amy Adams In Elie Saab Couture – 38th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards

1. Rashmi January 13, 2013 at 18:01 #

I love the dress on the model, but frankly I dont think its flattering to her, wch is sad, since it has all the heavenly touch:-(

• Alina January 13, 2013 at 18:13 #

+1 :(

• Christine January 13, 2013 at 21:32 #

• kane January 14, 2013 at 08:37 #

2. Nat39 January 13, 2013 at 18:03 #

Wish she’d worn a delicate silver sandal with this dress, her nude pumps make it a bit too one-note although don’t ruin this gorgeous delicate look. The gorgeous statement earrings and contrasting darker lippie perfectly complete the look.

3. Ramsay January 13, 2013 at 18:10 #

I don’t think the dress fits her well – the bustier looks too big

4. kennedy January 13, 2013 at 18:13 #

I think she looks heavenly! Her body is magnificent and the dress suits her quite well. Her skin is quite flawless, isn’t it?

I love her. She seems like such a sweet actress and she was terrific in THE MASTER. I hope she manages to win the Oscar in an unexpected turn- anyone but Anne. I can’t wait to see what she wears tonight and to the Oscars.

5. Yeliz January 13, 2013 at 18:45 #

Stunning. I’m very happy that she picked something from this collection. The dress is absolutely beautiful.

6. HM January 13, 2013 at 18:59 #

Dear FC,

I have decided that I need to write an open-letter. Please please please stop updating your site every second as I have lots of work to do and am constantly distracted by thinking what else is new on your site.

OKAY WHO AM I KIDDING?!! THANK YOU so much FC for all these updates! One of the few things that is keeping me sane atm..haha! If you can manage all this work on a sunday, so can I ;) Keep up the good work and always know your readers appreciate it.

P.S. This isn’t a criticism so please don’t take it the wrong way, I think this dress is from the Spring 2009 Couture collection (only knew this when I looked for it on style.com..hehe).

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2013 at 19:01 #

lol…only a few to go…then it will kick off again for the Globes :D

7. Ann January 13, 2013 at 19:00 #

She looks amazing! Elie Saab’s magic is working once again.

I keep my fingers crossed for Amy tonight!

• Adrian January 15, 2013 at 01:22 #

yes, yes, yes!

8. Lisa January 13, 2013 at 19:22 #

Something about this is off for me. It may be the color against her skin tone or the fit above the chest. Could it be that her neck – collarbone area is not being flattered with this fit? Not sure, but it only gets a C+ from me.

9. Grace January 13, 2013 at 19:27 #

I know this is not the popular opinion, but I am SO BORED with Elie Saab’s work. I’m sure it’s very stunning and detailed up close, but it’s just all one big sea of pastel sequins to me.

• Amy January 13, 2013 at 20:09 #

I get you. Elie is awesome but when searching for originality his designs are not the right places to look at. You’ll notice that while people like him his designs barely make it to BDOTY because they are not groundbreaking. On the other side he know how to make women look beautiful, and flatter their bodies. It’s hard to have a “miss” with Elie

• Grace Patricia January 13, 2013 at 21:33 #

I’m not very fond of sequins, but Saab are very appealing. A safe choice.

10. Zissou January 13, 2013 at 19:54 #

I really don’t like what the dress is doing for her breasts.

11. Dhppy January 13, 2013 at 20:06 #

This got an “oooh” and an “ahhh” from me. Part of me wishes she wore the jacket, but I don’t really believe she could carry that off. That’s more Tilda.

12. justme January 13, 2013 at 22:11 #

It looks like she’s pushing her shoulders back and sticking her breasts out. That pose combined with the fit of the dress is not flattering for her bust area imo.

The shoes are a bit boring too.

13. Lyvm January 13, 2013 at 23:31 #

Wow id never have imagined this soft lilac-grey to look so amazing on her. Jewelry’s great and she looks radiant. The shoes are a little predictable but the overall look is good enough.

14. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2013 at 00:43 #

The dress is beautiful, just stunning and she looks so elegant. My only grievance is that doesn’t flatter the bust area. Other than that, quite beautiful

15. Dani January 14, 2013 at 05:22 #

She looks spectacular! You can always count on Elie Saab to deliver!

16. Jess2 January 14, 2013 at 10:03 #

No denying Amy looks really beautiful but I do wish it sat a little higher on the bust and that she had gone with a silver sandal. Loving that dress!

17. Lou January 17, 2013 at 13:40 #

I agree with a lot of other comments on this page – beautiful dress but it looks ‘boxy’ on the bust area… maybe it’s just her pose/angle of the photo??

18. Lauren January 18, 2013 at 23:44 #

This collection is one of my absolute favorites!!! I still have one of the looks as my cell phone’s wallpaper! She looks divine and happy she chose to make the dress the centerpiece…one of the rare moments where nude shoes were a wise choice