14.12.12

Katie Holmes In Vivienne Westwood – ‘Champagne & Caroling’ Gala

Katie Holmes attended the ‘Champagne & Caroling’ Gala held at the Celsius at Bryant Park in New York City on Monday evening.

The actress was looking as dowdy as ever, wearing a Vivienne Westwood strapless gown.

Her purple corseted gown is beautiful, the fit is flattering, but as always Katie lets herself down with the styling.

Even those emerald-green Roger Vivier ‘Smoking’ sandals can’t liven up this look.

Credit: INFDaily & Getty

Kate Upton In Dolce & Gabbana - 'The Other Woman' LA Premiere

Kate Upton In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘The Other Woman’ LA Premiere

Kate Holmes In Narciso Rodriguez - Late Show with David Letteman

Kate Holmes In Narciso Rodriguez – Late Show with David Letteman

17 Responses to Katie Holmes In Vivienne Westwood – ‘Champagne & Caroling’ Gala

1. MJ December 14, 2012 at 15:26 #

I really like the shape and shade on Katie. shame about the hair and lack of accessories!

2. SilentVisitor December 14, 2012 at 15:39 #

Boring even though the color is great

• dee December 14, 2012 at 16:07 #

+1. The dress looks like it’s made from a cheap fabric.

• Alina December 14, 2012 at 16:58 #

• Christine December 14, 2012 at 23:55 #

3. EmmaWoodhouse December 14, 2012 at 16:36 #

The color is great and the shoes are a good choice. Maybe if she’d hiked it up, worn an emerald necklace, done something with her hair and added an ounce of confidence it would have looked good.

4. Yeliz December 14, 2012 at 16:37 #

Why does she always have to be so boring? It would have been a nice look, but I don’t like it at all as it is.

5. Marybeth December 14, 2012 at 17:01 #

She went through a period a few years ago when she looked great on the red carpet. What happened?

I wonder if she should go back to the shorter hair, the sleek bob. It gave her a more sophisticated and mature (in a good way) look. She seemed more confident then, as if she had fully made the transition from girl to woman and enjoyed it.

6. silkpathdiary December 14, 2012 at 18:21 #

I never thought one could massacre a divine VW dress and make it look dull as dishwater until now. Poor Katie! The colour is superb, the fit is perfect but the rest, I’ve no words. And she’s supposed to be ‘in’ fashion? No excuses. It’s plain embarrassing.

• Lyo December 14, 2012 at 20:18 #

Got the words from my mouth. My heart breaks seeing such pretty VW dress in this noozefest……

• aiyu December 17, 2012 at 05:31 #

I totally agree. How does someone make a VW dress looks to drab. What a waste of classic beautiful dress.

7. Linda December 14, 2012 at 19:48 #

The outfit isn’t great, but that genuinely happy smile is a wonder to behold.

• Tea December 16, 2012 at 08:10 #

+1 She looks so happy and natural in all of the photos of this event. I wouldn’t trade that for the way she looked uncomfortable/shy/scared when she was at her peak fashionwise. Not sayin’ the clothes were the cause because they almost certainly weren’t but it’s great to see her look so relaxed and happy now regardless of what I think of the outfit.

8. gabis December 14, 2012 at 20:09 #

The only thing I like about this look is the colour of the dress and the shoes. Everything else is bad and unflattering. The styling is non-existent, hair and makeup are awful and the dress hugs her body in a very awkward way.
    Wearing a fancy or famous designer does not automatically make you look good.

9. Lyvm December 15, 2012 at 05:23 #

This gown was so promising on her but there’s no point wearing an awesome gown if you dont put in the effort. Even looking effortless should require some amount of effort! I always say this about people who wear a smashing dress. The look doesnt complete itself.

10. Noemi (WBiS) December 15, 2012 at 09:18 #

I really don’t understand the lack of styling. Such a waste of a beautiful dress.

11. mielen December 18, 2012 at 19:48 #

She looks pretty, happy, fresh and natural.