09.01.13

Mariah Carey In Lanvin – 2013 Winter TCA Tour

Mariah Carey In Lanvin - 2013 Winter TCA Tour

Singer and ‘American Idol’ judge Mariah Carey took the stage alongside her fellow judges for a panel discussion on day 5 of the 2013 Winter TCA tour at the Langham Hotel in Pasadena, California on Tuesday.

She wore a bright emerald-green Lanvin strapless peplum dress from the Spring 2013 collection, which she accessorized with crystal Joan Boyce jewelry and Christian Louboutin ankle-strap heels.

There isn’t much about this look I actually like.

While the colour of the dress is right on trend, it’s hard to really judge: the dress loses most of its shape since Mariah is sitting down for the panel.

The ankle straps on the shoes cut off her legs and the crystal choker and matching bracelets feel a bit too prom.

Mariah has a tendency to dress a bit over the top and this was no exception. However, with some different accessories, the dress alone isn’t that bad. Better luck next time, Mariah.

You can buy Mariah’s Lanvin dress from Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.

Credit: Getty

Shoescribe Spring/Summer Sale: Get Up To 60% Off

Shoescribe Spring/Summer Sale: Get Up To 60% Off

Zhang Zilin In Dolce & Gabbana - Sohu Fashion Achievement Awards

Zhang Zilin In Dolce & Gabbana – Sohu Fashion Achievement Awards

24 Responses to Mariah Carey In Lanvin – 2013 Winter TCA Tour

1. Alina January 9, 2013 at 12:30 #

Not good.

2. Lee Ann January 9, 2013 at 13:15 #

talk about not dressing for your body type! Nightmare. She also needs to learn how to sit properly.

• Anita January 9, 2013 at 18:13 #

She never dresses for her size – its been evident for years that she thinks she’s a size 10 (UK) or something like in her vision of love days.

She will forever dress like a tacky child.

• Francois Bresmal January 11, 2013 at 00:03 #

“She will forever dress like a tacky child.” THIS THIS THIS. + she looks SICK

3. dee January 9, 2013 at 13:50 #

Too much sparkle.

4. Christine January 9, 2013 at 14:30 #

The accessories are killing this look. So a no for me.

5. Pedro January 9, 2013 at 14:42 #

Tacky as hell, as always!

• mm January 9, 2013 at 16:25 #

Yes, whatever she wears she looks tacky. I am waiting for the day when that doesnt happen.

• julyol1972 January 9, 2013 at 16:55 #

There was one time many, many moons ago when Andre Talley was trying to do a style make-over with Mariah. She wore a white dress that was absolutely divine and fitted her beautifully. Sadly, that was the first and last time I saw them together and the style partnership dissolved soon after. She has potential but needs to find a proper girlfriend who who tell her the truth – not what she wants to hear.

6. katie January 9, 2013 at 14:45 #

This dress is not flattering at all on her bodyshape, nice colour but its too tight in the wrong places

7. Rebecca Z January 9, 2013 at 16:59 #

Wouldn’t it be nice if she grew up fashion-wise. This is dreadful.

8. Lisa January 9, 2013 at 17:03 #

She looks like she is ready to bust out of the dress. she is too curvy and still wants to dress too young for her age. she is beautiful, she could do so much better

9. admmgz January 9, 2013 at 17:09 #

Let me start by saying I love the dress itself.
    I think the ONLY thing Mariah got right was the color of the dress (she must’ve gotten the memo from Pantone lol) Does she have a stylist? If not, she really needs one that can help her pick figure flattering ensembles w/o bringing back “Glitter” ;) Her tan & over-contoured face is all wrong- she looks orange & the contouring needed to be blended better. Maybe the dress was too tight for her to sit like a lady? Idk but it’s all wrong (& the little bit of bangs that’s astray is urking me but that’s just me). I hope that one day she’ll get everything right…

• Natalie19 January 10, 2013 at 00:20 #

I agree about the makeup. She should get a new makeup artist. It looks horrible

10. Yeliz January 9, 2013 at 17:10 #

I like the dress itself, but I don’t like Mariah’s look at all.

11. Amy January 9, 2013 at 17:35 #

the problem with Mariah is that she always pick clothes two sizes smaller. It looks like it’s about to burst: the body or her dress.

12. Kathy January 9, 2013 at 18:32 #

I get uncomfortable just looking at her…goodness gracious, talk about too small a size! Her accessories are also extremely uneccessary.

13. Nat39 January 9, 2013 at 18:54 #

Dreadful.

14. Ella January 9, 2013 at 22:39 #

It’s not the right size. End of discussion. Gorgeous color….but seriously, that’s ALL I like about it. Even the accessories leave something to be desired for me

• EmmaWoodhouse January 10, 2013 at 00:29 #

Agree to all points.

15. Evil Britta January 10, 2013 at 01:17 #

The band aid, the sunglasses – did she even know she was going to an event? Just threw on the latest gift bag jewellery and run? The disappearing tan on her decolletage is the killer for me.

16. pipsqueak January 10, 2013 at 04:15 #

At least this time she was not baring her midriff, flashing her legs or having a butterfly halo above her head.

17. Jess2 January 10, 2013 at 08:59 #

Just no!

18. Charlotte January 10, 2013 at 10:11 #

most of her outfits are just very bad. she actually is a beautiful girl, she just needs a right stylist. just look at her outfit on Ellen Show in 2008 where she wore a orange dress. she was slim back then.