Breakout Star 2012 – Nina Dobrev

Nina Dobrev is hot on the heels of that other vampire starlet, Kristen Stewart; Nina’s really come into her own this past year.

She has the hunky boyfriend (Ian Somerhalder), the sexy star quality (‘The Vampire Diaries’ series is a smash hit), and continuing buzz about her next film or TV move, all of which keep this breakout star at the top of gossip columns.

But it’s her smart fashion sensibility that is the most exciting. Nina is learning the ropes of the red carpet, turning heads whether she’s in a sophisticated Elie Saab, a spicy Reem Acra or a sexy Zuhair Murad.

However, her game-changing look that had everyone cheering was her Donna Karan Atelier gown, backless and with a wow-factor train, at the 2012 Met Gala.

Credit: Getty

20 thoughts on “Breakout Star 2012 – Nina Dobrev

1. Yeliz

Surprisingly, I voted for Andrew Garfield. But Nina deserves it. I loved all three pictured looks, especially the Donna Karan.

2. Jess2

Love her style so much!! All three of those looks were on my BDOTY contenders list. Perfection and flawless every time, I can’t wait to see more of her :)

3. Amy

I didn’t vote for her. Most of her looks were good but far from memorable for me except for the Met Ball (she was on fire). Anyway she has a nice style

4. Nat39

Her Monique Lhuillier was so adorable, I was completely charmed. I found her Met gala Donna Karan a bit too mature for her.

5. nina

Shes has a great style ( with help of stylist) but for me you need balance acting and fashion and for her its just fashion…

6. EmmaWoodhouse

Sometimes a bit too revealing for my taste but there is a lot of beautiful style here. Loved that Monique Lhuillier!

7. Sanette

She definitely deserves the title. I still can’t forget her breathtaking red Donna Karan dress from last year.

8. Taksi

She’s a pretty girl and had better styling this year but most things still look like they belong in a prom catalog on her.