19.12.12

Kylie Minogue For Elle UK January 2013

Kylie Minogue graces the cover of Elle UK’s January 2013 issue sporting a platinum blonde ‘do (don’t worry, it’s just a wig) and wearing a Christopher Kane dove-grey cocktail dress featuring a triple-bow yoke with bolt accents with Jil Sander colour-block sandals.

On the subscribers’ cover, entitled ‘Kylie & Elle: A 25-year love affair’, we see Kylie looking stunning in a captivating black-and-white close-up shot.

Shot by Cuneyt Akeroglu, the singer/actress opens up about her battle with breast cancer and her thoughts on plastic surgery.

The rest of her editorial sees her wearing more London-based designers, such as Simone Rocha, Antonio Berardi and Mary Katrantzou.

Elle UK’s January 2013 issue is out now. Here are some extracts from her interview.

On feeling her age: “I’m not going to lie about this. There are lots of times I look in the mirror and I see that gravity has taken hold. Or I suddenly see my face on a phone or on Skype and it’s like a Spielberg special effect and you just scream, ‘Who is that?’”

On considering plastic surgery: “I haven’t gone down that route yet and I don’t know whether I will but I’m not against it. We put make-up on every day, we tint, pluck, wax, we do anything to make ourselves look as good as we can and I think it’s pointless being hypocritical about something that if it’s done well can be really good.”

On relating to women through her battle with breast cancer: “Women come up to me in the street and just start talking to me about what they are going through… I stand there in the street and I just hug them. I hug them because we both know what they are feeling. I feel close to every one of them and I think they do to me, it’s not about anything else but what we’ve all been through.”

Credit: Cuneyt Akeroglu for Elle UK

Olivia Wilde for Fashion Magazine September 2013

Olivia Wilde for Fashion Magazine September 2013

Anne Hathaway For Glamour US January 2013

Anne Hathaway For Glamour US January 2013

9 Responses to Kylie Minogue For Elle UK January 2013

1. Christine December 19, 2012 at 14:17 #

She looks nice on the cover.

2. Ally December 19, 2012 at 15:03 #

I genuinely did not recognise her on either of those pictures!

3. EmmaWoodhouse December 19, 2012 at 15:13 #

I thought she was Gwen Stefani for a minute. The black and white cover is pretty. The other one–awkward pose and too-short dress although I do like the sandals.
    I can’t agree about plastic surgery being a good route. Women should embrace their natural beauty. :)

• Beta December 19, 2012 at 16:08 #

me too!! totally thought it was Gwen. She is pretty unrecognizable here
      + agree on the non-plastic surgery. Its hard I guess in the entertainment industry but I really appreciate actresses and musicians with wrinkles. The feel more relatable and more expressive.
      I do like that she’s honest, its lame when some actresses/actors deny having used when its so obvious

4. robbie December 19, 2012 at 15:19 #

that wig she is wearing is HIDEOUS! the whole editorial is pretty blah, although it nice to see her be photographed by someone other than her useless gay husband/stylist/director/photographer/william baker.

i laughed so hard at her plastic surgery answer.

• rita December 19, 2012 at 20:27 #

“i laughed so hard at her plastic surgery answer”. Ditto! If she was a bit honest with herself, she would aknowledge she’s had plastic surgery already! She is full of it :-D

5. Kathy December 19, 2012 at 18:55 #

Lovely covers, but where is her left foot? It looks like it disappears into her dress…

6. Regina December 19, 2012 at 19:18 #

Photoshop Disaster Alert!!

7. tiffany December 19, 2012 at 20:07 #

I love Kylie. I do not love this terrible photoshop, over-produced job of her on the cover.