Alicia Vikander In Chanel Couture – British Independent Film Awards 2012

Alicia Vikander was also pretty in pink on the red carpet at Old Billingsgate Market in London yesterday evening for the British Independent Film Awards 2012.

The relatively unknown actress wowed in a Chanel Fall 2012 Couture gown.

Chanel are always very generous to up-and-coming actresses: Freida Pinto once said in an interview that many fashion houses ignored her requests in the early days except Chanel. I trust their eye for spotting stars who are ones-to-watch, considering they have also backed Bella Heathcote and Emilia Clarke.

Her pink frock with sheer stripes, a banded waistband and button detailing was lightly accented with shredded detailing on the sleeves and skirt, adding to the delicate nature of her ethereal frock.

Barely-there makeup, stone pumps and a half-up, half-down hairstyle completed this BDOTW-worthy look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Helen Mirren In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Hitchcock' London Premiere

Helen Mirren In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Hitchcock’ London Premiere

Naomi Watts In Stella McCartney – Silver Linings Playbook Event

Naomi Watts In Stella McCartney – Silver Linings Playbook Event

24 Responses to Alicia Vikander In Chanel Couture – British Independent Film Awards 2012

1. Ramsay December 10, 2012 at 11:25 #

Look has been modified to look much more red carpet friendly – which is always the case with Chanel – what a weekend so many great pieces on the red carpet!

2. Charlotte December 10, 2012 at 11:29 #

I don’t like this look. The hair and the shoes don’t work with the dress. Plus, I don’t really like the dress, also unflaterring.

• Mandy December 10, 2012 at 11:41 #

I also don’t like this look, i can’t put my finger on why though.

• Hannah December 10, 2012 at 13:07 #

I agree, and I also think that she looks very uncomfortable which doesn’t help.

3. Fanny December 10, 2012 at 12:20 #

It’s a bit too babypink for my liking, but she def looks gorgeous.

4. Emmeline December 10, 2012 at 12:45 #

She looks lovely. Between this and her Rodarte a couple of weeks ago, Alicia is quickly becoming someone I’m paying attention. Hopefully we’ll get to see more of her next year.

• Yeliz December 10, 2012 at 16:15 #

ITA.

5. Amy December 10, 2012 at 13:22 #

nice dress but her shoes are awful. Chanel’s marketing team is one of the cleverest in the biz. they also spot most of the young indie actresses when they’relatively unknown and by the time they become big they are aficionados of the brand. Some fashion houses could use advice from Chanel

• Christine December 10, 2012 at 15:12 #

I agree. Chanel is smart when dressing newcomers. I give them that.

This dress however is lovely but them shoes paired with this dainty look is a big no.

6. dee December 10, 2012 at 13:44 #

Those shoes are too heavy with the light, delicate dress. I think she should have worn her hair up too. The dress isn’t bad on her.

7. danza December 10, 2012 at 14:19 #

Long time reader breaking silence over this.

Completely disagree on BDOTW. Actually before reading I saw the picture and went, “um, no”. The shoes are way too heavy, the hair looks terrible with that dress and her body language is not selling it to me.

She’s lovely and the dress is exquisite, but I am totally against putting her up as BDOTW. She could do much better and so does the dress. As it is, a wasted opportunity.

• Tina December 11, 2012 at 03:24 #

I agree. I do like the look of this dress at all. It’s too frou-frou for my tastes, and the overall shape is unflattering and washes her out. Not a BDOTW, in my opinion.

• Taksi December 11, 2012 at 05:21 #

Ditto. It’s a mess and completely overwhelms her.

8. Odette December 10, 2012 at 15:03 #

I only thing that really bothers me are the shoes.

I am surprised she is wearing this, as she said in Instyle that she wears mostly black, grey and white and isn’t into girly things.

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 10, 2012 at 16:13 #

I don’t really like the shoes. The dress…I’m torn. On the one hand, I like princessy things. On the other, those feathery sleeves are too much. Yet if you took them off, the dress would be too plain. So–I don’t know.

10. Rebecca Z December 10, 2012 at 16:17 #

I think this is just atrocious. The dress is ugly, her hair is meh, the shoes are too heavy. Especially hard to swallow after the wonderful simplicity of Naomi Watt’s look.

11. robbie December 10, 2012 at 17:09 #

really like the dress on the runway but it looks so stiff and unappealing on alicia.

12. TeaAtTwo December 10, 2012 at 18:58 #

She makes this dress a lot more appealing then on the run way. The pumps feel a tad heavy for the dress but I like the hair how it is, it’s elegant without being too princessy.

13. Nat39 December 10, 2012 at 19:21 #

The gown is awful imo, and she is not selling it to me either, can’t possibly be BDOTW worthy.

14. tiffany December 10, 2012 at 20:35 #

this is a rather unfortunate look. The dress looks too voluminous on here, which could be due in part to the shoe and *lack* of an updo. The slouchy hair is an unfortunate complement to the slouchy sleeves and apparent slouchy posture. I have no idea how tall she is but the way this is styled makes her look like a toddler. No, no and no!

15. Dhppy December 10, 2012 at 22:54 #

Though the color and fabric are entreating, the gown became overly thought out with a few too many bells and whistles. It’s as if a design committee got together and went off the rails: “Let’s make it sheer!” “How about some ribbon?” “Now some shredding!” “What about shirring?” “Let’s play with the hem.” Let’s not. Let’s leave 3 of those ideas on the drawing board and focus on making a pretty gown that isn’t competing with itself.

16. Iris December 11, 2012 at 00:18 #

Might be just me but the dress looks like a tier from an OTT wedding cake.

17. Jess2 December 11, 2012 at 17:00 #

In two minds about this. She looks pretty and I like the dress but I don’t like the shoes and I wish the shredded sleeves had more body to them.

18. Lyvm December 12, 2012 at 09:12 #

I have to say i dont like this look. Her half up hair do makes this dress look even frumpier. I like the details on the bottom of the dress but the top is a little dated. The shoulder details are ok otherwise. There’s too much going on. Too much frou frou too many buttons. Her hair could look better in a side bun or something.