Rosamund Pike In Alexander McQueen – ‘Jack Reacher’ World Premiere

Rosamund Pike looked sensational on the red carpet for the world premiere of ‘Jack Reacher’, held at the Odeon Leicester Square in London this evening.

Even though I’m all for season appropriate red carpet dressing, I can’t begrudge the British actress wanting to lift the winter gloom by wearing a bright yellow Alexander McQueen Spring 2013 gown with Noor Fares’ earrings.

Considering I daren’t leave the house without at least three layers, one must also admire the fact that Rosamund’s gown is both sleeveless and backless. “Brrrr!”

From the look book picture, you can see that the gown was styled with the bee-accented choker and tortoise-shell belt which took to the runway in Paris, but Rosamund’s simple styling works perfectly for her.

The look book styling would look awesome on Rihanna, Erin O’Connor or Cate Blanchett, but may not have given Rosamund the effortlessly air that I’m currently getting from this look.

Do you think Rosamund got her styling of this look right?

Credit: Alexander McQueen & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Anne Hathaway In Tom Ford - ‘Les Miserables’ New York Premiere

Anne Hathaway In Tom Ford – ‘Les Miserables’ New York Premiere

42 Responses to Rosamund Pike In Alexander McQueen – ‘Jack Reacher’ World Premiere

1. Shelby December 10, 2012 at 19:33 #

BDOTW nominee, for sure.

• ladyoflettuce December 10, 2012 at 20:50 #

+++++++++++++1!!!!!

• Francois Bresmal December 10, 2012 at 21:11 #

ABSOLUTELY! Sensational is the word! And hell yeah, she got the styling right!

• Christine December 11, 2012 at 01:50 #

For sure BDOTW! Drop dead stunning! Even though I wished she kept the choker

2. Nat39 December 10, 2012 at 19:35 #

Loving the colour on her, the floaty skirt, lovely hair and makeup, but the look feels very incomplete – she needed a belt (!!), or she could’ve at least partially compensated its absence with a bracelet/clutch/oversized ring.

• noo December 10, 2012 at 20:50 #

I miss the belt too! but she still looks nice!

• admmgz December 10, 2012 at 22:01 #

I agree on all counts

3. laura December 10, 2012 at 19:41 #

Nothing fancy here … No accessories, no jewels …

4. Amy December 10, 2012 at 20:02 #

She looks amazing as-is. No fancy styling needed. She also looks 10 feet tall.

5. Lisa December 10, 2012 at 20:08 #

BDOTW. This is really a wow dress, but I would love to see some earrings and a clutch. As it is, I give it a A-

6. Joan December 10, 2012 at 20:08 #

Stunning!

7. Rebecca Z December 10, 2012 at 20:15 #

I miss the belt–I think it adds much needed sophistication to the look. But she does look lovely.

• Moxie December 11, 2012 at 16:26 #

8. Luis December 10, 2012 at 20:21 #

I like the look but a clutch from the same collection or a braclet would make it even better.

9. andrea December 10, 2012 at 20:44 #

To me this is missing a bracelet or clutch or earrings… some kind of accessory

10. Glenda December 10, 2012 at 20:44 #

Even when she’s not wearing bright hues like here or that red Giambattista Valli gown a few weeks back, Rosamund never fails to look absolutely radiant.

That being said, this is a great look on her! I don’t miss the choker at all but the belt would have been a nice addition. She absolutely rocks this gown, though. Definitely strong competition for Cate!

11. dee December 10, 2012 at 20:45 #

Wish she worn the belt to liven up the dress. It dress looks plain without it.

12. Agathe December 10, 2012 at 20:45 #

I love her look, but it’s so inappropriate for a December evening in London that she won’t get my vote for BDOTW.

• roxy December 10, 2012 at 23:47 #

13. noo December 10, 2012 at 20:53 #

FC, is there a link to the look book of more wearable mcqueen spring collection, or are they just released to the press? Thanks in advance :D

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2012 at 21:07 #

I’m sure they will add them to their site soon. They usually do

• noo December 10, 2012 at 21:13 #

14. gabis December 10, 2012 at 21:01 #

I LOVE minimalist but that excessive plain styling is not exactly of my liking. It feels rather incomplete. She should’ve added oversized or statement jewelry as per the look book styling. That aside, the dress is absolutely fantastic and I love her hair and makeup. She looks breathtaking nonetheless.

15. Emmeline December 10, 2012 at 21:10 #

I love the simplicity of the look. I think she looks beautiful.

16. Danielle December 10, 2012 at 21:25 #

I too am missing the belt… any belt.

17. Jones19 December 10, 2012 at 22:01 #

Stunning. The belt wasn’t needed. Lovely.

18. Andrew December 10, 2012 at 22:43 #

Really, really lovely! She is always a picture of beauty. I spoted in one photo she was wearing light blue heels, thought it was a nice contrast.

19. Yeliz December 10, 2012 at 22:46 #

I don’t miss anything here. I’m in love with her simple styling. The bright colour of the gown is enough to lighten up your day during these cold winter days. BDOTW contender.

20. Sara December 10, 2012 at 23:05 #

For once I don’t miss the belt.

21. EmmaWoodhouse December 10, 2012 at 23:06 #

1) I wish it didn’t have cut-outs
    2) I wish she’d kept the belt and the clutch.
    Everything else is perfect–the color, the floating skirt, her poise, and the fact that she chose not to keep the choker.

22. MissAmynae December 10, 2012 at 23:23 #

Highly disappointed. This could have been a “stunning woman in a gorgeous frock” but alas, she’s taken the McQueen out of the look. She is undeniably lovely, but this look is borderline generic without any accessories.

If not the belt, then the clutch or one of bee cuffs from this collection would have done nicely.

23. abc December 11, 2012 at 00:58 #

I absolutely love this look, but I do have to admit to being a little saddened not to see the bee inspired parts of the look book.
    I loved this collection because the bee features harked back to the Origin of Species and Birds of Paradise inspired collections et al of Alexander McQueen of old.

In recent years the AMQ label feels homogenised, streamlined for the middle of the road, as embodied by Kate M (no problem i just don’t think the rebellious nature of AMQ quite suits her). The bold, daring looks have gone, and that I miss.

• CreoleLady December 11, 2012 at 09:13 #

+1 and thank you for the insights about the McQueen collections past and present. As a result, I feel even more strongly that Rosamund Pike should have kept the belt and clutch. Otherwise, this dress is just a generic, pretty enough, yellow chiffon dress with an unsightly uncovered seam at the waist. “Homogenized” is a great way of putting it.

24. NooG December 11, 2012 at 01:16 #

I found some pictures of her shoes – the bright color is cheeky. :)

I like how simple her styling is. The belt would have been a nice tough, but the simplistic style fits her very well.

• Fashion Critic December 11, 2012 at 15:45 #

i love that

25. b December 11, 2012 at 03:13 #

where do i can see the mcqueen spring lookbook?

26. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang December 11, 2012 at 06:34 #

27. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang December 11, 2012 at 06:36 #

Simply BDOTW!!! Rosamund Pike takes our breath away in this canary yellow Alexander McQueen creation that shows off her sexy back!! Love the simple styling because simplicity is the key to look effortlessly glamorous!! Rosamund opts out the bee-accented choker and the tortoise shell belt which makes her dress simply stand out!! Love it from head to toe!! Astonishing and breathtaking!!! Who says you have to add tons of accessories to make out stand out?? Rosamund Pike proves you otherwise!!

28. bas December 11, 2012 at 09:54 #

drop dead gorgeous.

29. vicky December 11, 2012 at 10:17 #

Would have loved at least one of the look book’s accessories, it’s lacking something for me.

But it’s no denying she looks amazing.

30. Angeline December 11, 2012 at 12:14 #

Something is missing…. oh yes, the belt.

31. kane December 11, 2012 at 13:13 #

As much as I like her and her hair and everything, this looks like just wearing something, not really in any way put together.