Who Wore Zuhair Murad Couture Better…Padma Lakshmi or Alessandra Ambrosio?

Who Wore Zuhair Murad Couture Better Padma Lakshmi or Alessandra Ambrosio

Back in September, Padma Lakshmi attended the 2012 Creative Arts Emmy Awards wearing a Zuhair Murad Spring 2012 Couture gown.

The sheer strapless figure-hugging gown with floral embroidery and a corseted back was simply styled with a side-swept ponytail.

A month later, Alessandra Ambrosio wore the same sexy frock with straps to the amfAR Inspiration Gala held in California, with a sugary half-up, half-down hairstyle.

This was an easy win for Padma. Her sexy curves make this gown much more appealing.

Zuhair Murad Couture spring summer 2012 collection 21

Credit: Getty & FameFlynet

Mariah Carey's Roberto Cavalli Long-Sleeve Maxi Dress

Mariah Carey’s Roberto Cavalli Long-Sleeve Maxi Dress

Helen Mirren In Escada - Hollywood Walk of Fame Unveiling

Helen Mirren In Escada – Hollywood Walk of Fame Unveiling

14 Responses to Who Wore Zuhair Murad Couture Better…Padma Lakshmi or Alessandra Ambrosio?

1. Olga January 4, 2013 at 11:52 #

Wow, guys, I can’t believe the majority of you thought this gown looked better on Alessandra!
    Padma was the clear winner for me. I loved the strapless version of the dress. And, of course, I think it’s her curves that make this dress work.

2. pixie January 4, 2013 at 14:41 #

it’s the model! oh god, it’s an horrible idea to wear that dress as strapless! the original version rocks. sorry ladies!

3. robert January 4, 2013 at 17:33 #

Neither! It looks amazing on the model, who has a gorgeous hourglass figure.

4. Adriana January 4, 2013 at 18:09 #

The Model :)

5. Yeliz January 4, 2013 at 18:11 #

Padma Lakshmi, but I prefer this gown with the straps.

6. Nat39 January 4, 2013 at 19:13 #

It’s an easy win for Padma, indeed, much prefer the gown on her curvier figure and her more understated styling.

7. Rebecca Z January 4, 2013 at 21:18 #

Ever since the new year I have had trouble loading some of the pix on your site–including these. Not sure it if it you or me–as I have relocated for two months and have a different internet connection. Have others expressed concerns?

• Fashion Critic January 4, 2013 at 21:34 #

WordPress has undergone some changes. It was updated in the new year. I will speak to my IT person about this

8. EmmaWoodhouse January 4, 2013 at 21:27 #

Don’t like the gown, but Alessandra wins for a better hairstyle.

9. LabellaLuxe Boutique January 4, 2013 at 23:18 #

Both look fabulous in the gown but Padma filled out the dress a lot better.

10. Rita January 5, 2013 at 00:00 #

Padma! She has better curves plus I can’t stand Alessandra’s hair nor the earrings!

11. pipsqueak January 5, 2013 at 03:17 #

Neither looks too good. Padma’s boots are distracting while Alessandra could use a bit curves in the waist area. I voted for Padma, b/c Alessandra’s hair is super tacky. Her face simply exudes WAGGiness. Her husband isn’t a soccer player, but close enough.

12. Bella October 25, 2013 at 03:16 #

THE MODEL DID!
    Ambrossio has no boobs or butt to looks decent in this dress. I mean, a beautiful dress looks so-so thanks to Ambrossio’s figure. bleh
    On the other hand, the curvy Padma Lashmi had the “brilliant” idea of removing the straps, and unintentionally “skanking down” the dress.
    So unfair towards the dress!! I actually feel sorry for that beautiful creation