17.12.12

Freida Pinto In Sam & Lavi – 2012 Dubai Film Festival

Freida Pinto attended a portrait session on day six of the 9th Annual Dubai Film Festival on Friday.

Serving as a member of the jury, the Indian actress chose to wear a Sam & Lavi Marrakesh-printed ‘Gladis’ dress.

Her choice to pair the loose-fitting maxi with long Lindsay Vallan necklaces and bright-orange Roger Vivier Sport Chic sandals elevated the casual dress into a classy ensemble.

I just wish she wouldn’t have hidden the waist-cinching detail of the dress with a clunky belt that, while probably chosen to help give the outfit some shape, only seemed to make it look that much baggier.

You can buy Freida’s Sam & Lavi’s dress from farfetch.com US and farfetch.com.

Credit: Getty

Kate Hudson In Osman & RVN - Out In New York City

Kate Hudson In Osman & RVN – Out In New York City

Freida Pinto In Vintage Valentino - Dubai Cares and Oxfam ‘One Night Lives’ Charity Gala

Freida Pinto In Vintage Valentino – Dubai Cares and Oxfam ‘One Night Lives’ Charity Gala

12 Responses to Freida Pinto In Sam & Lavi – 2012 Dubai Film Festival

1. Jess2 December 17, 2012 at 10:46 #

I agree that the belt isn’t working very well here. I don’t think she would have needed one because of the detail but a thinner belt would have been ok too. Really loving this look though!

2. nishta December 17, 2012 at 11:10 #

LOVE the shoes but I really don’t like the dress. I think it looks awkward and the colour doesn’t suit her.

3. Rashmi December 17, 2012 at 11:39 #

Agree about the belt. Apart from that, I guess she is looking very beautiful and love the addition of that orange sandals, elevates the look.

4. Michele December 17, 2012 at 11:49 #

I just want to point out how absolutely stunning Freida looks waist-up. Forget the dress and the belt mishap for a second; her face and makeup are so fresh and youthful.

5. Yeliz December 17, 2012 at 13:40 #

I agree about the belt and whilst I love the sandals, I don’t think that they really go with the dress.

6. lu December 17, 2012 at 14:13 #

Agree about the belt, but I like everything else, those shoes are amaizing and they really brighten up the look.

7. pita December 17, 2012 at 15:00 #

does anyone notice the lady in black traditional attire has a slit open with colourful fabric underneath. fashionable much much?

8. EmmaWoodhouse December 17, 2012 at 15:31 #

I like the print of the dress but am thrown off by the waist. The shoes are ugly and don’t go with the dress. Her hair looks pretty.

9. Christine December 17, 2012 at 15:43 #

Them shoes are amazing!! I want them for Christmas :)

10. Alina December 17, 2012 at 16:37 #

She looks so fresh and beautiful!

11. CreoleLady December 17, 2012 at 19:27 #

Love this relaxed yet chic look. Solange-worthy, lol.

12. Nat39 December 17, 2012 at 19:58 #

The shoes are a fantastic choice, don’t really mind the belt, she needed it to define her waist more, plus it’s rather neutral and non-standout,it complements the colours of the dress and is in tune with the other 2 horizontal stripes on the dress of almost the same width.