Emma Stone In Lanvin – ‘Gangster Squad’ LA Premiere

Emma Stone In Lanvin - 'Gangster Squad' LA Premiere

Emma Stone continues to rock a blonde ‘do for her first appearance on the red carpet in 2013 at the LA premiere of ‘Gangster Squad’, held at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California yesterday evening.

She’s also the first star to don a Pre-Fall 2013 look. I had my money on Diane Kruger.

Dressed head-to-toe in red, the actress wore a Lanvin Pre-Fall 2013 red woven silk and brocade strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline, which she styled with Lanvin jewels including a red ‘Babylon’ crystal necklace and a red ‘Volubilis’ crystal flower brooch accenting her waistband.

She also added a red Lanvin ‘Passion’ box clutch and Christian Louboutin ‘Batignolles’ heels.

I was hoping for a gown, but this look definitely gets a BDOTW nod as I love the striking colour, the accessorizing has been improved from the look-book picture, plus I love her sleek locks and smoky eyes.

It appears Emma has a thing for red Lanvin looks, as she sported this combo at the 2012 Met Gala.

Red is also the colour of the moment: both Helen Mirren and Connie Britton have grabbed our attention wearing this bold hue this week.

Credit: WWD & Getty

Nicola Peltz In Balenciaga - 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' Rio de Janeiro Photocall

Nicola Peltz In Balenciaga – ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ Rio de Janeiro Photocall

Ryan Gosling In Gucci - ‘Gangster Squad’ LA Premiere

Ryan Gosling In Gucci – ‘Gangster Squad’ LA Premiere

37 Responses to Emma Stone In Lanvin – ‘Gangster Squad’ LA Premiere

1. Rashmi January 8, 2013 at 09:14 #

The previous red Lanvin was let down by the black pumps, but not this time!
    The color is gorgeous, and the necklace fits in followed by the red heel.
    BDOTW contender for sure!!

2. Yeliz January 8, 2013 at 09:19 #

What an amazing start to the year! She looks fantastic. I love love love everything about this look. Her acessories complemented her dress perfectly. Definitely a BDOTW contender.

• Christine January 8, 2013 at 13:24 #

She is definitely a BDOTW worthy winner. Great to the first Pre-Fall 2013 on a RC!

3. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang January 8, 2013 at 09:30 #

Emma Stone looks every bit the leading lady in this scarlet red Lanvin mini dress that goes well with her milky complexion!! Love her sleek locks and red patent heels, the chunky statement necklace add great amount of glamour to the outfit!! Another BDOTW contender is on, she’s Emma Stone!!!

4. Georgiana January 8, 2013 at 09:44 #

She looks gorgeous – and you can tell she’s just getting started. I adore Emma’s style.

5. Lee Ann January 8, 2013 at 09:51 #

I love the dress but think that the necklace is not needed given the broach at the waist

• Nat39 January 8, 2013 at 19:14 #

Exactly. The necklace and the brooch are competing, this just looks wrong.
      Striking colour, but there is absolutely nothing special about this dress, it’s rather plain. Not BDOTW worthy for me at all. Helen’s and esp. Connie’s gowns were much more exciting and worthy.

• MG January 8, 2013 at 21:14 #

agree

• pipsqueak January 9, 2013 at 02:47 #

Totally agreed! But overall, Emma looked stunning.

6. the ogre January 8, 2013 at 10:10 #

she never fails to impress and this occasion is no different from the others. The met gala look was just a slight misstep but this one wins it!

7. Amy January 8, 2013 at 11:02 #

bdotw contender! the accessories are a nice touch

8. Beta January 8, 2013 at 11:24 #

Love this look on Emma, much improved to the lookbook version. Its a very interesting dress, like all of Elbaz’s work, its definitely different

9. zineb January 8, 2013 at 11:41 #

I don’t like it at all. Too much going on

10. rita January 8, 2013 at 11:58 #

I don’t get the appeal about her, I am sorry. She reminds me ofJessica Biel, she has great stylists but rarely breathes any life into her outfits. Here, she looks nice but it’s all hanging on her.

• the ogre January 9, 2013 at 07:48 #

please…it’s an earnest request. do anything and say anything else about emma stone but do not compare her style to jessica biel’s!!! that would be doing injustice to all the fabulous looks she has given us in the past year…

• rita January 10, 2013 at 11:12 #

Please yourself! I have my opinion and I’ll keep, thank god we live in a democracy. I never said she dressed badly just that she has zero persanlity and clothes wear her. I don’t think she brings life to her outfits as gorgeours as they are. End of discussion!

11. ash January 8, 2013 at 12:23 #

this dress doesnt get me…I dont like the fabric. But the shoes are AMAZING. btw I think her make-up is a little too much.

12. Serena January 8, 2013 at 12:36 #

This is amazing. I love everything about it. She pulls of so much red with ease. Love the necklace!

13. Anne January 8, 2013 at 13:10 #

I like the dress in the wider shots (“full-on Monet”). Up close, it’s a bit too craft project for me. It looks bulky and unfitted. I love the necklace & the brooch, but not as accessories for the same look. Overkill. I think I am finally used to her blonde hair.

14. Jess2 January 8, 2013 at 14:17 #

YAY another Emme Stone promo tour, and it is with Ryan Gosling which is even better :D

I love most of the look but find the eye makeup too much, I think it needed to be toned down just a touch.

• Eni January 8, 2013 at 16:33 #

15. dee January 8, 2013 at 14:35 #

I am not completely on board with this look. I think she should have either worn the necklace without the pin on the belt or the pin on her belt without the necklace. They are such bold pieces that together it is just too much. I love the dress though. The shoes complement it well.

16. justme January 8, 2013 at 14:44 #

I don’t like the dress to begin with.
    And while I am glad that the brooch is on the waistband and not on the neckline, she ruined it with the heavy necklace. Totally overkill.
    I also would have preferred shoes that were not red.

17. EmmaWoodhouse January 8, 2013 at 16:33 #

WOW. I love Emma, as usual–she adds such a spark to the look. The red dress is punched up by the brooch at the waist and the necklace (which goes so well with the brooch, despite my early misgivings.). I love that she was brave enough to go all out red. I miss her red hair, per usual, but that’s OK–she still looks fabulous and totally BDOTW-worthy!

18. Rebecca Z January 8, 2013 at 17:15 #

This is a knockout. Yes, the dress is a tad odd (don’t like the stripes going up the sides) and yes the jewelry is big and bold, but for me it all works spectacularly together on this tiny girl. How does she do it?

19. glenn January 8, 2013 at 17:21 #

her hair looks like a wig, she look awful as a blonde

20. Prudence January 8, 2013 at 18:22 #

im sorry but I think this is like her worst look. I hate the dress on her, its so weird and boxy and since this is the premiere of a sexy vintage movie I wish she would have looked more like a screen siren. The necklace is pretty but too big and then she completely destroyed the look with those poppy heels( not red! ).

• Aline January 8, 2013 at 22:12 #

This was a huge letdown to me. I was really expecting her to go full on 40s glamour.

21. Susan January 8, 2013 at 19:56 #

Normally when i see pictures of Emma on the red carpet i think fine or cute.

This is fine.

22. Dan Oliver January 8, 2013 at 20:02 #

As usual I love it Emma rarely puts a foot wrong she makes everything she wears look cool young and fresh BDOTW contender for sure.

23. Xiomalys Crespo January 8, 2013 at 22:07 #

The only thing I like about this look are the pumps.

24. Markness January 9, 2013 at 01:12 #

I think this is BDOTW worthy but I’m hoping for a gown! I hope she wears a gown on the other premieres. :)

• Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang January 9, 2013 at 13:40 #

I do hope there’s still more premieres from different countries such as UK, Germany, Spain or even Tokyo!! All eyes would be just on the leading lady, I really hope that Emma Stone will brush up her ante for next premieres, that’s just too little glamour we expect, i really expect full-length glamour for Emma!!! Pray hard, Emma’s fans!!

25. Alina January 9, 2013 at 08:05 #

This is just ok.

26. TeaAtTwo January 9, 2013 at 15:25 #

I love the all red look so fiery. The big necklace and matching pumps were great additions to make the look come alive. I think it would’ve been more amazing if she had her red mane.

27. Kathy January 9, 2013 at 19:05 #

Love love love! Emma is one of those people who can pull off almost any color, and red is no exception. (This is 1000x better than her Met Gala look IMO.) I like the necklace and the placement of the brooch. It really does look much better at the waist than at the top of the bodice. I don’t think the necklace and brooch clash, because they’re not both overly flashy or sparkly.

28. Noemi (WBiS) January 10, 2013 at 17:06 #

Red is always a good choice. But I don’t like the fit of the dress, which is not very flattering. The statement necklace is beautiful, but too much, considering the neckline and the brooch. Not a great look from her.