Naomi Watts In Calvin Klein – ‘The Impossible’ New York Premiere

Naomi Watts attended the special screening of ‘The Impossible’ at the Museum of Art and Design in New York City yesterday evening.

Dressed by the host of the night, Calvin Klein, she donned a nude dress from their Spring 2013 collection, which as we know is the most-worn Spring 2013 collection by celebrities so far.

Her strapless cocktail dress, featuring a sweetheart neckline, contrast black trim, and a semi-sheer lower panel, hits her just below the knee.

There are a few things putting me off this look: the indented right cup, the creases on the skirt, the jewellery, which makes the look overly fussy, and the hair, which I wish was sleeker.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Blake Lively In Isabel Marant - 12-12-12 Concert

Blake Lively In Isabel Marant – 12-12-12 Concert

Chen Shu In Georges Hobeika Couture - Bulgari Grand Opening

Chen Shu In Georges Hobeika Couture – Bulgari Grand Opening

21 Responses to Naomi Watts In Calvin Klein – ‘The Impossible’ New York Premiere

1. robbie December 13, 2012 at 11:37 #

she went from looking absolutely beautiful in zac posen, to looking blah in this dress.

• EmmaWoodhouse December 13, 2012 at 13:15 #

+1 A real disappointment after her BDOTW-worthy look earlier, and also her BDOTW win last week. She’s better than this ugly, sack-like dress!

• Christine December 13, 2012 at 15:18 #

I agree. A big let down!

2. Charlotte December 13, 2012 at 11:41 #

I really don’t like this dress.
    As always with Calvin Klein, it’s boring and the cut is awful ! I don’t understand why celebrities keeps wearing his dress, they never look great in CK.

3. Molly December 13, 2012 at 12:07 #

The only thing I can find to like here is those sandals. Even Ewan McGregor doesn’t look up to his usual standard. How is this the New York premiere???

4. gabis December 13, 2012 at 12:22 #

Awful messy look. Nothing works and nothing is even remotely good… the dress, the length, the creases, the sandals, the earrings, the lack of the belt. And having a perfectly styled and hot Ewan Mcgregor by her side just make things even worse for her.

• admmgz December 13, 2012 at 15:44 #

I couldn’t agree more

5. Joy December 13, 2012 at 13:10 #

Oh my goodness, I don’t think I could dislike this look more. The dress is horrible on her. I can tolerate it on the model so it is not all the dresses fault, but the dress is pretty bad. Whatever happened to Calvin Klein anyway? Those looks from 20 years ago just don’t do it anymore. Hardly anyone can barely pull them off anymore. My eyes kept thinking that piping running down the sides was straps hanging. Not a good look. The shoes and that GOD AWFUL necklace only add to this horrible look. Make it go away!

6. Yeliz December 13, 2012 at 13:12 #

I don’t like her jewelry at all. The dress is nice on the model, but those black parts on the sides look kinda weird on Naomi.

7. Tilly December 13, 2012 at 13:28 #

Naomi, what were you thinking?! The dress and shoes make her like she’s in costume for her Diana film. And her jewellery, make-up and hair are just awful. She always looks so naturally and effortlessly beautiful in her everyday clothes and without any make-up.

8. dee December 13, 2012 at 13:30 #

Isn’t she cold? Anyway, the dress is just OK. I like her hair and makeup.

9. TeaAtTwo December 13, 2012 at 14:11 #

It’s lost what appeal it had on the runway. I miss the thin black belt, the creases are unslightly and the superfluous jewellery dating.

10. Jess2 December 13, 2012 at 14:29 #

I like this look from the ankles down. This is a shame considering how fabulous her looks have been recently.

11. Moxie December 13, 2012 at 15:39 #

The fit is awful. What was she thinking?

12. katie December 13, 2012 at 16:47 #

The dress is sitting on her properly, its a no!

13. Ericka December 13, 2012 at 19:15 #

I am missing the belt. but I am not sure that could save the dress. I don’t care for the dress primarily.

14. Rebecca Z December 13, 2012 at 20:00 #

OK..let’s start positive. Beautiful earrings. The dress is unimpressive, but also too big for her–she needs a smaller size. The skirt of the dress doesn’t make much sense to begin with, but loses any meaning when you ditch the belt. Very very disappointing. She is so inconsistent.

15. Natalie19 December 13, 2012 at 23:36 #

Ok, here comes Naomi’s look, that i’m not crazy about.

But! i’m way too far from really disliking it

I think she should have left the thin black belt. And, yeah, i agree that the creases are downgrading the look a lot

16. Evil Britta December 14, 2012 at 02:39 #

Dreadful. Perhaps the belt would have helped, but so many horizontal lines, with the choker and ankle straps. And the side piping looks like a loose thread hanging!? urgh.

17. LC December 14, 2012 at 05:42 #

Not so sure about this dress. It looks like a night-gown!

18. Lou December 14, 2012 at 18:28 #

The fit looks off and I’m missing the belt