12.12.12 Menswear, Premiere

Seth Rogen In Ermenegildo Zegna – ‘The Guilt Trip’ LA Premiere

Funny man Seth Rogen joined Barbara Streisand on the red carpet for the LA premiere of ‘The Guilt Trip’, which took place at the Regency Village Theatre in Westwood, California last night.

Both dressed in black; he wore a three-piece suit (my favourite kind) by Ermenegildo Zegna.

I’m glad he opted for a gingham shirt and dotted tie with his peaked-lapel suit; otherwise, this look could’ve been quite formulaic.

Credit: Getty

Kate Waterhouse's Gucci Hand Embroidered Floral Silk Sleeveless Dress

Kate Waterhouse’s Gucci Hand Embroidered Floral Silk Sleeveless Dress

Chen Shu In Alexander McQueen - Johnnie Walker House Beijing

Chen Shu In Alexander McQueen – Johnnie Walker House Beijing

18 Responses to Seth Rogen In Ermenegildo Zegna – ‘The Guilt Trip’ LA Premiere

1. Christine December 12, 2012 at 15:06 #

He cleans up nicely.

• tiffany December 12, 2012 at 21:38 #

+1 love the shirt/tie combo

2. EmmaWoodhouse December 12, 2012 at 15:33 #

I do love a three-piece suit but the tie should have been skinny. It looks too nerdy like this.

• EmmaWoodhouse December 12, 2012 at 15:33 #

Barbra’s look is pretty blah.

• noo December 12, 2012 at 20:53 #

I feel like she’s wearing a chain watch on seth’s behalf!

• Sally December 12, 2012 at 17:12 #

I think the tie/collar combination works. With the wide collar spread it’s better to go with not only a wider tie, but also a fuller knot like a Shelby or even full Windsor. A skinny tie on that shirt collar would look lonely and badly proportioned.

• dee December 12, 2012 at 19:37 #

I agree, plus Seth is not a small guy he needs a bigger tie.

• noo December 12, 2012 at 20:56 #

I love the proportion of his tie! and the fact that he’s wearing a vest! when he was thinner a while back he did wear slimmer suits and ties but now he’s going for the three piece option which fits him perfectly! He is doing the male version of dressing to flatter one’s body and it’s working for him :D

• TeaAtTwo December 13, 2012 at 00:35 #

I agree with Sally, Dee and Noo that the wide was right option for him. I’m glad he picked a waistcoat too.

3. Tania December 12, 2012 at 15:45 #

FC, I love you and devotedly visit your blog since 2008-2009. I noticed you recently started giving more coverage to menswear,and while sometimes its a pleasant surprise, it is not really the reason why we pay you a daily visit. I find men posts distracting. Would you maybe consider giving them a tab like shop her closet?- available but not mandatory?, xx

• DorianGray December 12, 2012 at 16:04 #

I visit this blog since its born and I’m so thankful to FC for intruducing the menswear posts. Even men love fashion and we deserve our space too.

• Fashion Critic December 12, 2012 at 23:49 #

thanks Tania.

Your suggestion would unfortunately cost some money, as there would be some design work needed to be done to the site to make it work.

• TeaAtTwo December 13, 2012 at 00:28 #

I like how it is, I’d probably skip menswear otherwise and miss great moments like Eddie Redmayne dashing blue McQueen look or drool over handsome pics like Hugh Jackman, Ryan Gosling Gerald butler, Bradley cooper etc… :)

• Fashion Critic December 13, 2012 at 00:36 #

Good point.

• Bea December 13, 2012 at 10:29 #

I think it’s great that you decided to include Men fashion, fashion does not only apply to Ladies. Besides Men’s fashion is Increasing, lot more these days. In the company i work we make a magazine for our customers, i do the ‘Style Check’ section, so i did one recently about Men Fashion, you wouldn’t believe the great feedback it got, sadly back then you didn’t have this Posts on Men fashion, so i had to do lot of research, it is very hard to find a website that posts what men celebritys wore. So to me you are pioneers in this, good for you! i say keep going =) xo

4. dee December 12, 2012 at 16:35 #

I love the combo of the shirt and tie. I like the suit. He looks good.

• Yeliz December 12, 2012 at 22:52 #