Amanda Seyfried In Marios Schwab – 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Amanda Seyfried In Marios Schwab - 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards

Amanda Seyfried continued to show love for London-based designers when she took to the red carpet at the 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards , held at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California this evening.

The ‘Les Miserables’ star wore a Marios Schwab Spring 2013 dress which was a lot more fashion forward than the look sported by her co-star Anne Hathaway.

Her unique feminine frock featured a black-and-blue lace top half and a free-flowing chiffon skirt with a diamond-shaped hemline which allowed her to flaunt her black strappy Roger Vivier sandals.

A chic knotted bun, cat-eyes and jewelled Lorraine Schwartz earrings completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Reese Witherspoon Loves Her...Elizabeth and James 'Cynnie' Sling Bag

Reese Witherspoon Loves Her…Elizabeth and James ‘Cynnie’ Sling Bag

Leslie Mann In Honor - 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards

Leslie Mann In Honor – 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

29 Responses to Amanda Seyfried In Marios Schwab – 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

1. Nat39 January 11, 2013 at 03:02 #

This is nice, delicate, pretty and feminine but Amanda isn’t selling this look to me. She looks awkward and slouchy in all pics, wish she was working this look with more grace.

• Molly January 11, 2013 at 03:46 #

I think this would be an overall better look if she wore her hair down and wavy and if she actually stood up straight.

• dee January 11, 2013 at 13:19 #

I agree.

• Alina January 11, 2013 at 07:33 #

• Cass January 11, 2013 at 14:04 #

2. AW January 11, 2013 at 03:06 #

I want to like this look because Amanda seems very likeable but I hate all of it.

The hair screams high school prom.

The dark lace makes me think of a fungus growing from her pits.

She is not long enough in the torso (or she has bad posture) so the fit is off under the bust.

And the shoes are not sexy.

• Rashmi January 11, 2013 at 05:18 #

+1.
      All points are spot on.
      Tried to like it, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

3. EmmaWoodhouse January 11, 2013 at 03:11 #

When I first saw this, I wasn’t thrilled by it. But then…I’m warming up to it. There’s a lot going on, yes, but she kept her styling simple and the blue is lovely on her. It’s an interesting and different look. I like it.

• Yeliz January 11, 2013 at 09:38 #

Totally agree. I didn’t like it at first, but now I do.

• Jess2 January 11, 2013 at 13:51 #

I was the same, really starting to like this now. I love the view from the side, she just needs to push her shoulders back a tad.

4. bm January 11, 2013 at 03:12 #

I love it, one of my contenders for best dressed of the event.

5. TeaAtTwo January 11, 2013 at 03:24 #

One of my favourites of the night. It’s daring but pretty, modern but dressy. Her hair and make-up were flawless. I like her sandals and go with the dress but I’d have picked simple strappy sandals.

• Mandy January 11, 2013 at 04:09 #

+1 This makes me curious about her choices for the Globes and Oscars night. FC do you know if any sites are doing style predictions for those two nights?

6. Markness January 11, 2013 at 03:24 #

I think I’ll like it if their was a fan with her. It looks better when the skirt is moving. :)

FC, have you seen Jessica Chastain’s outfit. What do you think of it? It’s red, her fave color! :)

7. justme January 11, 2013 at 03:33 #

This dress needs attitude, something Amanda doesn’t seem to have.
    She looks good but she’s not selling it :(

8. Aline January 11, 2013 at 03:55 #

I like the dress, but I don’t think she’s working it. Plus the hairstyle doesn’t add to the look.

• admmgz January 11, 2013 at 06:12 #

9. Eve_V January 11, 2013 at 03:58 #

Amanda pretty much can do no wrong for me, since I absolutely adore and admire her. But the fit of the top f dress is indeed a little off, otherwise it is another stunner from her.

10. Mari January 11, 2013 at 04:56 #

The dress is beautiful, but it looks better in movement than still photos. In the model looks gorgeous and feminine, which Amanda is, but she is posing still. If it were a red carpet like Cannes, where they do go out there…

11. pipsqueak January 11, 2013 at 05:07 #

I agree with some comments here that Amanda isn’t selling it. She has sweet smiles but her eyes say nothing. She has long legs but her body doesn’t communicate. She seems perfect for designers who largely design for “little fashion girls” – Jason Wu, Preen, Schwab, Kane, Erin Fetherston etc. I’m not sure who the Schwab girl is, frankly. His clothes always seem an inch short, too flimsy or as if he ran out of fabrics.

12. Wong Hiao Hiao January 11, 2013 at 05:24 #

It’s an interesting piece, but she’s not doing it justice. Amanda should stick to classic feminine pieces.

13. Christine January 11, 2013 at 05:46 #

Like this look not the shoes.

14. Quinn January 11, 2013 at 07:23 #

Oh, i don’t get the negative review on this look because i love it! she look exquisite. i especially like the look from the side. the shade of blue of this dress is divine, and her hair and make up is flawless. my second fav of the night after marion.

15. Atiyya January 11, 2013 at 08:30 #

I love the dress, and her hair, but I think that she could 1. strike a pose that would accentuate the dress and stop that iffy scrunching of material at her tummy and 2. beg for better shoes that don’t age the entire look.

16. Neli January 11, 2013 at 10:46 #

She looks really great!

17. sasa January 11, 2013 at 11:28 #

This dress is too fussy for Amanda. She looks like she doesn’t know what to do with it.

18. Jess January 11, 2013 at 13:43 #

adore. pretty with a bit of attitude. make up is great, hair is ok.

19. sara January 11, 2013 at 19:44 #

I really like this look from the knees up. The bodice is beautiful, her makeup and hair are perfect. I dont like the way the hemline photographs or the choice of shoe, but aside from that its a gorgeous look!

20. adrian January 11, 2013 at 20:40 #