12.01.13 Menswear

2013 AFI Awards Menswear Round Up

2013 AFI Awards Menswear Carpet Round Up

Eddie Redmayne: The British actor has started the year off really strong. So far, style-wise, he’s leaving his male counterparts in the shade giving us a variety of dapper, slim-fit suits. Continuing to fly the flag for British fashion abroad, he wore a Topshop green-and-navy fleck suit styled with a chocolate-brown shirt, olive cardigan and red pocket square. This has to be one of my favourite looks from Eddie so far. I love the mix of colours and the flame-red pocket square was a perfect touch.

Ben Affleck: While Eddie was stepping out of the box, Ben was very much staying in it keeping his look simple wearing a navy suit with a white shirt and blue tie. I would’ve expected him to wear black shoes, but he opted for brown on this occasion.

Bradley Cooper: Dressed in a grey gingham Gucci suit sans tie, I’m not feeling the black shoes with his light coloured suit.

Credit: Getty

Rihanna's Étoile Isabel Marant Marak Dress

Rihanna’s Étoile Isabel Marant Marak Dress

Roland Mouret’s Colours & Fabrics For My Oscars Gown – VOTE NOW

Roland Mouret’s Colours & Fabrics For My Oscars Gown – VOTE NOW

9 Responses to 2013 AFI Awards Menswear Round Up

1. Yeliz January 12, 2013 at 15:29 #

Eddie is my favourite. This is definitely one of his best looks.

• Christine January 13, 2013 at 01:18 #

I agree wholeheartedly.

2. EmmaWoodhouse January 12, 2013 at 18:01 #

I really like Eddie’s look. He always looks academic, handsome, and delightfully offbeat. Ben looks handsome but samey, and I like Bradley’s slightly quirky look.

3. Nat39 January 12, 2013 at 18:59 #

Eddie is something special, still disappointed that it’s his generic Critics Choice Awards look that made it to BDOTW poll.

The navy suit on Ben looks fabulous, black shoes do seem like a more obvious choice instead of brown.

Bradley – not good enough. The suit seems a size too small for him, and the black shoes are way too contrasting.

• Fashion Critic January 12, 2013 at 19:36 #

thanks

4. Dhppy January 12, 2013 at 20:36 #

This is interesting. I just wrote about hating pants that pool at the bottom, and yet I still prefer Redmayne’s look over Cooper’s; It’s the choice of material and the fact that he rocks a contrasting pocket square.

5. justme January 12, 2013 at 20:47 #

I’ve said it before but what I like about Eddie is the attention to details. When another man would have picked the obvious vest, Eddie opts for a cardigan. And the icing on the cake is of course the colourful pocket square.

He’s classic but original, I love it.

6. Ericka January 12, 2013 at 23:51 #

Eddie does look fantastic.

7. TeaAtTwo January 13, 2013 at 06:06 #

Eddie continues to be a delight on the red carpet showing great versatility in menswear. I think a black skinny tie would have made Bradley shoes more congruous.