Who Wore Rochas Better…Emma Stone or Anna Dello Russo?

Who Wore Rochas Better Emma Stone or Anna Dello Russo

Usually Anna Dello Russo gets her hands on runway pieces first but on this occasion Emma Stone beat her to the punch.

The blonde actress was the first to wear this brown Rochas Fall 2012 dress to ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Tokyo premiere back in June.

Her drop-waist dress with a puffy skirt was styled with cute Christian Louboutin ‘Love Me Bow’ heels and a rolled updo.

Anna wore her dress to the Miu Miu Spring 2013 presentation during Paris Fashion Week back in October.

The editor-at-large of Vogue Nippon styled her brown dress with aqua-blue accessories including Miu Miu booties, Anna Dello Russo for H&M earrings and a croc bag by Brazilian designer Paula Cademartori.

Emma wins for me as I prefer her softer approach to styling this look.

00410m (2)

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rita Wilson In Prada - 21st Annual ELLA Awards

Rita Wilson In Prada – 21st Annual ELLA Awards

Emma Stone In J. Mendel - The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Emma Stone In J. Mendel – The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

29 Responses to Who Wore Rochas Better…Emma Stone or Anna Dello Russo?

1. Jones19 January 9, 2013 at 10:27 #

Emma Stone wins. Those booties that Anna is wearing are extremely ugly.

2. Alina January 9, 2013 at 10:32 #

Emma by far!

3. Zissou January 9, 2013 at 10:41 #

It’s an ugly dress.
    Having said that, while I adore Anna’s pop of colour, the potato sack ultimately sits better on Emma, so she gets my love.

• manja January 9, 2013 at 11:20 #

you said it,it is an extremly ugly dress,so noone wins,both loose,but Emma is a bit better considering Anne ugly boots wich clash with the bag

• Kat January 10, 2013 at 11:05 #

Totally agree with you. What an ugly dress!’

4. Beta January 9, 2013 at 11:02 #

ADR as always excessorises
    anyway this dress is not my cup of tea

5. gabis January 9, 2013 at 12:15 #

Needless to say Emma wins. The dress fits her like a glove and her hair, makeup and accessories are gorgeous.
    ADR looks ridiculous. The fitting is completely off and the puffy skirt looks bad and fails to excite. Needless to say how awful her accessories are.

• Yeliz January 9, 2013 at 16:56 #

I agree 100%.

6. Laura January 9, 2013 at 14:06 #

Anna’s accessories are frightful with this dress.

7. Leela January 9, 2013 at 14:18 #

Sometimes I “get” weird fashion pieces but this is just plain ugly. Emma Stone however is cute in anything so she wins.

8. Christine January 9, 2013 at 14:41 #

FC, question and forgive me for sounding naive.

But I noticed that Anna Dello Russo rarely wears, the specific designer’s clothing to their fashion show.

In other words when she is attending fashion week, say for instance Miu Miu. Instead of wearing Miu Miu to the show, she wears Rochas….? I wonder why. I normally thought most fashion folk as “influential” as Anna Dello Russo knows better. And looking back at her posts, she does that very often. I thought only Anna Wintour is the exception the rule. LOL

Something I wondered for a while. Just wanted to know your thoughts.

• Fashion Critic January 9, 2013 at 16:23 #

She used to change for every show to wear the designer she was attending, then I guess she got tired of doing that so now she only wears one outfit for the day and one for the evening.

I think she realized that it was more practical to keep her dress changes to a minimum

• Christine January 10, 2013 at 02:18 #

Makes sense. Thanks, FC! I am still new to all this fashion stuff-so thanks for responding :)

9. Christine January 9, 2013 at 14:42 #

And to be on topic Emma wore it best. Hands down.

10. just sayin January 9, 2013 at 15:17 #

Oh, FC. While I admire your talent for always finding the most unflattering pictures of ADR, maybe it’s time to let old grudges go. ;)

• Fashion Critic January 9, 2013 at 16:22 #

What grudge? I don’t have a grudge against ADR.

The fact of the matter is she emailed me a few months after the event and apologized and I accepted her apology.

I think you should concentrate on fashion, like do, and not worry yourself with regards to things like picture selection.

• just sayin January 9, 2013 at 23:30 #

There really was no need to get defensive. I commented on it simply because I found it funny, that’s all. It’s like your thing against black pumps – idiosyncracies that make your blog personal and entertaining. If I didn’t care about the fashion, why would I even be here? :)

• Fashion Critic January 9, 2013 at 23:40 #

I wasn’t getting defensive. You directed a comment at me and I replied.

• cartouche January 9, 2013 at 23:22 #

I think any pictures of her with her full face showing are going to be unflattering.. Just sayin

11. TeaAtTwo January 9, 2013 at 15:29 #

I like the dress on Emma, it looks vintage style chic and whimsical but what the hell was ADR thinking?- the accessories are awful and the skirt flat and it all just looks unflattering on her.

12. andrea January 9, 2013 at 16:31 #

Anna doesn’t have enough “girls” to fill the top and so it looks quite pathetic on her. I realize Anna is influential but I rarely like what she wears, its just kind of bizarre.

13. Dhppy January 9, 2013 at 17:30 #

I think ADR always looks a hot mess. I’ve never seen Vogue Japan, so I’ll assume she’s good at what she does, but I just don’t get her fashion sensibility.

• amparo January 9, 2013 at 18:20 #

Agreed! 100%

• Lisa January 9, 2013 at 18:40 #

ITA

• justme January 9, 2013 at 21:58 #

Same here. She always overaccesorizes.

14. justme January 9, 2013 at 21:56 #

The dress is heavy and frumpy but Emma managed to still look delicate in it. I really like the classic updo and her choice of pumps.

15. EmmaWoodhouse January 9, 2013 at 23:14 #

The dress is terrible to start with, yet it looks quite cute on the adorable Emma. It hangs like a sack on Anna though, as it does on the model. Then there’s styling. Emma’s pitchperfect shoes, hairstyle, and otherwise simple look makes the dress almost likable. Anna crowds with hideously mismatched turquoise pieces. Not sure why she’s a fashion icon, but…yeah.
    Emma wins.

16. pipsqueak January 10, 2013 at 04:49 #

Awful dress. But ADR really made herself into a caricature, like a cartoon character in a Hayao Miyazaki’s movie. Those shoes looked like rubber wellies worn by Japanese farmers working in the rice fields, the dress was made of burlap and her hair made of wheat. Emma saved this ugly dress. She wins easily.

• Ariel May 24, 2013 at 15:37 #

+ 1000

And what s with Anna s face? Failed plastic surgery?? It s so scary!