36 thoughts on “Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. EmmaWoodhouse

Wow, what a week! I seriously could not decide between Cate Blanchett in Rodarte (for doing what no one else could), in Pilotto (for being incredibly fabulous), and Naomi in Zac Posen (because it’s stunning). So here’s a little secret…I may or may not have voted for all three. Haha I know it’s cheating but I COULDN’T decide! My other favorites included Frieda, Amanda, and Kate Aselton.
    As for the men, Eddie Redmayne (amazing in McQueen!) and Richard Armitage (classic!. I also loved Hugh, Ewan, John, and the Beckhams.
    WOW. Such a great week. Thank you FC for all the coverage, and have a great weekend. I am seriously addicted to this site–it got me through my finals :)
    As for the men

2. gabis

This week’s poll really surprised me. No asian beauties or Rosamund Pike but Anne Hathaway and her
    controversial Tom Ford mess…
    Either way my vote went to Cate Blanchett in Peter Pilotto. Runner-up is Amanda Seyfried and Katie Aselton comes in third.
    As for the men’s poll, I really really wanted to vote for Ewan Mcgregor but I can’t pass the weird shiny shoes so my vote went to Eddie Redmayne.

3. Rafael

I hope someday you post Street Style Menswear Edition! Just as Miranda Kerr, there’s a lot of fellas with great sense of fashion. Thanks for all this posts FC, hugs from Mexico.

4. Dhppy

I was so torn between Blanchett in Peter Pilotto and Watts in Zac Posen. The others didn’t even register to me. In the end, I went with Blanchett.

5. Milou

I’m sorry but Anne Hathaway in that vulgar Tom Ford erhm ‘thing’?
    Anyway my vote goes- this time for real- to Amanda Seyfried.

1. Cooltweens

Anne Hathaway’s outfit is a complete mess, and she made an even bigger mess by skipping underwear. Photos of what’s underneath that dress is all over the internet now. I voted for her costar, Amanda Seyfried.

6. Joan

Even though this was a very well dressed week, I am a bit disappointed Rosamund Pike in Alexander McQueen didnt make it to the poll. My vote would definitely have gone to her

7. Nat39

Katie Aselton’s beautiful indigo gown stands out the most in this poll but Florence Welch’s gorgeous rich purple custom Gucci creation is still fresh in my memory. My vote goes to Cate Blanchett in Peter Pilotto. Naomi Watts and SJP follow.

Great week for men. Eddie will be a very deserving winner. The only 3 that don’t do it for me in this poll are 1st two (Eddie in TB and Pharrel) and Ewan Mc Gregor. I’m charmed by the “mini-me” in the coat.

Anne Hathaway sticks out like a sore thumb. I could give this look a pass only as performance outfit.

8. Yeliz

Naomi Watts in Zac Posen. My runners-up are Katie Aselton and Yao Chen.
    Eddie Redmayne in Alexander McQueen is my best dressed man. My runners-up are The Beckhams.

Have a wonderful weekend, FC!

9. Mel

I voted Cate Blanchet in Rodarte with Amanda in McQueen as my second choice, it was a hard decision! Anne Hathaway?!?!? Really? In that ridiculous style? For me she looked like a Mad Max extra and her wardrobe malfunction didn’t make it better.

10. Marybeth

It’s VERY tough for me to choose between the two Cate Blanchett looks, but I finally settled on the Rodarte. Cate in P Pilotto is of course my runner-up.
    Special applause to Yao Chen for nailing a difficult look with such grace — and to SJParker for resisting the temptation to over-style a delightful dress.

The men? I see that Eddie Redmayne is leading the poll (thus far) by a mile. Really, I cannot argue with that! He gets my vote too. I’d pick Richard Armitage for second place — classic, with a perfect fit.

11. Anne

What an awesome week in fashion. That entire second row would be a winner in any other week. So glad Ms Mann made it on the list, but this week my vote goes to Cate in Pilotto.
    And I for one am so glad you placed Hathaway on this list, FC. It’s fashion at its best: forward, avant garde, polarizing and unique. Love it or hate it, one has a strong reaction. It’s what makes fashion so fun!

12. Molly

I had a hard time choosing between Amanda and Naomi, but I ultimately had to go with Naomi. That gown is perfection on her, it could easily have been ruined with a bad fit or a misplaced seam but she hit the nail on the head with this one.
    I also had a hard time with Eddie and Eddie but I chose the McQueen. I love that men are starting to get more creative with their suits and tuxes, it gives us something more to talk about!

13. pipsqueak

Women — Cate B. in Rodarte. She miraculously pulled off this strange dress. She also proved that a mother of 3 can wear Rodarte too, not just the girlie Dunst or Portman. She made the label less pretentious.

Men — Eddie R. in McQueen. The color combo and Eddie’s natural coolness made that look peerless.

14. robbie

the womenwear was easy naomi in that gorgeous zac posen, but the menswear was really difficult but eddie in alexander mcqueen won it for me.

15. Rebecca Z

Eddie Redmayne appears to have quite a following. This is a bit of a mystery to me. Can someone help me understand the appeal?

1. EmmaWoodhouse

I think I can explain–I (and others) enjoy his ability to pick young, fresh, yet classical styles. Last week it was the velvet suit, which many found to be daring yet elegant, and this week, the combination of navy blue and rich red won us over. I understand the criticisms of his style (trying too hard, too posey) but I think that’s the appeal. I myself do find him very stylish, but I also love the classic and mature look of Richard Armitage and Hugh Jackman. :)
      Hope that helps! :)

1. Rebecca Z

Thanks–I understand what you are saying but he doesn’t do it for me, and I was amazed that everyone liked that velvet suit so much!

1. Nat39

Didn’t like his last week’s velvet suit look either, thought it was poorly coordinated, but he brought it, hands down, this time around.

16. ellie

I like how automatically longer train suddenly means best dressed; I don’t even understand how people can shun the best dressed women for simply one part of a dress

1. Cooltweens

I don’t understand it either. Likewise, I don’t understand how some people automatically dismiss a “look” just because the celeb is wearing peep-toe shoes.

17. Rita

Loved Sarah Jessica Parker, Cate Blanchett in Peter Pilotto and Amanda Seyfried BUT how fricking handsome does Eddie Redmayne look in that perfectly fitted McQueen suit? I mean seriously, he set the bar so high.

18. Linda

SJP and Eddie Redmayne in McQueen. That dude has some serious style. SJP blew me away with her sweet, understated, beautiful look.