Who Wore Rochas Better…Emma Stone or Anna Dello Russo?

Who Wore Rochas Better Emma Stone or Anna Dello Russo

Usually Anna Dello Russo gets her hands on runway pieces first but on this occasion Emma Stone beat her to the punch.

The blonde actress was the first to wear this brown Rochas Fall 2012 dress to ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Tokyo premiere back in June.

Her drop-waist dress with a puffy skirt was styled with cute Christian Louboutin ‘Love Me Bow’ heels and a rolled updo.

Anna wore her dress to the Miu Miu Spring 2013 presentation during Paris Fashion Week back in October.

The editor-at-large of Vogue Nippon styled her brown dress with aqua-blue accessories including Miu Miu booties, Anna Dello Russo for H&M earrings and a croc bag by Brazilian designer Paula Cademartori.

Emma wins for me as I prefer her softer approach to styling this look.

00410m (2)

Credit: Style.com & Getty

29 thoughts on “Who Wore Rochas Better…Emma Stone or Anna Dello Russo?

1. Zissou

It’s an ugly dress.
    Having said that, while I adore Anna’s pop of colour, the potato sack ultimately sits better on Emma, so she gets my love.

1. manja

you said it,it is an extremly ugly dress,so noone wins,both loose,but Emma is a bit better considering Anne ugly boots wich clash with the bag

2. gabis

Needless to say Emma wins. The dress fits her like a glove and her hair, makeup and accessories are gorgeous.
    ADR looks ridiculous. The fitting is completely off and the puffy skirt looks bad and fails to excite. Needless to say how awful her accessories are.

3. Leela

Sometimes I “get” weird fashion pieces but this is just plain ugly. Emma Stone however is cute in anything so she wins.

4. Christine

FC, question and forgive me for sounding naive.

But I noticed that Anna Dello Russo rarely wears, the specific designer’s clothing to their fashion show.

In other words when she is attending fashion week, say for instance Miu Miu. Instead of wearing Miu Miu to the show, she wears Rochas….? I wonder why. I normally thought most fashion folk as “influential” as Anna Dello Russo knows better. And looking back at her posts, she does that very often. I thought only Anna Wintour is the exception the rule. LOL

Something I wondered for a while. Just wanted to know your thoughts.

1. Fashion Critic Post author

She used to change for every show to wear the designer she was attending, then I guess she got tired of doing that so now she only wears one outfit for the day and one for the evening.

I think she realized that it was more practical to keep her dress changes to a minimum

5. just sayin

Oh, FC. While I admire your talent for always finding the most unflattering pictures of ADR, maybe it’s time to let old grudges go. ;)

1. Fashion Critic Post author

What grudge? I don’t have a grudge against ADR.

The fact of the matter is she emailed me a few months after the event and apologized and I accepted her apology.

I think you should concentrate on fashion, like do, and not worry yourself with regards to things like picture selection.

1. just sayin

There really was no need to get defensive. I commented on it simply because I found it funny, that’s all. It’s like your thing against black pumps – idiosyncracies that make your blog personal and entertaining. If I didn’t care about the fashion, why would I even be here? :)

6. TeaAtTwo

I like the dress on Emma, it looks vintage style chic and whimsical but what the hell was ADR thinking?- the accessories are awful and the skirt flat and it all just looks unflattering on her.

7. andrea

Anna doesn’t have enough “girls” to fill the top and so it looks quite pathetic on her. I realize Anna is influential but I rarely like what she wears, its just kind of bizarre.

8. Dhppy

I think ADR always looks a hot mess. I’ve never seen Vogue Japan, so I’ll assume she’s good at what she does, but I just don’t get her fashion sensibility.

9. justme

The dress is heavy and frumpy but Emma managed to still look delicate in it. I really like the classic updo and her choice of pumps.

10. EmmaWoodhouse

The dress is terrible to start with, yet it looks quite cute on the adorable Emma. It hangs like a sack on Anna though, as it does on the model. Then there’s styling. Emma’s pitchperfect shoes, hairstyle, and otherwise simple look makes the dress almost likable. Anna crowds with hideously mismatched turquoise pieces. Not sure why she’s a fashion icon, but…yeah.
    Emma wins.

11. pipsqueak

Awful dress. But ADR really made herself into a caricature, like a cartoon character in a Hayao Miyazaki’s movie. Those shoes looked like rubber wellies worn by Japanese farmers working in the rice fields, the dress was made of burlap and her hair made of wheat. Emma saved this ugly dress. She wins easily.