Taylor Swift In David Koma – Z100’s Jingle Ball 2012

Prior to her performance, Taylor Swift took to the red carpet at Z100′s Jingle Ball 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Friday evening.

The country-pop darling brought an aura of casually sexy chic to the red carpet, wearing a David Koma Spring 2013 dress.

The beloved singer/songwriter kept her look delightfully simple with minimal jewelry and accessories, but pumped up the volume with sky-high Jimmy Choo peep-toes and a signature bold red lip (which could also be an ode to the title of her latest musical release).

Taylor rarely misses a chance to look sweet and stylish at any sort of event, and this is no exception.

While we sometimes miss her penchant for sparkly gowns, we are really loving the more mature Taylor who knows how to be festive and flirty without donning looks that could double as disco balls.

Do you wish Taylor had opted for the edgier runway look with the flounced hem?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Bradley Cooper In Tom Ford – SBIFF’s 2012 Kirk Douglas Award for Excellence In Film

Jessica Alba In Narciso Rodriguez - Spike TV's 10th Annual Video Game Awards

Jessica Alba In Narciso Rodriguez – Spike TV’s 10th Annual Video Game Awards

18 Responses to Taylor Swift In David Koma – Z100’s Jingle Ball 2012

1. Odette December 10, 2012 at 16:11 #

This look is boring, even though she is wearing a new and edgy designer.

She could’ve made this interesting with cools shoes and earrings or maybe an awesome cuff but she made this snoozeville.

• dee December 10, 2012 at 19:58 #

+1000

2. shap_half December 10, 2012 at 16:18 #

I love the runway version. The one Taylor’s wearing is cute, but not particularly interesting. And I think that Taylor understands her style enough that even if she wore the runway version, she would have made it super sweet in her own way. It would have been nice to see her take on it.

3. EmmaWoodhouse December 10, 2012 at 16:39 #

I kind of wish that she tried out the runway version, although hers is chic. Wish it was longer though. Also she should have chosen a different shoe. Hair and makeup are pretty though.

4. Anj December 10, 2012 at 16:40 #

I don’t even remember the last time she wore black. Has she ever? This look is nice just for that fact alone.

5. Yeliz December 10, 2012 at 16:42 #

I think she looks amazing here.

• CreoleLady December 10, 2012 at 19:15 #

+1. I can’t recall seeing Taylor in a fitted, non-A-line LBD. I like the way she looks.

6. robbie December 10, 2012 at 17:00 #

hard to believe this is actually by the same designer, this is a bore.

7. TeaAtTwo December 10, 2012 at 19:24 #

I like that she wasn’t doing the princess thing but the runway version was alot better both the print and the skirt hem. This has been turn into an unrecognisable bore which is unfortunate as this could have been a great showcase for the relatively small designer.

8. Rebecca Z December 10, 2012 at 20:32 #

I really like this dress on her. I like the cut of the armholes and the detailing on the sides of her waist. This shows what a great figure she has which you don’t really usually see. Her hair and makeup standout against the black. Comparing this dress to the runway look isn’t very meaningful–they seem almost completely different to me.

9. noo December 10, 2012 at 21:03 #

The flounced hem would have been too much on taylor, but she should have stuck to the runway pattern!

10. Kay December 10, 2012 at 21:17 #

Even thought the runway version was definitely more exciting, I think it would have been too childish on Taylor. I like this look for her. Everyone needs a sexy minimalist look every now and then. Right FC?

11. FC310 December 10, 2012 at 21:55 #

Prefer the runway version and the rest of David’s Spring ’13 collection. I had the opportunity to check out the collection in person and hope to see more on the RC.

12. Georgia December 10, 2012 at 23:01 #

He always seems to dress to suit the persona of the boyfriend she is with, then reverts bck to her own self whilst single. For example she was very vintage inspired whilst with a Keneddy, now she is dressing more edgier and slicker – a but like a high class groupie now she’s with a One direction band member

13. Christine December 11, 2012 at 02:00 #

I wish she had the balls to rock the runway version. This look is no different from any other plain black dress.

14. Thais December 11, 2012 at 10:12 #

I think she looks amazing.
    Everyone keep saying she still looks boring, and it’s just a black dress, but you just don’t get it. This is such a change for her, stepping out of her comfort zone and daring to wear just a mini dress, and it fits her beautifully. She’s taking her time and discovering new shapes but still managing to stay true to herself.
    If she showed up with this daring look you all said she should you’d say she’s gone way too far.

15. gabis December 11, 2012 at 13:06 #

+10 for no lace
    +20 for no pale hues
    +30 for no sparkling dresses
    +40 for no sugary look
    It’s not the most interesting look in the world but it’s a big change for her.

16. kane December 11, 2012 at 13:23 #

Haha, I just typed my comment about Swift exchanging her white dresses for a black one under the Jessica Alba picture and now this. I LOVE the runway look from head to toe, but am still bored by Taylor Swift, even when in black.