19.12.12

Kylie Minogue For Elle UK January 2013

Kylie Minogue graces the cover of Elle UK’s January 2013 issue sporting a platinum blonde ‘do (don’t worry, it’s just a wig) and wearing a Christopher Kane dove-grey cocktail dress featuring a triple-bow yoke with bolt accents with Jil Sander colour-block sandals.

On the subscribers’ cover, entitled ‘Kylie & Elle: A 25-year love affair’, we see Kylie looking stunning in a captivating black-and-white close-up shot.

Shot by Cuneyt Akeroglu, the singer/actress opens up about her battle with breast cancer and her thoughts on plastic surgery.

The rest of her editorial sees her wearing more London-based designers, such as Simone Rocha, Antonio Berardi and Mary Katrantzou.

Elle UK’s January 2013 issue is out now. Here are some extracts from her interview.

On feeling her age: “I’m not going to lie about this. There are lots of times I look in the mirror and I see that gravity has taken hold. Or I suddenly see my face on a phone or on Skype and it’s like a Spielberg special effect and you just scream, ‘Who is that?'”

On considering plastic surgery: “I haven’t gone down that route yet and I don’t know whether I will but I’m not against it. We put make-up on every day, we tint, pluck, wax, we do anything to make ourselves look as good as we can and I think it’s pointless being hypocritical about something that if it’s done well can be really good.”

On relating to women through her battle with breast cancer: “Women come up to me in the street and just start talking to me about what they are going through… I stand there in the street and I just hug them. I hug them because we both know what they are feeling. I feel close to every one of them and I think they do to me, it’s not about anything else but what we’ve all been through.”

Credit: Cuneyt Akeroglu for Elle UK

Fan Bingbing In Giorgio Armani - Bazaar Men's Style Awards

Fan Bingbing In Giorgio Armani – Bazaar Men’s Style Awards

Stella McCartney's Stella McCartney Croc-Effect Ankle Boots

Stella McCartney’s Stella McCartney Croc-Effect Ankle Boots

9 Responses to Kylie Minogue For Elle UK January 2013

1. Christine December 19, 2012 at 14:17 #

She looks nice on the cover.

2. Ally December 19, 2012 at 15:03 #

I genuinely did not recognise her on either of those pictures!

3. EmmaWoodhouse December 19, 2012 at 15:13 #

I thought she was Gwen Stefani for a minute. The black and white cover is pretty. The other one–awkward pose and too-short dress although I do like the sandals.
    I can’t agree about plastic surgery being a good route. Women should embrace their natural beauty. :)

• Beta December 19, 2012 at 16:08 #

me too!! totally thought it was Gwen. She is pretty unrecognizable here
      + agree on the non-plastic surgery. Its hard I guess in the entertainment industry but I really appreciate actresses and musicians with wrinkles. The feel more relatable and more expressive.
      I do like that she’s honest, its lame when some actresses/actors deny having used when its so obvious

4. robbie December 19, 2012 at 15:19 #

that wig she is wearing is HIDEOUS! the whole editorial is pretty blah, although it nice to see her be photographed by someone other than her useless gay husband/stylist/director/photographer/william baker.

i laughed so hard at her plastic surgery answer.

• rita December 19, 2012 at 20:27 #

“i laughed so hard at her plastic surgery answer”. Ditto! If she was a bit honest with herself, she would aknowledge she’s had plastic surgery already! She is full of it :-D

5. Kathy December 19, 2012 at 18:55 #

Lovely covers, but where is her left foot? It looks like it disappears into her dress…

6. Regina December 19, 2012 at 19:18 #

Photoshop Disaster Alert!!

7. tiffany December 19, 2012 at 20:07 #

I love Kylie. I do not love this terrible photoshop, over-produced job of her on the cover.