12.01.13

Emma Watson’s Style Is Giving You A Case Of Déjà Vu

Emma Watson deja vu Style

Many of you cried “déjà vu” when Emma Watson took to the red carpet at the 2013 People’s Choice Awards on Wednesday, and it appears you may have a point.

Emma certainly has a favoured look which includes plenty of colour, digital prints, in an above-the-knee length which she styles with funky black sandals.

Peter Pilotto appears to be her go-to designer for this, but she also enlists Brood for her colourful, printed mini dress fashion fix.

So long as she’s not always in black, you won’t see me complaining.

Credit: Getty

Vanessa Hudgens' Pam & Gela 'Stevie' Dress

Vanessa Hudgens’ Pam & Gela ‘Stevie’ Dress

Poppy Delevingne's Emilio Pucci Hand Painted Dragon Dress

Poppy Delevingne’s Emilio Pucci Hand Painted Dragon Dress

28 Responses to Emma Watson’s Style Is Giving You A Case Of Déjà Vu

1. Nat39 January 12, 2013 at 01:23 #

I love the colourful prints and her non-dull shoe choices, so I don’t mind. But maybe she could try slightly longer lengths and more variety of cuts/silhouettes.

• admmgz January 12, 2013 at 02:08 #

• Christine January 12, 2013 at 04:06 #

+2 I take prints over the same black LBD anyday.

• Jess2 January 12, 2013 at 04:15 #

2. Sarah January 12, 2013 at 01:36 #

Worlds better than T-Swift’s obsession with white/sparkley gowns on the red carpet. I’m never bored with Emma’s style, while the prints and shapes are along the same theme, her looks feel fresh and fun. I say keep it coming!

3. TeaAtTwo January 12, 2013 at 01:45 #

The brood dress is one I like. But all three sandals are hot.

4. Neli January 12, 2013 at 01:58 #

To be honest i dont see any problem with that! She looks great, fresh and confident and this is very impostant about style. I think Deja vu fits better on Zooey deschanel and her combo = cute dress + black tights.

• Kimmy January 12, 2013 at 03:08 #

5. As January 12, 2013 at 02:14 #

I honestly don’t mind the prints, but I hope there would be a variety in dress length and shapes in the future. All three sandals ate giving me major shoe envy right now! I love how Emma doesn’t stick to one black pair of heels.

• Yeliz January 12, 2013 at 08:13 #

6. EmmaWoodhouse January 12, 2013 at 02:34 #

Yeah, these were the three looks I was matching up! Her latest one is the worst. I kind of like the sporty Brood ensemble.

7. Emmeline January 12, 2013 at 02:48 #

I don’t care about her dresses, I’m too busy loving her shoe collection.

8. Mary January 12, 2013 at 02:51 #

I’ve no problem with that case of déjà vu because she manages to surprise me each time she appears on a red carpet. Maybe could try over cuts (or long dresses)!
    I think déjà vu is a term you can associate with Taylor Swift (always white or gold), Zooey Deschanel (always dressed like a doll), Kim Kardashian (always sl*tty) or even Lea Michele (always too sexy, too sparkly).

9. Pedro January 12, 2013 at 03:18 #

She always looks amazing so i don’t care about the “deja vu”

10. Lola January 12, 2013 at 07:32 #

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it :)

11. Jai January 12, 2013 at 09:19 #

Yes, and the problem is she never really pulls any of these looks off. She just doesn’t have presence on the read carpet. Something is always off about her look. The only one of these that works is the one on the right.

• Jai January 12, 2013 at 09:20 #

* red, not read.

12. kane January 12, 2013 at 10:15 #

“Oooh yeah, I love my fab legs.” I wouldn’t mind if she thought of more interesting ways to present them. What happened to the dress on the right compared to the original version is really sad for instance.

Having said that I actually really like the overall impression on the right. There I think it works.

• kane January 12, 2013 at 10:15 #

What happened to the dress on the LEFT compared to the original version is really sad for instance, sorry!

13. justme January 12, 2013 at 11:39 #

I’m all for colourful prints and funky sandals if you can sell them. I don’t think Emma can.

Imo, whatever is going on above her neck is never coherent with her outfit. Catholic school hair doesn’t mix with edgy.

14. Juliana January 12, 2013 at 11:56 #

I can’t really complain. Firstly, if I had those legs, I would want to showcase them whenever possible. Secondly, Emma’s one of the few young actresses that dresses up in fun, colourful prints. While I do agree she could funk things up with some different lenghts, I don’t see people complaining as much about other starlet’s lengths…

15. Kaiva January 12, 2013 at 12:44 #

Colorful prints is what lacking so often from red carpet and I love them so I’m happy with those choices. I agree that maybe she could mix it up with some different silhouettes.

16. TL January 12, 2013 at 13:24 #

I love her styles, but wish she can wear more long gowns or try more different styles.

17. Hannah January 12, 2013 at 15:36 #

I’ll take colorful prints over LBD anyday. Or one sheer outfit after another (I’m looking at you, Kristen Stewart)

18. annie January 12, 2013 at 16:24 #

i dont mind some of the looks, the most recent looked slightly messy especially with the makeup.

the only issue i have is the length- she always goes for the uber short, if any other celebrity wore that length we would probably brand it too short

19. Charlotte January 12, 2013 at 18:52 #

she looked younger than Chloe Moretz at the People’s Choice

20. Joan January 12, 2013 at 19:26 #

One thing that CAN’T be said about Emma’s style, though, is that her style isn’t age-appropriate. That’s something you rarely see these days with young Hollywood. So go her! The right time will come (given by her age and/or the occasion)when she’s going to go for the long, aging gowns. And when it does, she’ll rock those too because her taste is amazing. (IMO, of course.)

21. Charlotte January 13, 2013 at 06:30 #

yeah people her age arent age-appropriate