12.01.13

Roland Mouret’s Colours & Fabrics For My Oscars Gown – VOTE NOW

Colours & Fabrics Roland Mouret

By now you would’ve hopefully voted for the Roland Mouret gown you wish to see me wearing on Oscar night.

While we’re in awards season mode, now is the time for you to vote on the colour and fabric for my Roland Mouret gown.

You have a choice between ‘Coral Jacquard Silk’, ‘Fuschia Silk’, ‘Grape Hammered Satin’ and ‘Neptune Silk’.

If you have forgotten what I look like, click here to see a picture.

Click Here To Vote For Your Favourite

2013 AFI Awards Menswear Round Up

2013 AFI Awards Menswear Round Up

Marion Cotillard In Prabal Gurung - W Magazine Celebrate The Golden Globes

Marion Cotillard In Prabal Gurung – W Magazine Celebrate The Golden Globes

65 Responses to Roland Mouret’s Colours & Fabrics For My Oscars Gown – VOTE NOW

1. Yeliz January 11, 2013 at 14:46 #

All the colours and fabrics are gorgeous! I voted for the Fuschia Silk, because it’s a beautiful colour and I think it would look great against your skin tone. But I wouldn’t be sad, if one of the other colours would win, because they would look good on you, as well.

• Aurélien January 11, 2013 at 15:22 #

I agree, especially about your skin tone !
      (But we all know your love for this blue hue, and I’m wondering if there isn’t a little voice in your head that prays us to vote for Neptune silk ?!)

• Noemi (WBiS) January 11, 2013 at 15:39 #

Same for me.

• crack January 11, 2013 at 15:48 #

I want electric blue for you FC :)
      anyways, my pick is same, Fuschia silk. This vibrant color will look great on you. I am sure you”ll look “ELECTRIFYING” on that day

• Christine January 12, 2013 at 03:36 #

I agree with Yeliz. I voted for the Fuschia Silk silk as well. It would look good on you :D

2. Katie January 11, 2013 at 15:13 #

Yes its a tough call, the colours are all gorgeous, and will look fab on your skin tone, i too have gone with Fuschia Silk though i would love to see a bright colour on you, oooooh am really excited for you FC!

3. SilentVisitor January 11, 2013 at 15:14 #

Coral being too pale and grape too dark, I think fuschia and neptune would be the best against your skin tone.
    My vote goes to fuschia silk.

4. Moxie January 11, 2013 at 15:28 #

They are all wonderful choices.

My faves:
    1. Grape
    2. Fuchsia
    3. Neptune
    4. Coral

5. Vera January 11, 2013 at 15:28 #

The CORAL!

It will be amazing with your skin colour.

6. jeremyrain January 11, 2013 at 15:31 #

The first one. It will be outstanding with your skin.

7. LizLemooooooon January 11, 2013 at 15:32 #

The ‘Coral Jacquard Silk’ I think would just be boring and wishy-washy.
    So I’m torn between the ‘Grape Hammered Satin’, ‘Neptune Silk’ and ‘Fuschia Silk’.

All three shades would look incredible against your skin tone…

I think I’m going with the ‘Grape Hammered Satin’ because of the three shades, it’s the most elegant and the one that will best suit the one shoulder gown I voted for AND the rich, berry shade will look divine. I can already see it with dark yellow gold accessories, retro wavy hair and a strong defined brow.
    I think the ‘Fuschia Silk’ might easily be a bit too brassy in that sunshine and the ‘Neptune Silk’ isn’t in a rich enough blue.
    Anyway, no matter what you end up with I’m sure you’ll make it work!

• CreoleLady January 11, 2013 at 18:50 #

ITA. OTOH, I would have preferred electric blue over all of these. Bit Megan Fox and Naomi Watts didn’t get the memo that electric blue is FC’s color and have worn it in Mouret more than once recently. So I’m glad there is a blue choice.

8. TL January 11, 2013 at 15:33 #

Fuschia Silk as well. Can’t wait to see the gown~

9. CC January 11, 2013 at 15:43 #

hey gorgeous C,

i voted for neptune silk. the fuchsia silk was tempting, but i think the neptune silk would really pop against your skin color.

have fun at the oscars! so excited for you!

CC

10. Neli January 11, 2013 at 15:43 #

Fuschia Silk! This color would look gorgeous against your amazing skin tone and model body! Can’t wait to the Oscar day!!

• Zee January 14, 2013 at 15:56 #

+1. my vote goes to Fuschia Silk too.

11. dee January 11, 2013 at 15:45 #

Fuchsia silk.

12. Ashley January 11, 2013 at 15:51 #

Fuschia!!

13. manja January 11, 2013 at 15:56 #

voted for CORAL finally,was torne btw grape and fuschia,but Coral it is.Love the photo you posted,you are so statuesqe and great looking.How tall are you?I am 1.80,and it took me a while(about 30yrs almost) to start wearing heels,but now have no problems with it thx god.Grown up age def has it’s adavanatges.

14. Lisa January 11, 2013 at 15:59 #

No satin, but a bright color. Since blue is your favorite, I selected Neptune silk. Good luck!

• Thais January 11, 2013 at 16:47 #

+1!

15. Lee Ann January 11, 2013 at 16:03 #

I would go for the coral as the Fushia and Blue are a bit obvious.

16. EmmaWoodhouse January 11, 2013 at 16:05 #

Was torn between all these choices…the coral for its buttery softness, the fuschia for its rich pop of color, the grape for its beautiful opulence, and blue for its striking hue (and the fact that it’s your favorite color!)
    In the end, I’ve decided to go with the grape because I think it’s the most elegant and Oscar-worthy. Also, I think it would look great with Design 3 (which was my choice).

17. Joy January 11, 2013 at 16:11 #

Easy shmeazy…Neptune silk. I think that will look so beautiful on you! :)

• Linda January 11, 2013 at 22:19 #

My thoughts exactly. There was really no question for me.

• Fraser January 12, 2013 at 14:49 #

18. Nat39 January 11, 2013 at 16:20 #

Def. Grape or Neptune. Light coral is a bit safe and not that inspiring, and Fuscia is a bit too barbie-doll cheesy.

• Nat39 January 11, 2013 at 17:57 #

…going with the Grape satin, I think it’s a bit more grand and has the potential to make a bit stronger impact at the event, plus Neptune silk feels a bit too light and summery.

• Dhppy January 11, 2013 at 18:58 #

I, too, have come down to the Grape or the Neptune. Still not sure. What to do? What to do?

19. Arina January 11, 2013 at 16:20 #

All colours are beautiful and would look wonderful on you, so I had to go with the one that I thought would be the best looking fabric and that’s the Jacquard Silk. It doesn’t matter that the coral is a bit soft, with your skin tone that problem already goes away because of the lovely contrast, and anyway, that’s what bright accessories are for. :p

20. gabis January 11, 2013 at 16:28 #

Weirdly enough the Neptune Silk didn’t strike me as much as the Fuschia even though I’m a huge electric blue lover. So I voted for the latter. But I’m sure you will look incredibly gorgeous in whichever colour FC :)

21. Mary Gatto January 11, 2013 at 16:33 #

Since you love blue, that’s the one I voted for, FC!
    (also, it’ll look amazing with your skin tone)

22. sanya January 11, 2013 at 16:51 #

I votering for coral. I think the color will suit you perfectly, but I was thinking that it would be great to combine some of these colors, like coral and grape silk :) I can imagine you in that kind of combination.

23. Lil's January 11, 2013 at 17:04 #

Neptune Silk

24. Agathe January 11, 2013 at 17:09 #

I voted for Neptune because I know you like this type of blue! Thanks for letting us participate in this exciting choice!!!

25. zineb January 11, 2013 at 17:11 #

I voted for the fuschia silk, you’ll look gorgeous.
    I think I can officially say and (pretty much add to my resume) that I dressed a celebrity at the Oscars :D

26. Camille January 11, 2013 at 17:27 #

It was a tie between the fuschia silk and the neptune silk. I was soooo torn because both of these vibrant hues would look fabulous on you! I finally went with the fuschia silk. I felt it was a safe choice. I love the blue but was worried that it might not be quite the exact right shade of blue. Argghh so hard to tell from a swatch! Fuschia will be amazing on you!

27. GGG January 11, 2013 at 17:28 #

Neptune silk! You love electric blue and that is the closet of the choices to that shade… Although, all of the shades will look absolutely lovely on you, FC!

28. ilwarin January 11, 2013 at 17:29 #

AAAAAAAA this is too hard :( All of these would look amazing on you… in the end I voted for Coral Jacquard Silk…

• Beta January 14, 2013 at 10:17 #

me too! I love the subtle pattern and that colour is very flattering IMO
      the silks are going to look great, and it seems its the most popular opinion. my only concern is the creases, silk dresses tend to crease. I hope this doesnt happen !
      my second choice is the grape, because of the satin

29. Kaylie January 11, 2013 at 17:33 #

I hope the satin doesn’t win so you don’t have to worry about wrinkles! I voted for the coral one, because I remember you once wore an Elie Saab look in a similar color that looked amazing on you!

30. Kate January 11, 2013 at 17:39 #

I voted for coral, because it’s not typically worn on the Oscars red carpet. I want FC to stand out, and the coral will look beautiful against her skin.

And that neptune silk is NOT the electric blue our FC loves, so stop voting for it for that reason, people!

31. pixie January 11, 2013 at 18:09 #

Grape + Sketch 1 would be an absolute winner!

32. Rashmi January 11, 2013 at 18:23 #

How amazing do you look in that pic !!!
    All 4 are gorgeous and have reasons to be picked. my personal fav has to be fuscia and you will look wonderful in it!
    But frankly you will look beautiful in either of them :-)

33. abasss January 11, 2013 at 18:48 #

I think lighter colours will look amazing with your skin, so I voted Coral. The Fuchsia is lovely too, it was hard to pick!

34. peach January 11, 2013 at 18:56 #

I just think the coral would look stunning with your gorgeous skin tone so I went with that. You’re going to look gorgeous no matter what wins!

35. Magdalena. January 11, 2013 at 19:28 #

I had in my mind colors like Emerald, Mustard and Burgundy; but this colors are gorgeous too. I’m torn between the Grape and the Fuschia.

36. justme January 11, 2013 at 19:55 #

Hmm this one is harder.
    I’m torn between coral and neptune.

37. Lexa January 11, 2013 at 21:22 #

All colours would look great on you and that is why I would consider the fabric that is the most crease-resistant,
    So which of them is less prone to creasing: jacquard silk, hammered silk or silk?

As for colours: I think coral and grape are more elegant that the other two, so I would choose between them. After long consideration, I think I would pick coral. :)

38. andrea January 11, 2013 at 21:28 #

Now this was a difficult choice because all those colors are gorgeous, but I voted for blue – I distinctly rememeber FC saying it was her fave color ;-)

39. AnderBoBo January 11, 2013 at 21:40 #

You’d look smashing in any color, however I think the Coral would look the most outstanding! Can’t wait to see the final product!!

40. Ashley A. January 11, 2013 at 21:48 #

This is so hard!

41. Katey January 11, 2013 at 23:45 #

I voted for the Coral. I think that colour would be amazing with your skin tone. And that’s the most elegent of all. And I love the grape colour too.

But usually I don’t like fuschia and neptune coloured dresses at all. so it was easy for me.

42. Simon January 12, 2013 at 01:02 #

Since Blue is your favorite color (if i’m right) i voted for Neptune silk…. hope its what you want, because thats what i want for u ! lol

43. Simon January 12, 2013 at 01:06 #

UGHHHH i don’t know if i made the right choice :( … but i hope it is… sketch 1 + blue would be edgy and i love the idea of an edgy oscar gown ! :(

44. Jess2 January 12, 2013 at 03:23 #

This is much harder than deciding on the silhouette!
    I hope you are liking what we are picking for you FC, and that you are having as much fun as we are! I know you are going to be beautiful, no matter what.

Recently I have seen some ladies with similar colouring to yours in grape, plum and other similar shades and I absolutely love it. So I am going to go with grape but I will honestly love any of the colours as they will all work with your gorgeous colouring :D

45. meimei January 12, 2013 at 05:02 #

i’m torn between grape and neptune, but i’m leaning towards grape as it feels more regal and grand which will be more appropriate for an event like the Oscars, but you will look great in any of the colours :)

• EmmaWoodhouse January 12, 2013 at 18:15 #

haha just saw this comment and that was exactly my dilemma. Eventually went for the grape!

46. Jones19 January 12, 2013 at 17:51 #

I can see you rocking all of these fabrics and colors but in the end I voted for hammered Grape silk because it looks so regal and I can just picture you looking smashing on the red carpet in it :)

47. Marybeth January 12, 2013 at 20:24 #

It’s a tough decision because all of these colors suit you, but I’ll vote for the coral.
    I really like jacquard silk, the way it drapes and shapes.
    If, as I think (???), design #1 wins, I can see a striking asymmetrical gown with a soft color as a winning combination. I visualize this with gold or silver accessories and coral lipstick.

The grape satin scares me a because of the crease potential but the tone is beautiful. (Well, as far as we can tell from a photo!)

48. Lina January 13, 2013 at 00:12 #

I voted for the neptue blue, because if one’s got such a great skin tone that one can wear colors like that, one should definitely do it!! :)

49. mia January 13, 2013 at 00:31 #

i think FUSCHIA PINK for you FC because the hue of the colour will definitely contrast your skin and overall look. It’s a gorgeous deep feminine colour that will bring out the features of the gown and overall silhouette of your figure :)

50. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 13, 2013 at 01:28 #

FC do we know which silhouette you are wearing?

51. Tiger Nueng January 13, 2013 at 10:31 #

Fuschia Silk please!

52. Dan Oliver January 13, 2013 at 20:22 #

I went for the Neptune silk I think it will look so amazing on you it was much harder to pick the colour than the silhouette I loved all the colours apart from the grape satin I’m just not a huge satin fan