04.01.13

Jennifer Lopez for Harper’s Bazaar US February 2013

Jennifer Lopez Harpers

Jennifer Lopez appears on two covers for the Harper’s Bazaar US February 2013 issue.

On the main cover the golden girl smoulders wearing a chainmail Paco Rabanne dress, while on the subscribers’ cover she strikes a fierce pose in a silver embellished Fendi dress (first worn by Anna Dello Russo) and Tom Ford bondage over-the-knee boots (first worn by Anne Hathaway).

Shot by Katjia Rawles, the singer also stuns in the same gold fringe Versace dress we’ve seen on Celine Dion, a white version of the Tom Ford dress we have already seen on Naomi Watts, and a yellow Balmain frock.

The busy mom of 4-year-old twins Max and Emme Anthony, who recent wrapped her ‘Dance Again’ world tour, will be back on the big screen in her latest movie, ‘Parker’, which will see her back on the red carpet again.

JLo speaks candidly about her lifestyle, her multifaceted career, and she also talks about her iconic Versace Grammy gown.

Here are some extracts from her interview.

On her career: “I’m a singer. I’m a dancer. I’m a performer. I’m an actress. That’s what I’m supposed to be doing. It makes me a better parent, a better person.”

On her beautiful life: “I like the whole idea of traveling, of looking good, and doing it well. I make it as simple and as beautiful as I can because my life is kind of big. So I pack my luggage, or dress myself, or comb my kids’ hair, pick up their clothes – that makes our life beautiful, you know? There’s something very elegant in that.”

On her famous Versace Grammy Awards gown: “I have that at home. The other day, my housekeeper put it on a mannequin in my spa, where I get my hair and makeup done. She sent me a picture. She was like, ‘You like this dress?’ Um, yeah, but I don’t know if I like it out in the house.”

Credit: Katjia Rawles for Harper’s Bazaar

Nina Dobrev For Cosmopolitan US September 2013

Nina Dobrev For Cosmopolitan US September 2013

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad - 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

10 Responses to Jennifer Lopez for Harper’s Bazaar US February 2013

1. Prudence January 4, 2013 at 16:45 #

Hey FC, the yellow dress she wears in the editorial is Balmain, not Pucci.

2. currygirl January 4, 2013 at 17:02 #

She looks great, although a little bit like a Twilight vampire on the cover. Also, her interviews always confuse me. She vacillates from sounding down-to-earth to sounding like a diva. I can never get a good sense of who she truly is when I read about her.

• Push101 January 7, 2013 at 05:31 #

Well it all really depends on what the magazine wanted to sell, and that is diva JLO, a lot of it is usually just stuff they write up lol

3. evelyn January 4, 2013 at 21:14 #

stunning!!!

4. GeorgeQiao January 5, 2013 at 00:09 #

My eyes are burning. Those stupid, funny, hideous, ridiculous, Tom Ford boots again. First it’s Anne, now it’s JLo, oh please, let me live in a world without those boots.

5. Christine January 5, 2013 at 02:55 #

She is so stunning.

6. pipsqueak January 5, 2013 at 02:59 #

I don’t think much of JLo, but I must admit she looks so much better in those Tom Ford boots – she does them justice – than Anne Hathaway did. Anne’s a versatile thespian, but style-wise, rather one-note and unexciting. There’s no drama or je ne sais quoi. Overall, though, JLo’s style isn’t my cup of tea.

7. Cass January 5, 2013 at 10:05 #

She looks rather unnatural. She looks blah, despite the diva-gowns.

8. EmmaWoodhouse January 5, 2013 at 16:55 #

Hate those boots…and really I’m afraid that none of this works for me. It’s all too flashy. I’d like to see her try something different.

9. Joanna Renae May 29, 2013 at 02:31 #

I love all of J Lo’s outfits. I once read that she doesn’t go
    out of the house in less than $5,000 of clothing. She always has incredible style.