Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

BDOTW

It was an amazing week on the red carpet, which has been highlighted by the images above.

Tonight is going to be a busy night in Hollywood with The Art Of Elysium Heaven Gala, the 2013 BET Honors, Los Angeles Film Critics’ Association Awards Dinner and many more all taking place before the Golden Globes on Sunday.

Make sure you come back tomorrow to find out what the stars wore.

BDOTW mens

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Best Dressed Of The Week - Ryan Gosling In Gucci & Kerry Washington In Giles

Best Dressed Of The Week – Ryan Gosling In Gucci & Kerry Washington In Giles

40 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. JD January 12, 2013 at 18:00 #

I think Eddie Redmayne’s People Choice Award and AFI award outfit should be up it would beat all the others hands down!

• Nat39 January 12, 2013 at 18:22 #

Ditto. Eddie’s other 2 looks would’ve given him a better shot at winning. This look is fine (even though the jacket seems typically small) simply doesn’t stand a chance against Gosling and some other looks. I have to admit, I’m a tad disappointed.

• Dhppy January 12, 2013 at 20:14 #

I would have preferred Redmayne’s People’s Choice outfit, too. It would have given him a fighting chance against Gosling; The style master returns!

2. EmmaWoodhouse January 12, 2013 at 18:10 #

WHAT a week. WOW.
    1. Emmy Rossum (BDOTY-worthy!)
    2. Marion Cotillard (speechless about how lovely it is)
    3. Kerry Washington (beautiful, so different)
    4. Nieves (ethereal and lovely)
    5. Angelababy (princess moment!)
    6. Helen Mirren (love seeing her next to Kiernan–beauty at every age)
    7. Jennifer Lawrence (back to her awesome best)
    8. Kiernan (such a little fashionista!)
    9. Jessica (love the color, not so much the cut)
    10. Taylor (like everything but the plunging neckline)
    11. Rosamund (love it but for the sheer skirt)
    12. Naomi (don’t like the sheer back)
    Wow, this is the first time I’ve loved almost all the looks, and liked something about each! A week to remember! :)

3. EmmaWoodhouse January 12, 2013 at 18:11 #

For the guys, they all look great but I went with my original pick: Ryan Gosling. :D

4. Anne g January 12, 2013 at 18:14 #

Amazing Week for us.
    For the Ladies
    – Emmy Rossum is sensationnel of perfection and the claase
    – runner up is Jennifer Lawrence in two prabal gurung dress, she’s divine.

For the Men :
    – Ryan gosling, because he didn’t wear black suit and he is ryan gosling
    – Liam Hemsworth is look very good here

HAVE A VERY GOOD WEEK-END WHO GONNA BE SHORT. I hope you were able to rest.

• Fashion Critic January 12, 2013 at 18:27 #

I will find some time to rest…thank you ;) x

5. Alina January 12, 2013 at 18:24 #

Kerry Washington in Giles & Jamie Foxx in Ozwald Boateng.

Thank you for your hard work, FC!

• Fashion Critic January 12, 2013 at 18:26 #

my pleasure
      x

6. Yeliz January 12, 2013 at 18:27 #

Although there were many award shows with many amazing looks this week, Kerry Washington in Giles stole my heart. I can’t get over how perfect that look is. My runner up is the beautiful dame Helen Mirren in Escada.

My best dressed man was Ryan Gosling at the beginning of the week and it’s still Ryan. Love him and his look.

I’m excited for tonight’s events and tomorrow for the Golden Globes!!

7. glenn January 12, 2013 at 18:29 #

This one is really hard …. i love Naomi Watts in Alexander McQueen & Kerry Washington in Giles … both look stunning.

8. Nat39 January 12, 2013 at 18:40 #

Nieves Alvares in Bluemarine.
    Taylor Swift, deja vu or not, nailed it, clean classic white never gets old or fails to impress, this was a chic daring sexier look for her and she carried it off amazingly well. She, Kerry Washington whose charming Giles look stands out as a bit more special, Naomi Watts and Emmy Rossum follow closely.

I was completely charmed by Eddie at People’s Choice Awards and would’ve voted for him but this look just doesn’t cut it considering the competition. So, Gosling it is. Liam – runner-up.
    Kudos to Jamie Foxx for rocking his bold look but it’s not something I’d be looking forward to seeing.

9. Lily January 12, 2013 at 18:58 #

Ladies:
    Marion looks fantastic! She really surprised me.

Men: Ryan Gosling or Liam Hemsworth.
    There’s no other person who could rock brown suit like Ryan did. And Liam looks great.

10. SilentVisitor January 12, 2013 at 19:25 #

Women: this was an amazing week fashion-wise. They all looked amazing…….but Kerry W. in Giles stood out the most for me. Hence, my vote goes to her.

Men: I had to vote twice for Jamie Foxx and Ryan Gosling…..

11. Sanette January 12, 2013 at 19:25 #

Taylor Swift and Ian Somerhalder in Dior. I wish you would have included his Dolce & Gabbana look which I thought was even better.

12. Hannah January 12, 2013 at 19:35 #

Kerry Washington by far. I’ll be imaginary voting for Jensen Ackles as best dressed male. Good luck tomorrow evening!

13. Aline January 12, 2013 at 19:48 #

Naomi Watts in that heavenly Roland Mouret was my favorite this week. But as she didn’t make it to the poll, my vote easily goes to Emmy Rossum who was the other one who wowed me.

As for the men, I voted for Jamie Foxx for making such a bold look work.

14. Harriet January 12, 2013 at 19:55 #

**Jennifer Lawrence. Not Jessica Lawrence

15. Dhppy January 12, 2013 at 20:28 #

I find that when it comes to men’s suits, I really detest seeing that pooling at the bottom of the pants legs. I like a leg that breaks properly and stops at the shoe. That killed off a number of the men, even if their jackets fit impeccably (see McConaughey). Gosling was a clear winner for me.

As for the women. I quickly whittled down to four. The thing I do now, is to put my hand across everyone’s face so that I don’t show a bias for or against a celebrity when making my choice. It’s come in handy, although this week, it wasn’t necessary: Kerry Washington was a solid favorite. However, I still couldn’t choose between Swift and Rossum for second.

16. justme January 12, 2013 at 20:36 #

I couldn’t vote for Kerry’s Giles look in her promo tour poll because she blew me away in Rochas. So now is the time to make up for it, Kerry it is.

While I welcome Ryan’s return to the red carpet, I still had to go with Liam.

17. Thaís January 12, 2013 at 20:44 #

I was in doubt between Marion and Helen Mirren, but at the end I had to choose Helen in Escada. Loved the color and the cut of the dress, as well as her hair and make up, and the jewellery is to die for! She is sooo beautiful, and elegant, and awesome, and her body…at 67! God, please let me have half of it when I’m her age…

18. Marybeth January 12, 2013 at 21:07 #

I like every single woman’s look, which is unusual for me on these polls. With great difficulty I narrowed it down to a choice between Taylor Swift and Emmy Rossum. I decided on TAYLOR SWIFT because I think I’ll remember her look longer.

Honorable mention to Jennifer Lawrence for finally wearing something that charms me like she did a couple of years ago…. and to Kerry Washington for capping off a great tour with such flair.

The men? MATT BONNER for me. I’m old-fashioned and go for the classics sharply done and beautifully fitted.

19. TF January 12, 2013 at 21:36 #

Do you think Kiernan Shipka’s parents would mind if I adopted her?

20. Prudence January 12, 2013 at 22:00 #

shouldnt you wait till the golden globes before doing the poll?? or will that count for next week then

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2013 at 00:48 #

Eh????

I always post a poll on Friday…Sunday, when the Globes is on, starts a new week.

It has always been done this way for the past 6 years.

• Prudence January 13, 2013 at 05:57 #

okay I get it. I’ve weirdly never noticed you did that cause I’ve been on here for years.

21. Neli January 12, 2013 at 22:19 #

Kerry Washington in Giles!

22. H January 12, 2013 at 23:22 #

SUCH a difficult choice! They all brought their A game this week. I’m torn between Taylor Swift, Emmy Rossum, Marion Cotillard and Nieves Alvarez… can’t wait to see what awards season brings :)

23. Emma January 13, 2013 at 00:27 #

I find Taylor Swift breathtaking. But how could you possibly forget Helen Hunt of the list ?

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2013 at 00:46 #

I didn’t forget anyone. The list is already longer tha usual, how many more do you want me to add?

You can see it was a strong week, so wouldn’t it be better to appreciate those listed than complain about those who didn’t make it?

• Dhppy January 13, 2013 at 01:30 #

Be assured, no matter how passionate we get about one of our favorites not making the list, we love your site and fully appreciate all the work you put into it.

I’m especially looking forward to your coverage of the Golden Globes.

24. Power January 13, 2013 at 02:12 #

Marion should be best dressed but y’all love y’all some ballroom gowns so

25. callisto January 13, 2013 at 02:45 #

Please, Miss FC, do not make our lives difficult…….

26. TeaAtTwo January 13, 2013 at 03:43 #

It’s been a delightful week fashion wise. My top highlights were Zhang Ziyi in Georges Chakra and Marc Bouwer, Kerry Washington in Rochas and Giles and Emmy Rossum in Carolina Herrera. My vote went to Kerry for being wearing something so grand and bold and her amazing run for the week.

Fantastic coverage all week. :)

27. Katey January 13, 2013 at 04:12 #

Women: Kerry Washington. It’s obvious. Amazing.

Men: It was a Hard decision for me. I voted for Ryan because of the colour of his Gucci suit. and I love those shoes. and He’s so sexy. But I’m a huge Eddie fan. and I love that black velvet Acne suit. So I hesitated…but Ryan wins.

28. Jess2 January 13, 2013 at 05:13 #

This really was an amazing week in fashion, and this is only 2 weeks into the new year! You did an amazing job of narrowing them down FC! There were so many that I loved including all of the men and women included on the list plus more.

I voted for Emmy, there was just something about her look that screamed BDOTY to me and Eddie was very handsome.

Sending good vibes and strength to get you through the rest of awards season FC, thanks so much for your hard work!!

29. Sarah January 13, 2013 at 06:44 #

All the ladies brought their A game this week, so I actually closed my eyes and picked lol
    I see that everyone is seemingly in love with Ryan’s look, but I actually didn’t care much for it at all. Something about that color just doesn’t sit right with me. Matt Bomer was actually my top choice for the men this week, with Eddie (who has now won me over) in a close second.

30. Anna RIos January 13, 2013 at 07:17 #

Kerry Washington

for her gorgeous fashion forward gown

31. Nishtha January 13, 2013 at 09:20 #

It is too difficult to choose one. I am sure it must have been even more difficult for you to arrive at this final list.
    May this week continue for the rest of the year :P

32. C January 13, 2013 at 12:07 #