12.01.13

Alberta Ferretti And Vogue Limited Edition Collection Fashion Show & Dinner

Alberta Ferretti Lisa Love

The Alberta Ferretti and Vogue Limited Edition Collection 2013 show and dinner hosted at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles, California was what fashion dreams are made of. The chichi event brought out a crush of starlets, and we cannot help but be in love with their kaleidoscope of looks—at least most of them.

Kate Beckinsale: The stunning actress posed in a staggering twist on an LBD from Alberta Ferretti Fall 2012. The sexy and structured corset top matched with a solid black skirt, instead of the printed runway version, was the epitome of edgy glamour. So, too, were Kate’s Edie Parker clutch and State Room wavy feather diamond-encrusted earrings. Her Casadei black patent T-strap pumps with the signature ‘Blade’ heel were far better than the plain catwalk pump, too.

Selena Gomez: The newly single entertainer showed off her sultry appeal in a plunging blue cocktail frock plucked from the Alberta Ferretti Spring 2013 catwalk. She paired it with studded Giuseppe Zanotti nude heels and Melinda Maria jewels. The deep teal-blue shade with its wispy overlay looked all the more sophisticated with Selena’s searing red lip and slicked back updo.

Anna Kendrick: While the color of this starlet’s sheer, light emerald dress was completely on trend, unfortunately this look didn’t translate nearly as dynamically off the Alberta Ferretti Spring 2013 runway. The dress’s lining was too distracting, and Anna’s clunky Sergio Rossi bronze platforms were a horror, weighing down what should have been a diaphanous look.

Alberta Ferretti And Vogue Limited Edition Collection Fashion Show & Dinner 2

Alison Brie: The ‘Mad Men’ actress also added a nude lining to her sheer Alberta Ferretti Spring 2013 moment, but it wasn’t as distracting under the periwinkle lace overlay. She could have pumped up the volume with a bolt of color in her footwear, as was seen on the runway.

Brittany Snow: Not one to be left out, Brittany also pulled out an Alberta Ferretti design for her appearance at the event. But the mauve color and ill-tailored fit just wasn’t working for me. Heavy suede booties further ruined this look.

Olivia Munn: Olivia restored style to the day in her geometric, slim-fitting dress from Alberta Ferretti’s Spring 2013 collection. The best part of this cream design was the angular V-shaped piping at the bodice and sides, which was incredibly figure-flattering. The geometric black Bulgari clutch and coordinating jewels were pretty amazing, too.

Alberta Ferretti

Credit: Getty

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Anna Kendrick In Christian Dior - 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala

Anna Kendrick In Christian Dior – 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala

23 Responses to Alberta Ferretti And Vogue Limited Edition Collection Fashion Show & Dinner

1. Cindy January 12, 2013 at 05:40 #

Oh my…Selena killed it! She looks utterly amazing!

2. Marybeth January 12, 2013 at 06:06 #

Kate and Olivia for the win! They both look great and far outdo the runway looks.

I have to give credit to Anna Kendrick. If you look at that lovely green dress, you would never dream that an attractive young woman could make it frumpy. And yet Anna succeeds in doing just that. Sad.

3. Dhppy January 12, 2013 at 06:09 #

Selena Gomez looks fantastic. I also like Alison Brie’s look, though I agree, more colorful shoes would have helped.

FC, it’s 10 pm here in California, so I”m not sure how you’re still up and posting, but… okay.

• CreoleLady January 12, 2013 at 12:20 #

Rachel Watkins posted this. Which by no means takes away from the incredible work FC herself has been doing over the past couple of days. I stand back amazed — and grateful!!

4. Alex January 12, 2013 at 06:33 #

Thank Goodness Kate was there.

5. Jess2 January 12, 2013 at 06:58 #

Kate and Selena both look fantastic with wonderful styling! Alison and Olivia also looked great. I agree that Anna and Brittany’s dresses and styling left a lot to be desired. Love seeing Anna in some colour though, it is lovely on her.

6. Elise January 12, 2013 at 08:23 #

Marvelous dresses with wrong shoes is the trend of the week, a pity. Like Serena’s look. Please, it would be great the BDOTW poll now, we have so many outfits for two polls or more, the Golden Globes event has to belong to the next week!

7. Yeliz January 12, 2013 at 08:25 #

Love Selena’s look. She is my favourite here alongside Kate.

8. shap_half January 12, 2013 at 09:51 #

Anna Kendrick was such a delight on the RC when she was promoting Up in the Air. Since she’s been so hit and miss. This is a miss.

9. kane January 12, 2013 at 10:01 #

Kate gets a yes from me, Allison and Olivia an okay. I like their dresses, but they could have been styled better.

I absolutely hate what Anna did to her dress–I has so much potential on the runway.

10. kane January 12, 2013 at 10:02 #

I has? It’s “it” of course.

11. zineb January 12, 2013 at 11:04 #

What Brittany Snow wore looks exactly like a Moroccan Caftan, had it been longer.
    And what a busy week it has been! I love me some awards season !

12. C January 12, 2013 at 11:52 #

This was quite entertaining to read. Can we really call the dress Kate Beckinsale wore ‘a staggering twist on an LBD’?

13. TeaAtTwo January 12, 2013 at 12:35 #

Kate was working her outfit to great effect and Selena looks really good. I like Allison’s and Olivia’s looks from the ankles up. Anna’s dress look much better on the runway while Brittany just looks plain bad here.

14. TL January 12, 2013 at 13:34 #

Selena looks great! But I didn’t notice it was her at first sight.

15. EmmaWoodhouse January 12, 2013 at 13:52 #

Kate looks awesome, very sophisticated head to toe. I like the color but not the plunging neckline of Selena’s dress–also, does it have a slight cape back (look at her right arm (our left)). Anna’s dress might be my favorite here as I like the lining but those shoes just kill me. Allison looks pretty, she’s wearing the same dress as Antonia Campbell Hughes did at the Frankenweenie Premiere.
    Brittany looks like she’s wearing a nightgown. Olivia looks chic.

16. Xiomalys Crespo January 12, 2013 at 14:02 #

Selena is really working that red lip. My favorite.

17. Alina January 12, 2013 at 14:12 #

Kate Beckinsale looks perfect!

18. robert January 12, 2013 at 19:49 #

Kate’s black Casadei pumps have me uncontrollably salivating.

19. manolo January 12, 2013 at 20:26 #

Selena Gomez face?

20. Nat39 January 12, 2013 at 20:53 #

I think Selena Gomez finally got it right. This look works perfectly for her, she is my fave here followed by Kate.
    Anna Kendrick and Brittany Snow are the worst.

21. Christine January 13, 2013 at 00:59 #