Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better…Melanie Doutey or Nieves Alvarez?

During the Emilio Pucci Fall 2012 presentation, Peter Dundas sent a model down the runway wearing a houndstooth crystal-embellished chiffon coat, which has hit the red carpet twice as a dress.

First up was French actress Melanie Doutey, who looked sensational wearing the coat as a plunging dress with a central slit to the ‘Therese Desqueyroux’ premiere during the Cannes Film Festival.

The sexy yet chic look was styled with a black clutch and Sergio Rossi ‘Chloris’ sandals.

Nieves Alvarez wore the same coat as a dress to the ‘Escaparate’ Magazine Awards in Seville, Spain back in October.

Her dazzling semi-sheer look was styled with Roger Vivier ankle-cuff sandals, Pandora jewels and a black Swarovski clutch.

Melanie wins for me. The Rossis swung it for me.

You can buy Melanie and Nieves’ Emilio Pucci coat/dress from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Getty

Ashley Madekwe's Christian Louboutin Pigalle Pumps And Giuseppe Zanotti Box Clutch

Ashley Madekwe’s Christian Louboutin Pigalle Pumps And Giuseppe Zanotti Box Clutch

Rosamund Pike In Elie Saab - ‘Jack Reacher’ Stockholm Premiere

Rosamund Pike In Elie Saab – ‘Jack Reacher’ Stockholm Premiere

7 Responses to Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better…Melanie Doutey or Nieves Alvarez?

1. Yeliz December 12, 2012 at 10:32 #

Melanie Doutey for me as well, because those Rossis have to be one of the most stunning shoes ever.

2. gabis December 12, 2012 at 13:35 #

Nieves Alvarez for me. She looks flawless. The fitting, the length of the dress, everything is perfect on her. Too bad we can’t say the same thing about Melanie.
    Plus Nieves ankle-cuff sandals are truly to-die-for.

3. Jeremy December 12, 2012 at 13:45 #

Nieves for me. as her Smoking ROGER VIVIER sandals are way better than the Rossis!

4. dee December 12, 2012 at 14:24 #

Nieves looks better. On Melanie the dress makes her look bigger in the midsection.

5. Zissou December 12, 2012 at 14:47 #

Nieves and it’s down to the hair. Melanie’s hairstyle is way to mumsy, while Nieves’ rock chick haircut fits the dress superbly.

6. EmmaWoodhouse December 12, 2012 at 15:26 #

Though I loved teh glittery houndstooth, the style of this dress was very tacky to me. I went with Melanie only for the shoes.

7. Nat39 December 12, 2012 at 18:29 #

Nieves is an obvious winner for me – the dress works much better for her height, more slender figure, and persona, she is rocking this gown. LOVE Melanie’s sandals but Nieves’s work well with the look too.