24.12.12 Best Of

Most Worn Designer 2012 – Stella McCartney

While you may not agree with this award, I’m sure many of you are not surprised that Stella McCartney is the Most Worn Designer Label of 2012.

What’s her appeal?

Could it be her Savile Row-trained tailoring skills, the fact she’s a girl’s girl, or her undisputed fashion cred which sees every celeb want to be part of Stella’s cool gang?

One thing is for sure, she has many devotees including Liv Tyler, Naomi Watts, Gwyneth Paltrow and Rihanna, who are usually the first to be seen wearing her Spring, Fall, Pre-Fall and Resort collections, before being taken up by celebrities all around the world from Tokyo to Madrid and Australia.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Kendall Jenner's Balenciaga 'The Ceinture' Cut-Out Ankle Boots

Kendall Jenner’s Balenciaga ‘The Ceinture’ Cut-Out Ankle Boots

Most Worn Dress 2012 - Stella McCartney's 'Saskia' Dress

Most Worn Dress 2012 – Stella McCartney’s ‘Saskia’ Dress

12 Responses to Most Worn Designer 2012 – Stella McCartney

1. noo December 24, 2012 at 16:47 #

I’m surprised because I’ve been keeping count :D What I have is Stella in third after Dolce and Gabanna and Gucci

2. Christine December 24, 2012 at 16:51 #

Nope not surprised at all. She’s a popular designer with many clients.

Not a fan of her work mostly but I am positive we will see plenty more of her designs in 2013.

3. Yeliz December 24, 2012 at 16:52 #

I suspected that she’ll be the most worn designer. Whilst I’m not the biggest Stella McCartney fan, there were a couple of great looks this year. Cameron Diaz’s look is the best I guess.

4. moonbeam December 24, 2012 at 16:52 #

I’m not really sure what her appeal is. I don’t think she’d be successful if it weren’t for her last name. A lot of her pieces look like ill-fitting design student work.

5. AW December 24, 2012 at 16:53 #

Stella is tricky for me. Either I totally love her clothes or totally hate them.

I never understood the appeal of the dress that LeAnn is wearing or why everyone wore so many different interpretations of it. But on the other hand, Charlize looks phenomenal.

6. Nat December 24, 2012 at 17:12 #

I’m gonna file this under “things I do NOT understand”, together with ombre hair, sheer dresses worn over granny/Bridget Jones pants and chunky pumps with 10cm platforms.
    :-D

By the way, FC, thanks for the great coverage all the year round, it’s always fun to come here taking a break from work or whatever I’m doing. This site is lovely.
    Merry Christmas and happy new year.

• Fashion Critic December 24, 2012 at 17:19 #

• Dhppy December 24, 2012 at 20:43 #

Nat, we can never learn from each other because we don’t understand the same things.

7. Alina December 24, 2012 at 17:17 #

Baffled.

8. Amy December 24, 2012 at 18:56 #

I think the reason why Stella is worn so much is that her clothes can be worn both for big and low key events.
    Plus she has clothes for everyone’s taste, those who prefer daring shapes (mesh,prints, cutouts) and those who like classic clothes. Other houses usually tend to suit one type of person.
    I’m not a big fan of her anyway

9. Karen December 24, 2012 at 20:00 #

I agree. Even I bought two of her dresses this fall. Her fall 2012 was her best collection.

10. EmmaWoodhouse December 25, 2012 at 15:02 #

That sunny yellow dress was beautiful but most of the time I don’t like her designs at all. She is very overrated by celebs in my opinion.