Zhang Ziyi In Georges Chakra Couture  - ‘The Grandmasters’ Beijing Press Conference

Zhang Ziyi continues to leave me in awe of her red carpet choices.

On Sunday she attended two press conferences held at the Marriott Hotel in Beijing, China for her latest project ‘The Grandmasters’ sporting two very different looks.

Starting with my favourite: she donned a super-chic Georges Chakra Fall 2012 Couture black-and-white look with a PVC dress and flowing cape.

This look is so edgy, sexy and modern that I can totally forgive those clunky Giuseppe Zanotti triple-stacked platform peep-toes.

Zhang Ziyi In Valentino - ‘The Grandmasters’ Beijing Press Conference

A centre-parted bun and dramatic drop earrings completed her BDOTW-worthy look.

Going from edgy to sweet, the Asian superstar, who is on quite a roll, wore a Valentino Resort 2013 green floral macramé lace dress.

Sadly there are only seated pictures of Zhang Ziyi in this dress, which she styled with another pair of dazzling earrings and a nude pair of YSL Tribute pumps.

I already can’t wait for her next look.

Which look is your favourite?

Credit: Style.com, NYMag & Getty

Wish-List Wednesday

Wish-List Wednesday

Diane Lane In Dolce & Gabbana and Richard Gere In Giorgio Armani - 2013 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

Diane Lane In Dolce & Gabbana and Richard Gere In Giorgio Armani – 2013 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

31 Responses to Zhang Ziyi In Georges Chakra Couture & Valentino – ‘The Grandmasters’ Beijing Press Conference

1. Christine January 7, 2013 at 17:40 #

Like both looks. From edgy to sweet. She looks fierce in the first look. She better WerQ!

2. Francois B January 7, 2013 at 17:50 #

AAAAAAAAAAAH that was one of my favorite Georges Chakra look, SO glad whe shore it first :D

3. Nat39 January 7, 2013 at 17:55 #

The 1st look on the model is so incredibly sexy and fierce, love (!!). Zhang is slightly overwhelmed though, the whole thing is kinda hanging off her, and I don’t think I can forgive those tacky pumps.
    The 2nd look is really sweet but once again not excited about those pumps.

• Beta January 7, 2013 at 18:30 #

i also have issues with her footwear choice :P

• zineb January 7, 2013 at 18:31 #

• Lola January 7, 2013 at 18:36 #

+1 she is simply not tall enough for either outfit the clanky ugly pumps makes it even worse

4. CreoleLady January 7, 2013 at 18:19 #

The hooves are horrific and bring down both looks.

5. robbie January 7, 2013 at 18:26 #

both good looks but the shoe choice for both is terrible.

6. dee January 7, 2013 at 18:47 #

The first look is okay. I like the green dress better. I wish she didn’t wear such heavy-looking pumps.

7. Neli January 7, 2013 at 18:49 #

Gorgeous! Love asian girls!

8. Pablo January 7, 2013 at 19:01 #

As much as I want to, I just can’t forgive her shoes… Real shame, cause the Georges Chakra look is awesome.

9. Dhppy January 7, 2013 at 19:25 #

I like the drama of the edgier look best. She looks like some rogue replicant from Blade Runner. I’m amazed she didn’t snap an ankle in those shoes.

• julyol1972 January 7, 2013 at 22:16 #

She took classes at the “Victoria Beckman School of Daffodil Pumps” to learn how to walk in those things.

• julyol1972 January 7, 2013 at 22:16 #

“Beckham”

• MEME January 9, 2013 at 00:06 #

lol

10. shap_half January 7, 2013 at 22:05 #

I think she looks sensational in that black and white one. I don’t care about the pumps, but she pulls it off for me. BDOTW!!!

11. noo January 7, 2013 at 22:25 #

She keeps this up and she ends up in my BDOTW every week :D The George Chakra is so chic and edgy it makes my jaw drop!

12. Yeliz January 7, 2013 at 22:39 #

Her shoe choices are terrible, but she still looks absolutely stunning in both looks. I love the Georges Chakra a bit more though.

13. TeaAtTwo January 7, 2013 at 22:39 #

Ankles up I adore both looks especially the Chakra look. The first is so chic and dramatic and I really like the colour of the Valentino and she looks elegant. The low bun and both earring were great choices. I’d be happy to see the Chakra look for BDOTW.

14. Princess Chi Chi January 7, 2013 at 23:12 #

Love the drama from the first look. Totally BDOTW material.

15. pipsqueak January 8, 2013 at 00:33 #

Love the first edgy look much better. Valentino lace dress is so boring and has been copied by many mass market retailers. I’m not crazy about the platform pumps she’s been sporting lately, though. They make a tiny girl look like Minnie Mouse. Case in point. They’re also quite yesterday and look outdated.

16. Cooltweens January 8, 2013 at 03:02 #

She actually wore 3 different outfits to the Beijing press conference for “The Grandmaster”. http://lady.southcn.com/6/images/attachement/jpg/site4/20130108/90fba609e4271255c88c05.jpg

17. Alina January 8, 2013 at 06:19 #

The Valentino one.

18. Noemi (WBiS) January 8, 2013 at 08:58 #

I love both, even if I don’t like the shoes of the second outfit, too heavy. The first one is a bit more interesting, for me. I’ve always thought her to be tall, why does she keep on wearing these shoes? But I don’t mind, she ‘s so beautiful and classy.

19. Amy January 8, 2013 at 11:03 #

nice dresses but she needs to change the shoes, they’re awful and underwhelming

20. EmmaWoodhouse January 8, 2013 at 14:47 #

Not a fan of the first outfit, while I appreciate her fashion-forward edge this is just weird. The second one in lovely green lace wins me over. Shoe choice could improve with both.

21. gabis January 8, 2013 at 14:51 #

I may be the only one here but I’m not crazy about any of these looks. I dislike her hair and her shoes are heavy and hideous on both occasions. As for the outfit, I prefer the Valentino one, however not entirely because it looks like she had it changed and I much prefer the look book version. Not loving the accessories either specially the watch.

22. kane January 8, 2013 at 14:52 #

Love both of them, albeit in the catwalk and lookbook versions. The hat is genius.

23. Cooltweens January 8, 2013 at 17:47 #

Ziyi is about 5’4″, the same as stars like Drew Barrymore and Renee Zellweger, and taller than Reese Witherspoon (5’1). As to those high heels, I’m sure she does not need any help from the “School of Victoria Beckham”. After all, this is the actress who danced in 12-in platform shoes in “Memoirs of a Geisha”. I love the Chakras dress on the model.

24. Sophie January 8, 2013 at 19:09 #

Perfect for the premiere of Wong Kar Wai’s epic martial-arts drama.
    Ziyi is actually 5’5 .

25. MEME January 9, 2013 at 00:07 #

I have never liked those Giuseppe’s, say what you want about Daffodile but they look tasteful compared to those Giuseppe’s… I like both looks though…