Blake Lively In Isabel Marant – 12-12-12 Concert

Blake Lively made her second appearance on the red carpet as Mrs Reynolds last night at Madison Square Garden in New York City for the 12-12-12 Concert Benefiting The Robin Hood Relief Fund To Aid The Victims Of Hurricane Sandy.

Proving being married hasn’t changed her style, like it has done in the past with some actresses, the ‘Gossip Girl’ actress wore an Isabel Marant Spring 2013 mini dress.

Her studded stretch-leather dress features a high round neck, short sleeves, darting at the bust and an A-line silhouette.

It’s rare that Blake has ever stepped on a red carpet without wearing Louboutins and this occasion was no different. Her nude caged ankle boots wouldn’t have been my first choice, but they do surprisingly work well with the look.

My only disappointment is the Carrie Underwood hair. It feels a bit too twee for such a sexy, edgy dress, which I can picture on Kate Moss.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Naomi Watts In Calvin Klein - ‘The Impossible’ New York Premiere

Naomi Watts In Calvin Klein – ‘The Impossible’ New York Premiere

31 Responses to Blake Lively In Isabel Marant – 12-12-12 Concert

1. MEME December 13, 2012 at 11:22 #

Her nude caged booties are Louboutins, but this look is predictable to me.

2. Marina December 13, 2012 at 11:36 #

Even though the dress has a different colour and shape, this reminds me A LOT of her leather Gucci dress, at the 2011 Teen Choice Awards.

• EmmaWoodhouse December 13, 2012 at 13:14 #

Yup, I thought the same thing. It also reminds me of a lot of other dresses she’s worn…

3. Charlotte December 13, 2012 at 11:44 #

The dress is great on her. I don’t like the shoes, but, as you said, they work well with this look.
    And yes, something different with her hair would have been better.

• Yeliz December 13, 2012 at 13:08 #

ITA.

• Christine December 13, 2012 at 15:19 #

I agree. Not liking the hair or the shoes

4. mandy December 13, 2012 at 12:01 #

Okay. Credits are given when due. She looks fabulous. That bangle however is irrelevant.

5. adralina December 13, 2012 at 12:03 #

hey FC just wondering do u know is she is wearing stockings? if not, her legs look incredibly smooth and shiny … love your blog btw, thanks for all your hard work! xx

• Fashion Critic December 13, 2012 at 13:11 #

I think she is. That was my first thought too but I wasn’t sure.

6. Eimear December 13, 2012 at 12:28 #

Yeah Kate Moss would have given this an edge… worn it with slouched Marant black boots or soMEthing.
    Blake makes it look country and western with those tacky shoes and the hair and bangle.

7. alex December 13, 2012 at 12:34 #

she looks amazing

8. EmmaWoodhouse December 13, 2012 at 13:14 #

She looks great but I wish it was longer and that she’d change up her style a bit.

9. dee December 13, 2012 at 13:28 #

I think she looks awesome.

10. Jess2 December 13, 2012 at 14:23 #

She looks really beautiful and this is a gorgeous colour! I love this from had to toe!

11. jb December 13, 2012 at 14:28 #

I think Blake has no style at all she is just highly favored by Christian L, and Anna Wintour. And, it seems as if she is from one of those moneyed families and that is the only real reason for her success, that and the yawn inducing, cascading over the shoulder blond hair and toned long legs. She has the SJP syndrome whereas SJP actually tries to dress like what she thinks Carrie would Blake thinks that she is Serena Van der Woodsen. The premiere of that movie this summer was the only time she looked hot to me otherwise she is just so pedestrian and predictable…I have been holding that in for a while…so pardon the wordiness plz?

12. TeaAtTwo December 13, 2012 at 14:32 #

She’s taken all the cool factor out of the look and made it quite generic. I don’t like the ankle boots fortunately they don’t stand out much and her legs still look good in them.

13. priyanka December 13, 2012 at 14:46 #

she looks nice and i’m glad that she’s going beyond her usual designers, but it’just variation on a theme: short dress + questionable louboutins. very disappointing for someone who claims to have so much access and understanding of fashion. the fact that she doesn’t have a stylist seems to be a point of pride for her, but i think a professional would help her be more than a one-note style-wise

14. admmgz December 13, 2012 at 15:07 #

I think she looks great but yes, there’s no wow-factor…

15. susan December 13, 2012 at 15:20 #

I like it. She looks nice.

16. Pedro December 13, 2012 at 15:49 #

She looks really good!

17. Lyvm December 13, 2012 at 16:29 #

This look is typically blake, pretty dress, pretty girl but lacking class.

• Lisa December 13, 2012 at 17:55 #

Man, people can get quite picky when it comes to her. LOL, the dress is a colourful minidress, anyone who wears it will look like she does. It’s not some regal gown that she modified. It’s also an extremely basic design/shape, if not for the colour and embellishments. IDG how she lacks class in this case then? God forbid someone likes wearing short dresses and does it with a smile each time.

18. katie December 13, 2012 at 16:51 #

I love the look bar the shoes, miss legs 11!She can do no wrong in my eyes,I love Blake

19. Aline December 13, 2012 at 17:46 #

She’s the perfect girl to wear this dress. She totally rocks it.

20. Amy December 13, 2012 at 20:00 #

cool look, and give the girl a break, she has nice legs why wouldn’t she show them?

21. Rebecca Z December 13, 2012 at 20:06 #

My, but her legs are gorgeous–stockings or not. It’s a cute dress that looks cute on her. Nothing to write home about.

22. Dhppy December 13, 2012 at 20:28 #

I’m trying to figure out why I prefer it so much more on the model. I don’t know if it’s the lighting, but the beading looks darker on the runway and that contrast is more effective. Lively’s shoes are not giving enough oomph to the outfit either.

23. LC December 14, 2012 at 05:44 #

Yeah… she looks pretty perfect to me!

24. BIA December 14, 2012 at 12:22 #

I love Blake Liverly,i love Isabel Marant and clear Louboutins this look for me is fresh and young and i love :) the shoes can be difrent but i like anyway .Blake for me blake is one of the women with more style and fashion sense… she is sexy when she wants and completely gorgeous i love her style and i love her… keep going Blake:)

25. BIA December 14, 2012 at 12:23 #

I love Blake Liverly,i love Isabel Marant and clear Louboutins this look for me is fresh and young and i love the shoes can be difrent but i like anyway .Blake for me blake is one of the women with more style and fashion sense… she is sexy when she wants and completely gorgeous i love her style and i love her… keep going Blake:)

26. Leti December 14, 2012 at 13:20 #

My first thought when I saw this was that she finally got the memo–boobs or legs, but not both. If she keeps this up, we might have to stop callings her Boobs Legsley (credit the Fug Girls for the moniker).