Carina Lau In Christian Dior – 55th Asia-Pacific Film Festival

Carina Lau attended the 55th Asia-Pacific Film Festival at the Venetian Macao Resort Hotel in Macau on Saturday night.

The actress wore a black Christian Dior Fall 2012 gown for the star-studded event that featured a sheer plunging neckline and enriched detailing at the wrists.

To pump up the simple and classic ensemble, Carina wore Charlotte Olympia ‘Dolly’ pumps.

The fun shoes and the risqué neckline of the dress give her overall look a youthful quality, which serves to create a perfect dichotomy with the elegance she naturally exudes.

This dress has also been worn by Dianna Agron.

Credit: Style.com & Tungstar

Maria Sharapova In Zimmerman and Tanya Taylor – Sugarpova Candy Launch

Maria Sharapova In Zimmerman and Tanya Taylor – Sugarpova Candy Launch

Brandy In Esteban Cortazar - VH1 Divas 2012

Brandy In Esteban Cortazar – VH1 Divas 2012

10 Responses to Carina Lau In Christian Dior – 55th Asia-Pacific Film Festival

1. Emma December 17, 2012 at 13:02 #

Dianna Agron has actually worn this before and I thought it looked incredibly matronly, unflattering and matronly on her. However on Carina this is a very graceful and age appropriate look. She looks wonderful.

• Fashion Critic December 17, 2012 at 13:21 #

I totally missed that look. Thank you x

• Emma December 19, 2012 at 17:04 #

Whoops, I didn’t mean to say matronly twice! anyways, you’re welcome :)

2. Yeliz December 17, 2012 at 14:12 #

Dianna couldn’t pull it off and the sheer neckline looks not so good on Carina. The gown looks the best on the model.

3. Christine December 17, 2012 at 15:35 #

Carina wore it best.

4. EmmaWoodhouse December 17, 2012 at 15:39 #

Hate the plunging neckline, and the rest is matronly and dull. I know that Carina can do better than this.

5. Alina December 17, 2012 at 16:24 #

I think she looks great.

6. Nat39 December 17, 2012 at 19:11 #

Dark, elegant, mysterious on the model, but drab dreary and plain matronly on Carina – she lacks stature, natural elegance and sex appeal to carry off this gown.

• pipsqueak December 18, 2012 at 00:01 #

She looked so boring. I don’t know why she always opts for a maid’s hairdo that ages her. She’s very much just a TV star in Hong Kong, even though she’s been in movies. She’s like a Kristin Davis – been in hit TV shows, but not quite the leading lady; been in movies, but supporting roles at best; visible on the red carpet, but lacking that oomph to be a superstar.

7. Noemi (WBiS) December 18, 2012 at 09:38 #

Gorgeous on the model, but I don’t like it on her, I don’t even like the red nai polish, for some reason. A dark one would have been better. I prefer it on Dianna Agron, anyway. I think this would be great for Angelina or Eva Green.