07.12.12

Britney Spears In Christopher Kane – ‘The X Factor’ Viewing Party

Britney Spears attended Fox’s ‘The X Factor’ viewing party at Mixology101 & Planet Dailies in California yesterday evening.

The ‘X Factor’ judge looked as uncomfortable as ever on the red carpet, wearing a Christopher Kane Fall 2010 dress.

Her black leather bustier dress, decorated with a colourful floral print, which was the signature theme of this collection, was styled with burgundy Miu Miu sandals.

I will never get why Britney always wears these short, fitted dresses, when she clearly doesn’t have the confidence to wear them.

Had she thrown her shoulders back, and given us a confident smile – or even a stroppy pout – the overall look would’ve been much improved.

Credit: Getty

Allison Williams In L'Wren Scott - 7th Annual Women Of Worth Awards

Allison Williams In L’Wren Scott – 7th Annual Women Of Worth Awards

Kellan Lutz In Lacoste - Lacoste Celebration at Art Basel Miami

Kellan Lutz In Lacoste – Lacoste Celebration at Art Basel Miami

40 Responses to Britney Spears In Christopher Kane – ‘The X Factor’ Viewing Party

1. lee Ann December 7, 2012 at 13:41 #

Probably not as uncomfortable as Christopher Kane is feeling seeing her wearing his dress.

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2012 at 14:06 #

OMG…this really made me LOL…your one liners kill me :D

• Mary Gatto December 7, 2012 at 14:44 #

Hahahahaha! Loved!

• Jess2 December 7, 2012 at 15:05 #

Hahahaha best line!

• TeaAtTwo December 7, 2012 at 16:16 #

LOL- hilarious comment.
      this collection was super cool and sexy but on Britney it loses that appeal.

2. gabis December 7, 2012 at 13:42 #

It’s hard to believe she pays a stylist to dress her like that.

3. dee December 7, 2012 at 13:51 #

Hair is too long and the dress is too tight and short. It’s nothing new from her.

• Yeliz December 7, 2012 at 18:00 #

4. jenner December 7, 2012 at 13:53 #

i know she looks uncomfortable, but is not the clothing just her, after what she went through i thinks this situations probably get uneasy, which is ok. To me she looks beautiful, and the shoes goes in hand with her outfit. I mean i would have expected you given brtiney praises for wearing something sexy, but edgy and fresh, but i guess ehen you dont like someone is hard to comeup with something positive

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2012 at 14:05 #

Sorry but this is ridiculous.

Britney has a always looked uneasy and given us this fake smile on the red carpet. Her only truly happy red carpet moments are when she attended events with Justin Timberlake in her heyday.

I am totally indifferent to Britney. So say I’m not giving her praise because I don’t like her is child’s play.

I guess it is hard to be objective when you are a fan of someone.

• Emmeline December 7, 2012 at 14:24 #

“Her only truly happy red carpet moments are when she attended events with Justin Timberlake in her heyday.”

Oh how I wish your blog had been around back during their hey-day. I’m sure your thoughts on their infamous matching denim formalwear would have been priceless.

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2012 at 15:03 #

I love dthat look LOL :D

• Beta December 8, 2012 at 17:24 #

that demin look is a classic!! I love it :)
          back in the day they were really pop royalty!

• leeAnn December 7, 2012 at 14:26 #

Geeze I wish people could separate fashion from fan worship. Liking or disliking someone has nothing to do with whether someone works an outfit or not as in this case.
        I am not a fan of VB but I have to admit she looks good. I am a fan of the DoC but cannot rate most of her fashion choices.

• Mary Gatto December 7, 2012 at 14:43 #

Ditto! I never EVER got why people idolize Britney. AT ALL. Anyway, her “deer caught in the headlights” look is getting old.

• jenner December 7, 2012 at 14:48 #

I am not that of a fan, but whwn you complain all the time that she only wear herve leger dresser, and then she changes things a notch there is still complains. I mean red carpeta arent the center of the universe i can understand that someone doesnt like to pose in them, but she does looks great, maybe the bust are is ill fitted but i dont believe.

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2012 at 15:02 #

thanks for your comments. I have a website to run so I am going to leave it there.

This isn’t worth arguing about.

• Miranda December 7, 2012 at 17:00 #

I disagree. She looked pretty comfy on red carpets before her breakdown, not just when she was with Justin.

• Daria December 7, 2012 at 17:38 #

Yeah, it’s really when she had her mental break that everything changed. Of course, if I had to deal with all these issues in the public eye and have paps take advantage of my mental health, I’d be pretty uneasy too.

• Grace Patricia December 8, 2012 at 17:47 #

“I guess it is hard to be objective when you are a fan of someone.”

I hate fans.

5. Christine December 7, 2012 at 14:04 #

Besides her discomfort on the red carpet, she looks decent here.

6. YeYo December 7, 2012 at 14:19 #

She looks good to me.
    She doesn’t know how to pose, but she is looking good on that dress.

7. Emmeline December 7, 2012 at 14:22 #

This is kind of sad. I can’t even concentrate on the dress because she just looks so uncomfortable.

8. mikkado December 7, 2012 at 14:44 #

I don’t know, this should work…her dress is beautiful (and YAY not another Herve Leger), her shoes are on point, hair and make-up are flawless…she just have to bring back his 2000′ charisma and presence…

she, however, has looked nearly impecable on every (almost) X-Factor show..Demi, on the other hand….

9. jenner December 7, 2012 at 14:50 #

oh isnt everyone giving fake smiles in the red carpet, hers is not so convincing

10. Nubiahbella December 7, 2012 at 14:53 #

Not fan of the hair, dress and she does look uncomfortable BUT her body is getting back to her old self.

11. shap_half December 7, 2012 at 15:04 #

I don’t think Britney’s discomfort has anything to do with her clothing. I think she’s just uncomfortable with being in public. She looks totally stiff and disinterested. The outfit looks terrible from the waist down, mostly, because when she was sitting, I thought the top part looks nice.

12. Jess2 December 7, 2012 at 15:15 #

I don’t like this dress on her. I don’t think it is a good shape or a good length. I loved the collection but I find this a bit cheap looking on her and yes her obvious discomfort is a shame.

13. Lauren December 7, 2012 at 15:23 #

The dress, makeup and hair look great but as you say she just looks so uncomfortable so it takes away from the overall look! Unfortunately I don’t think she will ever look happy at an event, no matter what she is wearing.

14. Miranda December 7, 2012 at 16:59 #

She looks gorgeous and young! Her face is so pretty!!!!! I hate that she gets so awkward in front of the cameras though. Sigh.

15. EmmaWoodhouse December 7, 2012 at 17:31 #

I usually like Christopher Kane but this particular dress is very tacky (even trashy) regardless of who it’s on. Of course Britney’s painful pose doesn’t help.

16. Annie December 7, 2012 at 17:31 #

I’m not defending her fashion choices in anyway, however you started the more recent Britney features when she started X-Factor and maybe one or two have been somewhat positive. You’ve mentioned how you choose celebs you’re interested in and don’t include because you pay for the photos. So why update on Britney and other questionable dressed celebs?

17. Daria December 7, 2012 at 17:36 #

The thing with Britney is that she suffers from crazy anxiety when she’s in the public eye. You can see how relaxed she is when she’s backstage or in candids at events. It’s the red carpet that kills her and I’m sure her medications don’t help. It’s really a shame because this could have been a really great look for her.

18. Amy December 7, 2012 at 17:58 #

She looks decent to me could have been better.The bust part is weird. And the uncomfortable pose isn’t lack of confidence and has nothing to do with her clothes, she’s never relaxed on a red carpet. I guess some celebs just don’t like RC

19. Joy December 7, 2012 at 18:34 #

FC, that is such an interesting point! I think she has been forced to dress “sexy” for so long she doesn’t really know what to wear. That’s really sad. It would be great if she could exude confidence like so many others we swoon over. Brittany does appear to be in a good place personally and professionally so hopefully she’ll figure it out that the key to confidence is within.

20. Danielle December 7, 2012 at 19:12 #

I wonder what she would look like in a pantsuit? Perhaps a little more comfortable and a little less “eee” face?

21. joe December 7, 2012 at 23:17 #

it’s clearly not the dress she’s uncomfortable with. it’s the hundreds of photographers screaming her name and flashing their cameras. saying nothing though about her outfit.

though this is SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

22. Martin December 8, 2012 at 00:46 #

i’m a huge fan of britney spears but she looks so uncomfortable her smile ,her teeth pressure her arms, eveything ruins this look, that dress doesn’t fit her body , it looks like a cheap dress

23. Angel December 8, 2012 at 00:50 #

no matter what she wears, she makes everything looks so awful and dated ,last week on xfactor she wore some pieces from the Fall 2012 Pacco Rabanne collection they looked great on the runway but on her yikes

24. Ayesha December 8, 2012 at 10:35 #

that smile is killing me….jeez!