Jessica Biel In Versace – ‘Playing for Keeps’ New York Premiere

In an attempt to shake off the ‘boring Biel’, mumsy, matronly tag some have given the newlywed, Jessica Biel opted for a super-sexy look on the red carpet for the ‘Playing for Keeps’ New York premiere held at the AMC Lincoln Square Theater yesterday evening.

You can’t get sexier than Versace, so she selected a show-stopping teal tie-dye-print gown from their Spring 2013 collection.

The one-flowing-sleeve gown with an asymmetrical cut was styled with a gold-and-black fringe belt.

After Heidi Klum turned me off this collection, I have to say I’m glad to see Jessica back to her former glory in this gown.

She has been playing it safe for a long while now, so this look is very refreshing.

However, the modification to shorten the cut irks me, if you’re going to wear a gown like this own it as it was presented.

The quick fix looks a bit sloppy.

Tousled tresses and gold Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed her look.

Much improved or boring Biel?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kerry Washington In Carven - Hollywood Reporter's 21st Annual Women In Entertainment Breakfast

Kerry Washington In Carven – Hollywood Reporter’s 21st Annual Women In Entertainment Breakfast

Anne Hathaway In Altuzarra - ‘Les Miserables’ London Premiere After Party

Anne Hathaway In Altuzarra – ‘Les Miserables’ London Premiere After Party

43 Responses to Jessica Biel In Versace – ‘Playing for Keeps’ New York Premiere

1. Jacqu December 6, 2012 at 11:12 #

When I first saw this dress I thought it would look fantastic on J. Lo. On Jessica Biel, not so much. Sure it’s an improvement on her past looks (especially the outfit that would be age appropriate for Betty White), but it feels like a mismatch.

• noo December 6, 2012 at 13:47 #

I thought J Lo when I saw it too! I still kinda like it.

• Linda December 7, 2012 at 17:32 #

LOL at Betty White reference. I love me some Betty White, but at Jessica’s age, it’s bad when you can swap outfits with her.

2. Nat December 6, 2012 at 11:16 #

I think she has probably never looked better.
    Yes, the look is very daring, but she has an athletic body type that prevents this from looking vulgar.

• Leti December 6, 2012 at 17:41 #

ITA about her athletic body suiting this dress better. For me this was as vulgar on the runway as the other looks were on Heidi Klum, so I don’t mind the modification, either.

Finally love the hair (no bangs!) and make it. It’s nice to see Jess mix it up without going too far.

3. Fanny December 6, 2012 at 11:21 #

I like it. I like that the dress was made less vulgar, and also I like her hairstyle!

• Valeria December 9, 2012 at 07:51 #

FC, agree that modification makes it awkward-it’s still revealing and requires significant amount of tape, so why not go all the way? But my main issue with it is the Jessica goes the opposite direction with the dress with attitude. Her pose is not confident and she just doesn’t own it. Her makeup and hair couldn’t be more perfect though

4. Lee Ann December 6, 2012 at 11:25 #

i think it is ok mainly because she has lost the fringe

• Mandy December 6, 2012 at 12:23 #

• Sara December 6, 2012 at 16:23 #

+2 YAY for no fringe!!! LOL

5. justme December 6, 2012 at 11:27 #

Much, much, much improved.
    I don’t mind the modified cut, the original might have been too much for her. I think she would have looked uncomfortable.
    She looks especially amazing from the neck up. Lovely makeup and keep saying no to bangs, Jess :D

6. Noemi (WBiS) December 6, 2012 at 12:10 #

I wish I was matronly like Jessica Biel!! She looks great here, she’s one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, but the dress is quite ugly, honestly. I wouldn’t define it an improvement, because I usually like her.

7. DorianGray December 6, 2012 at 12:15 #

LOVE this dress oh her. I hope someone else give credit to this Versace collection more than Heidi Klum did.

8. the ogre December 6, 2012 at 12:19 #

great dress and she has the body to carry it off..but even then shes not working the dress the way its supposed to be…maybe has something to do with poise or stance maybe..dunno..she looked much better on the ellen degeneres show…more herself..

9. robbie December 6, 2012 at 12:29 #

i cant see any look from this collection without thinking of how heidi would absolutely ruin ever look. thankfully jessica looks beautiful in this dress however she really needs to “work” this look.

10. Naomie December 6, 2012 at 13:00 #

Feels a bit much with the cut and the belt and the sleeve. The sleeve makes this look borderline tacky.
    However, great color on her ans her make up is great.

11. moja31 December 6, 2012 at 13:03 #

It looks a little bit like a leftover costume from the “I dream of Genie” set.

12. Jess2 December 6, 2012 at 13:07 #

Usually I just pass over Jessica’s looks as I don’t particularly like her style but this look definitely caught my eye. I like it and I think it is a step away from ‘boring Biel’. She really needs to up her attitude game to really rock this though.

• Nat39 December 6, 2012 at 18:54 #

She needs to up her attitude game indeed. She is a gorgeous sexy woman but there is still some dowdiness left in her presence, she needs to shake that off too.

13. dee December 6, 2012 at 13:25 #

This is much more like it. She looks gorgeous.

14. Rafael December 6, 2012 at 13:33 #

I actually hate the look on the runway, I didn’t like the over all collection it self. But I kind of like it on Jessica. I like the modification, it suits her body type much better than the model. Again I don’t like the dress it self but I think Jessica is wearing it quite nicely and I like that is not boring at all. She took a risk and I think she looked really pretty.

15. Christine December 6, 2012 at 14:43 #

She looks not that bad. I kinda like this look.

16. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang December 6, 2012 at 14:58 #

My reaction towards Jessica Biel is “She finally lost the bangsy fringe!!” as Jessica wows us with Hollywood glamour in this teal grey Versace number with slashed neckline and sheer one-sleeved detail!! I love that she kept the golden belt that comes well with the outfit and the side swept tresses that reveal the sexy neckline of the dress!! Perhaps Jessica’s on our BDOTW list!! She’s improving so much, it seems marriage makes her sexier!!

17. pipsqueak December 6, 2012 at 15:07 #

Both Biel and the model look like a new and improved Xena, the princess warrior.

18. shap_half December 6, 2012 at 15:14 #

She looks like Guinevere, and not in a good way.

19. TeaAtTwo December 6, 2012 at 15:26 #

I much prefer the with the modifications, I think it would have been too vulgar if worn as presented on the runway. It’s not exactly fashion forward but she does look sexy and lively without seeming try-hard and her body looks amazing especially around the waist. I like the make-up and the hair being glossy and no bangs.

20. Joan December 6, 2012 at 15:55 #

I absolutely love this on her!

21. Lisa December 6, 2012 at 16:03 #

I think this is almost great. It is a big improvement over her recent looks. I agree the alteration looks sloppy. Her hair and makeup are great. Overall, I give it a 85%.

22. Sara December 6, 2012 at 16:26 #

Much improved, and the modification doesn’t bother me, in that she has some plentiful assets that might have been on too much display for the premier, however I completely agree that the alteration was sewn quite sloppily.

23. Rebecca Z December 6, 2012 at 16:46 #

I just think it is a boring dress.

24. Prudence December 6, 2012 at 17:04 #

I love it, the fact that they closed up the cut doesnt really bother me, i didnt even notice. she has a great body and can deffs pulls this off. I am also thankful that she has smaller boobies.

25. Carrie Z December 6, 2012 at 17:13 #

I am just glad those bangs are gone!

26. Rocio Fuentes December 6, 2012 at 17:42 #

She has no bangs!!!
    Like the dress on her

27. Aline December 6, 2012 at 17:53 #

I’m just so stunned by how much I LOVE this. I had lost all hope on her. But she looks sensational here. The dress looks fabulous on her, plus the bangs are gone. So, BDOTW!

28. Yeliz December 6, 2012 at 18:26 #

No one will ever make me like this tacky collection. And that fix on Jessica’s version looks VERY sloppy.

• Linda December 7, 2012 at 17:35 #

Yes, it does. You’d think for a dress that expensive, they’d put a bit of effort into modifications.

That aside, I don’t like anything about this dress at all. The colour is dull, the gash across the chest is hideous and the belt is just awful. The fabric looks cheap, the one sleeve looks sloppy – there is really nothing good about this dress at all.

29. Amy December 6, 2012 at 19:24 #

I like this, it seems like everyone wears this collection (which i didn’t like) better than Klum.

30. Evil Britta December 6, 2012 at 23:46 #

I don’t think Klum ruined the collection, it was and continues to be a trainwreck without her help.

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2012 at 07:19 #

This made me LOL

31. mandy December 7, 2012 at 01:03 #

Thank god for MAKE UP and bangless hair. But i have a feeling she’ll fall into the fashion sewer again very very soon.

32. EmmaWoodhouse December 7, 2012 at 01:58 #

I love that she went bangs free, but that slash across the bodice is STILL super tacky despite her modification. If it had been a modest neckline, then the amazing skirt and belt would have been done justice. As it is, I’m not a fan.

33. Lisa December 7, 2012 at 03:26 #

She looks great, beautiful actually, but I agree with you, she should have been bold and not altered the dress. The dress screams sexy confidence and the alteration makes me wonder if she felt that she could only live up to one half of what was needed. She found her inner sexy now release the confidence.

34. sanya December 7, 2012 at 11:32 #

For me this BDOTW contender. She finally looks sexy, and Versace is saved :)