10.12.12

Demi Lovato In Topshop – ‘The X Factor’ Viewing Party

Over the most recent season of the ‘X Factor’ US, it seemed as if Demi Lovato embodied a different fashion personality every single week.

Sometimes she was going for hard-edged rocker chic, while some weeks she opted for ultra sexy and trendy – but always wearing Topshop.

At Fox’s ‘The X Factor’ viewing party at Mixology101 & Planet Dailies in California – which was also attended by Britney Spears – we were pleased as could be when she arrived on the red carpet wearing an age-appropriate Topshop ensemble.

The young reality-show judge looked natural and sweet in a floral frock from Britain’s premier high-street fashion retailer, and added a dose of wintery edge with a simple leather jacket and classic black tights.

It seems that Demi has really found a lovely happy medium after a season of extreme on-screen fashion choices.

Demure-with-a-twist really suits her; plus, the look is further enhanced by the soft waves of her chestnut tresses.

You Demi’s Topshop dress from Topshop US and Topshop UK.

Credit: Getty

Felicity Jones In Christian Dior - British Independent Film Awards  2012

Felicity Jones In Christian Dior – British Independent Film Awards 2012

Rihanna In Balmain – ‘Wetten dass...?’

Rihanna In Balmain – ‘Wetten dass…?’

19 Comments

19 Responses to Demi Lovato In Topshop – ‘The X Factor’ Viewing Party

1. gurlygurl December 10, 2012 at 12:55 #

I rarely like her style but this is cute and works for her. I’m so glad she’s back to her darker locks too!

• dee December 10, 2012 at 13:48 #

+1. the blonde hair was not working.

• Francois Bresmal December 10, 2012 at 21:38 #

+2 Totally! But she looks quite the same than 4 years ago with hairstyle, it’s confusing

2. Nat December 10, 2012 at 13:35 #

The look is cute, but what I’m liking more here is her hair: she should always keep it like this and never go back to those trashy highlights/hairstyles she sported in the past.

3. CreoleLady December 10, 2012 at 13:54 #

VAST improvement. If she can be weaned off the hooves I’ll be ecstatic but I’ll take this any day. Her hair is a beautiful color now.

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2012 at 14:00 #

yes, agreed…that blonde was too harsh for her

4. Odette December 10, 2012 at 14:56 #

I agree with everyone here. Demi Lovato has a terrible sense of style, but if she dressed like this (cute dress and less try hard) sans the hooves she would be less of an eyeroll.

5. Christine December 10, 2012 at 14:57 #

Glad she is back to her darker hair color.

6. EmmaWoodhouse December 10, 2012 at 16:20 #

WOW she finally looks good again–this hair color is perfect for her and the dress is cute with the jacket. This is her best look since the 2011 ALMA awards, when she wore that gorgeous gown…ever since then her style’s been on a downwards style but I’m so glad to see her looking good again. I’ll even overlook the tights and pumps.

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2012 at 16:29 #

“This is her best look since the 2011 ALMA awards” – Agreed

7. Yeliz December 10, 2012 at 16:25 #

Finally a look from Demi which I really love. She looks decent and gorgeous here and I love her new hair colour.

8. robbie December 10, 2012 at 17:05 #

serious improvement, this kind of look is so much better than that desperate try hard “rock chick” look she seemed to be going for, not to mention the hair and make-up is far prettier here.

9. Nat39 December 10, 2012 at 18:42 #

I’m going to be in the minority, I guess. The dress is sweet and adorable but doesn’t suit her body type well, would love to see its full shape sans the toughening leather jacket and heavy tights/shoe combo (that weigh down this cute dress so badly), with a pair of adorable sandals instead.

10. TeaAtTwo December 10, 2012 at 19:53 #

I don’t understand why she’s always in Topshop. Do they sponsor her or the show? Is she trying to be relatable to fans/viewers? Or is her clothing budget just really low.

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2012 at 19:55 #

they must sponsor her wardrobe

11. andrea December 10, 2012 at 20:42 #

Love, love, love. This is her best look to date.

12. admmgz December 10, 2012 at 23:11 #

Demi looks great! I do prefer her as a brunette over blonde but I understand the want to switch it up sometimes. I like that she wears Topshop- personally, I would wear most of their looks. Seeing this makes me want to sign-on to Nordstrom.com & shop

13. Iris December 11, 2012 at 00:15 #

Love the colours and styling – my only wish is that she didnt wear jackets that look way to tight, especially around her arms.

14. Lyvm December 12, 2012 at 09:04 #

Never like her style. Wish she’d lay off the makeup and pull her hair back. It’s weighing her down.