Rita Ora In Diane von Furstenberg – BRIT Awards Nominations Announcement

Rita Ora In Diane von Furstenberg - BRIT Awards Nominations Announcement

British singer-songwriter Rita Ora showed off her sizzling style at the BRIT Awards 2013 awards nominations announcement, hosted yesterday at The Savoy hotel in London, England. The entertainer picked up three nods in two categories, including Best Breakthrough and Best British Singer.

For the event, she draped herself in a chart-topping Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2013 look. The shimmering dress was an elevated spin off DVF’s signature wrap dress, what with its opalescent hue and a deep plunging neckline that twisted into an equally daring thigh-high slit.

Rather than the embellished sandal seen on the runway, Rita’s nude pump faded to the background, assuring that this gown kept its status as the center of attention.

A fishtail side braid completed the look with a bit of fun edge.

In the new year, she continues to show us why she was our Best Newcomer of 2012.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jamie Foxx In Ozwald Boateng - 'Django Unchained' London Preimere

Jamie Foxx In Ozwald Boateng – ‘Django Unchained’ London Preimere

Which Was Your Favourite Kerry Washington Look From The ‘Django Unchained’ Promo Tour?

16 Responses to Rita Ora In Diane von Furstenberg – BRIT Awards Nominations Announcement

1. Nat39 January 11, 2013 at 18:22 #

The shimmering dress is beautiful but I don’t think Rita pulls it off – she is overwhelmed by it, and with her presence, this comes across as a bit too try-hard. The dark roots are distracting as per usual and def. would’ve preferred sandals.

2. EmmaWoodhouse January 11, 2013 at 18:25 #

It’s a bit Golden Girls meets Disco…not loving it. But that’s nothing new with me. I don’t like Rita’s style.

• dee January 11, 2013 at 19:41 #

3. Yeliz January 11, 2013 at 18:28 #

I think this is a bit too much for an nominations announcement. I don’t really like the fit on her, looks better on the model.

4. gabis January 11, 2013 at 18:50 #

That dress is absolutely fabulous. I’m completely in love with it on the runway.
    But on Rita I feel quite the opposite about it. First thing is that clearly the dress is way too big for her. It overwhelms her and it doesn’t look good at all. The shoes were not a good choice and her awful hair and rings cheapens the look. The eye makeup could’ve been a bit lighter as well.
    I’m dying to see a re-run of this outstanding piece on someone else already.

• Cindy January 12, 2013 at 05:18 #

+1000

5. justme January 11, 2013 at 19:44 #

This is a beautiful, beautiful dress.
    While I appreciate that Rita toned down the makeup (thank God for no red lipstick), I still don’t think she pulled it off.

6. adrian January 11, 2013 at 20:29 #

more than anything I like the hair not being big and all in my face. She looks nice.

7. Dhppy January 11, 2013 at 20:30 #

This looks too big on her. She seems overwhelmed. This needs to be worn by a taller woman.

8. Agathe January 11, 2013 at 20:52 #

It does indeed look too big on her.
    And if you think she’s overdressed, have a look at Paloma Faith who was with her on the red carpet!!!

9. andrea January 11, 2013 at 21:23 #

She is way too short to pull this off, she looks like someone draped a sequined shower curtain around her

10. Rebecca Z January 11, 2013 at 23:18 #

Not a fan. Don’t like the dress much and it looks really overwhelming on her. But I feel like she is experimenting to find her style.

11. Taksi January 12, 2013 at 00:14 #

With the metallic sheen of the dress, she should have worn metallic shoes as well. The colors are clashing for me.

12. Jess2 January 12, 2013 at 03:44 #

For one her look isn’t terrible. I don’t like Rita’s style at all, I find it quite tacky but I do like this. The styling of this look is different and great, the softer makeup and hair makes it work.

13. Christine January 12, 2013 at 04:14 #

Not really a fan of this style.

14. Kaiva January 12, 2013 at 12:54 #

I like her style, though not sure this was the best choice for her, but what annoys me are those roots. I havent seen a picture from her where her hair isn’t outgrown.