06.12.12

Following a three night stay at the King Edward VII hospital, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge left this morning telling reporters: “I’m feeling much better, thank you.”

Carrying a bouquet of flowers she wore a Diane von Furstenberg herringbone coat with pleats and a nipped in waist.

The classic patterned double-breasted coat with a modern silhouette was styled with her favourite Aquatalia black suede boots and a light-blue scarf.

A half up, half down hairstyle featured her new bangs framing her face nicely.

I’m sure you will join me in wishing the happy couple all the best in the next step of their married life.

Credit: Nordstrom & Getty

Katie Holmes' Alexander McQueen Chunky Aran-Knit Sweater

Katie Holmes’ Alexander McQueen Chunky Aran-Knit Sweater

Gerard Butler In Calvin Klein - Good Morning America

Gerard Butler In Calvin Klein – Good Morning America

31 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Diane Von Furstenberg – King Edward VII Hospital

1. Yeliz December 6, 2012 at 19:49 #

I’m so so happy for them. I wish them all the best.

Catherine looks gorgeous here. Love the hairstyle.

2. noo December 6, 2012 at 19:50 #

First, Congrats to the happy couple.

Second, I know most of us aren’t big fans of her style but she always wows me when she looks this polished! weather it’s for her passport photo or getting out of the hospital she looks elegant and superb!

Third, I look forward to see what sort of maternity dresses sarah burton comes up with!

• Fashion Critic December 6, 2012 at 19:55 #

Agreed on ALL points…looking forward to her maternity style…and secretly hoping for a girl, not matter what it means in the long run.

She will be all kinds of GORGEOUS with those genes.

• noo December 6, 2012 at 23:29 #

I am hoping for a girl too :D She’ll be branded a mini-style-icon XD

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2012 at 07:20 #

Like Suri Cruise, but without the temper tantrums :)

• Georgia December 8, 2012 at 07:16 #

And she won’t be able to recycle old looks either as her tummy keeps growing!

• Fashion Critic December 8, 2012 at 08:07 #

Good point :)

• Jess2 December 7, 2012 at 02:52 #

I agree completely!

• Betelgeuze December 6, 2012 at 23:38 #

It was so nice and cheering to hear the great news.

• Ruth December 7, 2012 at 01:32 #

Congrats Catherine & William!

And she looks amazingly polished, especially here, especially coming out of the hospital for morning sickness. I hope this is the first and last of any health issues for this family.

3. Odette December 6, 2012 at 19:54 #

Nice look I guess. I just hope their children have relatively normal lives. I don’t envy their kids because it must be a bit crazy to be a royal. But I am sure Will and Kate will be splendid parents, as they are quite grounded and centered.

• Fashion Critic December 6, 2012 at 20:03 #

“as they are quite grounded and centered.” – Agreed.

4. brit December 6, 2012 at 19:54 #

glad she’s feeling better :)

5. GGG December 6, 2012 at 19:55 #

Gorgeous, as always! Best wishes to the happy couple!

6. mm December 6, 2012 at 20:10 #

So very happy for them.

7. Christine December 6, 2012 at 20:18 #

Wish them the best.

Nice coat.

8. dee December 6, 2012 at 21:22 #

She looks great. Hope all goes well for them and their baby.

9. SS December 6, 2012 at 22:18 #

I’m glad Catherine is feeling better. She looks really good here. In fact, this might be the best that I have seen her look since her wedding.

10. T from Sydney December 6, 2012 at 22:35 #

I’m so happy for them!!!

Kate has always been beautiful but she is just glowing!!!

I can’t wait for her maternity style.

• Rash December 7, 2012 at 05:48 #

+1.
      Congrats to the couple, and she is already glowing :)

11. TeaAtTwo December 6, 2012 at 23:24 #

The half-up hairstyle looks great.

Best wishes to the couple.

12. Odette December 7, 2012 at 01:35 #

I have three predictions [add your thoughts FC] to Kate’s maternity style:

She will wear pieces that kinda hide it- she will pull a Malin Ackerman by ‘not acknowledging’ it while she’s still quite small

Then, when she really starts showing she will wear empire waist [Temperley London makes tons] and [Issa and DVF] wrap dresses.

And/or she will just have designers make custom pieces, which is the easy way out in a way.

She won’t be creative like Victoria Beckham by wearing fashion-forward shapes or ponchos.

What do you all think?

• Linda December 7, 2012 at 17:19 #

I can totally see all of that coming true. VB did have some great maternity style.

13. Molly December 7, 2012 at 01:43 #

I almost didnt recognize her without the usual ten pounds of makeup and sausage curls. She looks very pretty, much better than I would look right after getting out of the hospital! Congrats on the baby, but lets not hold our breath on decent maternity fashion. I fully anticipate smocks and baggy coats, but hopefully she will prove me wrong.

14. Jess2 December 7, 2012 at 02:51 #

I am so very happy for them and definitely wish them well on this exciting journey. I am glad that she is feeling better! For just spending a few days in hospital she looks beautiful and glowy. I really like the coat and her hair style here, I think she looks beautiful.

15. The Bride December 7, 2012 at 07:26 #

For someone who must have spent a lot of time retching, she looks so put together. Consider me in my morning-sickness phase – two months of not combing my hair and wishing I could go to work in my PJs.

16. Gro December 7, 2012 at 12:23 #

I really like how the light blue scarf and the deep blue coat matches Williams outfit.
    They are a really cute couple :)

17. EmmaWoodhouse December 7, 2012 at 15:37 #

Congrats to them! So happy for them and they both look adorable here, beaming with joy–really, really lovely. I’m looking forward to her maternity style A LOT as I love her everyday style and have this feeling that she might get even better with a baby on the way. The yellow bouquet is great against her coat. This picture just makes me happy to see. SO CUTE! :)

18. vava December 7, 2012 at 16:00 #

I like the coat and she looks really good. I think the makeup is great and it’s nice to see her wear lower heeled footgear. I’m really looking foward to seeing her maternity wardrobe.

19. Joy December 7, 2012 at 18:44 #

Could she be more adorable? I just love her! I love her fashionable, but oh so classic style. Could you imagine feeling so bad and having to be scrutinized and photographed all the time? I wish this lovely couple the BEST!

20. Ella December 9, 2012 at 08:07 #

I was admitted to hospital for the same thing as the Duchess last year, and I distinctly remember thinking “I don’t care what anybody thinks, I’m walking to the car in my pajamas”. Sure, Catherine looks better here than I ever will (sick or not), but I wonder if she secretly sort of wished she could do the same :)