03.01.13

Scarlett Johansson For Elle UK February 2013

Scarlett Johansson Elle UK

Scarlett Johansson graces the cover of Elle UK’s February 2013 issue wearing a Victoria Beckham Spring 2013 white dress with the leather Manolo Blahnik for Victoria Beckham peep-toe booties which also took to the runway back in September.

Rankin captured the Avengers star wearing a variety of other Spring 2013 designs from Jonathan Saunders, Tom Ford and Burberry Prorsum.

In her interview, ScarJo talks about her bombshell status, marriage and her perfect New York night.

You can read the full interview in Elle UK which is out now, and you can read some of the extracts below.

On her former marriage to Ryan Reynolds: “I got married when I was young and it was incredibly romantic and I liked being married, actually. But it is different. It’s hard to put into words. To me, being in a functioning relationship doesn’t mean you have to be married… I never think about marriage. Is that weird? The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, ‘Would I get married again?’”

On having kids one day: “It’s really not important to me. It has no relevance to me right now. I’m not having kids anytime soon, I’m in a nice relationship, I’m working a lot, and, like I said, it’s not important to me.”

On her status as a sex symbol: “I think any woman who is curvy and wears a gown to an event is, like, super sexualized. I mean, at the time I was 18, 19. I was young. I’ve always been curvy. It runs in the family. Throw on an evening frock and it’s like all of a sudden you have boobs and everyone is like: ‘bombshell!’ Instantly it was: ‘The new Marilyn [Monroe].’”

Credit: Rankin for Elle UK

Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior - Grazia's 100th Issue Celebration

Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior – Grazia’s 100th Issue Celebration

Song Jia In Stella McCartney - Grazia's 100th Issue Celebration

Song Jia In Stella McCartney – Grazia’s 100th Issue Celebration

13 Responses to Scarlett Johansson For Elle UK February 2013

1. dee January 3, 2013 at 13:41 #

I don’t like some things about this cover. The messy hair, her awkward pose and the dreadful shoes. The dress is just OK. Her smile is great though.

2. Christine January 3, 2013 at 14:57 #

She looks great on the cover. love that dress!

3. Stella January 3, 2013 at 14:59 #

the shoes are totally wrong, considering her high and the lenght of the dress.
    Anyway I like the styling!

4. ashley January 3, 2013 at 15:26 #

That cover is weird. her head looks like it’s as big as her lower torso, and it also looks like she doesn’t have a neck.

5. zineb January 3, 2013 at 15:45 #

Laughed so hard! People still think she’s a bombshell :D That was such a looong time ago !!

6. justme January 3, 2013 at 17:04 #

With better shoes, I could have liked this cover.

Sidenote: I will never understand why Scarlett got married tbh (especially to the dullfest that is Ryan Reynolds but let me stop lol). In the past, she has always been about living carpe diem style and not committing for the long run. And when you read this interview, her state of mind hasn’t changed.

7. Rebecca Z January 3, 2013 at 18:00 #

I think she looks spectacular on this cover. For once the shoes actually work for me. She is so talented and achieved fame so young. She gets a pass from me on a little silliness.

8. Regina January 3, 2013 at 21:18 #

Oh, so… wait… she never meant to be a sex symbol? Right!

9. Lol January 3, 2013 at 22:37 #

I love everything about this cover. VB’s designs are perfect for Scarlet, and I would normally dislike the shoes but I think they add an “editorial” vibe to the overall look. Out of a magazine they would not work.

10. amparo January 3, 2013 at 22:51 #

I could swear that that the photo is photoshoped, she is curvier than that. Love the look!

11. Cooltweens January 4, 2013 at 02:39 #

The shoes are wrong for her. They make her feet look more pigeon-toed than usual.

12. pipsqueak January 4, 2013 at 03:40 #

I love this look! It looks like a page in an indie fashion magazine rather than the cover of a mainstream shopping magazine. Her image is still sexy enough to sell magazine yet there’s an artsy, cool spirit. Very ScarJo. She’s too cool for Ryan.

13. EmmaWoodhouse January 4, 2013 at 20:45 #

I hate the shoes and the messy hair..I do like the dress (hoping those panels aren’t super sheer) and her pose is cutely awkward (I think she’s pulling it off).
    The interview didn’t do much to win me over.