05.12.12

Anna Wintour In Calvin Klein – ‘In Vogue: The Editor’s Eye’ Screening

Anna Wintour attended HBO’s ‘In Vogue: The Editor’s Eye’ screening at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City yesterday evening.

The editor-in-chief of American Vogue wore a custom Calvin Klein dress designed by Francisco Costa.

This geranium-coloured cashmere sleeveless shift dress with a flared skirt is very much a signature look for Ms Wintour.

What is shocking here is that she’s not wearing her Manolo Blahnik kitten heels. Yes, it is winter, but I was beginning to think those heels were super-glued to her feet.

Her favourite beaded necklace and signature bob come as no surprise, however.

Credit: Getty

Sophia Bush's Christian Louboutin Lipsinka Pin Heeled Python Pumps

Sophia Bush’s Christian Louboutin Lipsinka Pin Heeled Python Pumps

Poppy Delevingne In Chanel - Chanel: Metiers d'Art Pre-Fall 2013 Fashion Show

Poppy Delevingne In Chanel – Chanel: Metiers d’Art Pre-Fall 2013 Fashion Show

15 Responses to Anna Wintour In Calvin Klein – ‘In Vogue: The Editor’s Eye’ Screening

1. C December 5, 2012 at 10:29 #

FC-Tory Burch, pictured with Wintour, is wearing Juan Carlos Obando SS13 L2 minus belt.

Re: AW… nice to see different shoes but would have preferred something else than this. The dress is beautifully cut to her.

• TeaAtTwo December 5, 2012 at 11:55 #

Tory’s dress is really nice.

2. newstep December 5, 2012 at 10:42 #

I think she should start considering wearing dresses that cover her arms. sleeveless dressses reveal her flabby armpits.

3. TeaAtTwo December 5, 2012 at 11:12 #

This dress is nicer than most of the Calvin Klein designs we’ve seen on red carpet, Their Fall 2012 is alot better than the Spring 2012/2013 collections. I find it funny that Anna either wears her beloved nude sandals or knee high boots but never a pumps.

4. Noemi (WBiS) December 5, 2012 at 11:27 #

I think this is the first time I see her with boots, not with nude Manolo’s, anyway. We usually see her with a cardigan on her shoulders and I think she shouldn’t show her armpits and wear short sleeves dresses. Her arms are quite toned considering her age, but her armpits aren’t so.

5. katie December 5, 2012 at 12:04 #

I love this colour and the shape of the dress on Anna

• Christine December 5, 2012 at 15:00 #

She looks different here but in a good way.

6. Jess2 December 5, 2012 at 14:29 #

Holy cow… Anna is wearing different shoes! I don’t like them with the dress at all but hey, it is a change. The dress is a great colour but a familiar silhouette for Anna. A little bored by this look.

• Yeliz December 5, 2012 at 22:12 #

ITA.

7. EmmaWoodhouse December 5, 2012 at 15:12 #

I’m glad she’s retired the Manolos for the moment, but those bboots are quite terrible. Other than that it’s a nice look–though nothing new from her.

• Alina December 5, 2012 at 15:55 #

I agree.

8. Sara December 5, 2012 at 15:58 #

I love Tory Burch’s dress, the color is divine

9. Amy December 5, 2012 at 17:22 #

WHAT? no manolo? I’m convinced she has a boot version of that shoe

10. Hannah December 6, 2012 at 01:46 #

Don’t be shocked. Anna has 4 pairs of foot wear : 2 slightly different nude cross over manolo kitten heels, and 2 pairs of boots: 1 black, 1 brown.There are exceptions, she once wore black sandals, ad she was spotted in flats, too.
    Here’s her in(probably) the same boots: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/10/20/bee-shaffer-in-peter-pilotto-anna-wintour-in-erdem-london-show-rooms-la-closing-cocktail-event/

11. Markness December 6, 2012 at 05:30 #

That dress needed sleeves. I’m surprised it wasn’t Prada, though. Haha! I remember when she attended “The Devil Wears Prada” premiere, she wore Prada! Ha! She’s either wearing Manolos or boots. Although, we never know those boots could be from Manolo. haha! But I am digging the dress + boots look. Like with Victoria Beckham and Madonna! Haha!