03.12.12

Salma Hayek In Gucci – 2012 Acapulco International Film Festival

Salma Hayek was glowing on the red carpet at the Acalpulco Film Festival in her native Mexico on Friday.

The actress wore a custom rose-colored Gucci gown which looks to be inspired by the Resort 2013 collection.

Soft bangs and orchid-pink lips added a romanticism to the cleavage-baring dress, which would’ve been tricky to pull off by an equally curvaceous woman without Salma’s signature charm.

She perfected the look by keeping it simple: a gold clutch that picked up on the opalescent beading at her waist, a barely-there manicure, and personal jewelry including her wedding ring.

Does this look work for you, or is Salma showcasing too much boobage?

Credit: Reuters

Katy Perry In Oscar de la Renta – 2012 Billboard Women in Music Luncheon

Katy Perry In Oscar de la Renta – 2012 Billboard Women in Music Luncheon

Amy Adams In Jenny Packham – Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences' 4th Annual Governors Awards

Amy Adams In Jenny Packham – Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences’ 4th Annual Governors Awards

58 Responses to Salma Hayek In Gucci – 2012 Acapulco International Film Festival

1. The Very Simon G December 3, 2012 at 11:25 #

JESUS… it’ looks like she’s hiding two bald men under that dress!!

I don’t like it. It’s a bit too mother-of-the-bride for me.

• Rash December 3, 2012 at 11:34 #

Hahaha ! Spot on about the overdose of the boobage.
      But I like the dress a lot, sad it was ruined by the twins.

• noo December 3, 2012 at 12:11 #

I agree!

• Christine December 3, 2012 at 15:54 #

LOL!!! Now I can’t unsee it :(

• Lisa December 3, 2012 at 21:19 #

When you can see viens in your breasts, it should be a warning. The look is ruined for me.

• Francois Bresmal December 4, 2012 at 23:04 #

Seriously I don’t even want to look at the dress, there’s too much boobage going on and it’s like noticeable from the moon! The second you see the picture, the second your mouths let a “BOOBS” go out. NO NO NO

2. CDC December 3, 2012 at 11:36 #

WAY too much boobage!
    The colour is lovely on her, but that’s about all that’s working for me here.

• Yeliz December 3, 2012 at 18:02 #

Ditto.

• Elaine2 December 4, 2012 at 14:54 #

yes, way too much boobage.

3. J December 3, 2012 at 11:40 #

I just don’t think any garment should look like it’s doing all the hard work, even if it is. The top looks like it’s about to rip open. She can still show off the ladies only with a little more fabric.

4. Kin December 3, 2012 at 11:44 #

I’m a little disgusted frankly. Reminds me of a cow each time i look at it

• Mari December 3, 2012 at 23:04 #

What a terrible comment. Even when covered, the big chest is stil there… Why would you call a big chested woman that?

The fit could be much improved, yes, but she was in the beachtown of her youth, ina tropical setting, she probably thought she could be more daring and sassier.

• Kin December 4, 2012 at 13:31 #

I commented in terms of the tailoring of the bust, not the exposure. the bust is too tight and thus doesn’t make the twins too visually appealing.

5. Noemi (WBiS) December 3, 2012 at 11:47 #

I like from head to neck. Great hair and make up but there’s too much boobage, and I agree about The Very Simon, “too mother of the bride”.

6. mia December 3, 2012 at 11:50 #

man this dress actually looks scary because of those boobs. i mean – shouldn’t celebs be wearing frocks and looks that we (normal) people WANT to wear? i actually feel scared to look at these images of salma :S

7. zineb December 3, 2012 at 11:52 #

Although I think there is WAY too much boobage, I still believe the Salma Hayek/Gucci collaboration is probably one of the greatest celebrity/designer collab. That’s what works best for her!

8. Nat December 3, 2012 at 11:58 #

This is terrible.
    I can’t believe that her of all people can’t manage to wear a dress that’s actually the right size for her. I mean, girl, you basically have unlimited access to almost everything and you come up with this? Meh.
    Also, the bangs are not very flattering to her face.

9. Linda December 3, 2012 at 12:05 #

Okay, I don’t think we need to go overboard on “disgust” and being “scared” of her breasts, as some have commented.

On first look, it looked a bit mother of the bride-ish to me because of the colour and the darting on the bodice, but upon second glance, the colour is lovely on her and the dress is nice too.

10. justme December 3, 2012 at 12:06 #

She has big boobs. I’m not going to shame her for it by asking her to put them away, cover up, etc…

So go for it, Salma, flaunt your assets.

• Mandy December 3, 2012 at 12:14 #

Exactly. She isn’t ‘scary’ or ‘disgusting’ she just went a size too small, possibly two.

• roxy December 3, 2012 at 12:46 #

• justme December 3, 2012 at 14:12 #

Precisely.

• Emmeline December 3, 2012 at 15:30 #

Agreed.

I had no idea that a little too much cleavage could incite so much disgust within people.

• CTgirl December 3, 2012 at 13:18 #

I have a large chest but I know how to display the girls and when to keep them covered. While I don’t agree with the cow comments at all I do think that by wearing such an unflattering and ill fitting dress Salma is kind of asking for comments about her chest.

• Eirwen December 3, 2012 at 15:25 #

For me its not about the “boobage exposure”, it is totally about the fit, which is, oh my, so wrong up there.

• Gustavo Velasco December 3, 2012 at 18:49 #

+1, that´s what fashion is, express yourself right?

• brian t December 3, 2012 at 19:53 #

The boobs aren’t all that big, actually; it’s the rest of her that’s tiny ..!

11. Joy December 3, 2012 at 12:44 #

Seriously? WAAAY too much boobage. Coming from a girl with minus A cups, but I digress.

This whole 70’s bridesmaid look doesn’t do it for me. Maybe if I could have gotten past the boobs, I could have seen it differently. The whole feathered hair 70’s vibe is not my new favorite trend. However, I did love it on Princess Kate.

12. Angela R. December 3, 2012 at 12:51 #

For me this looks simply cheap or tacky, as you prefer. The dress is beautiful but it should ve been worn by someone with much more classy and refined taste than Salma.
    She can be married with one of the richest men in the world, but it seems she has not learn so much about elegance and refinement yet -will she some day?-.

13. Ingeborg December 3, 2012 at 12:58 #

Terrible!!!

14. Tracy L December 3, 2012 at 13:22 #

She is a gorgeous woman. However, way too much boobage. You’d think with her husband being who he is, she could afford a good tailor!

• Mari December 3, 2012 at 14:02 #

Such sexist comments on this post. To (a) compare her to a cow and (b) suggest that it’s her husband who pays for her clothes (and the implied control that carries) when she’s an incredibly successful multimillionaire in her own right is just so derogatory. I’m not disgusted by her boobs but I am disgusted by some of these comments.

• nicoletta December 3, 2012 at 21:57 #

agree on a) and b)…

I would add a C) curvaceous doesn’t mean disgusting or cow-like… it’s very easy to dress a model like figure with a- cup, but the real issue are real women.

• SilentVisitor December 4, 2012 at 12:10 #

Does that mean models are not real women??? I have heard that statement quite often. what does that mean exactly?

• Sara December 4, 2012 at 21:05 #

Just that the “average” woman, has curves & carries an extra few pounds. As opposed to a model, that is paid to be thin, was most likely born that way,& has no body fat…

15. Mary Gatto December 3, 2012 at 13:59 #

We get it, Salma. We get it. Now calm down…

16. katie December 3, 2012 at 14:02 #

Eekkk keep the puppies under wraps!!!!

17. Ayesha December 3, 2012 at 14:03 #

ohh…definitely too much!!

18. dee December 3, 2012 at 14:17 #

The dress doesn’t flatter her curves. Her breasts look smushed and she looks bottom heavy.

19. Jess2 December 3, 2012 at 14:19 #

There is boobage and then there is the case of squashing and smothering the girls. I like the dress, the detail is quite nice but 1. Gucci….how predictable and 2. Fashion is amazing and a lady can wear amazing pieces and look fantastic without over-doing the boobage. I know it can be hard as I also have a large chest but it can be done.

20. Rebecca Z December 3, 2012 at 15:17 #

I like the dress, but agree that the bodice is a little too revealing and too tight. A little gentler approach to the bodice would have worked so much better.

21. Amy December 3, 2012 at 15:45 #

That dress just straight-up doesn’t fit her, so I don’t feel like I can even get a handle on how she looks in it.

22. Odette December 3, 2012 at 15:50 #

She should go down a size, as most of her looks are ruined by booage. But I love everything else. She looks cute otherwise.

23. SilentVisitor December 3, 2012 at 15:56 #

I like her make-up but don’t like the hair that much. I think the dress is amazing but the fit is totally wrong.

24. Amy December 3, 2012 at 16:22 #

I like Salma and her twins. But this is just too much. It’s a nice dress but her boobs look so squashed. not nice.

25. Karen nguyen December 3, 2012 at 16:48 #

I dont think the comments/posts above are sexist at all. Some of them are actually correct! May be a little harsh but I understand some of us are passionate with words when it comes to fashion. For me this picture of Salma is a nightmare. It’s a shame that she made a probably gorgeous expensive dress into a tacky cheap looking dress. The truth is she married very well, has access to the most spectacular clothes and yet turns up a horrible fashion miss every time. Especially when she over exposes her boobs. Which is very frequent. She should stick to just black.

26. Karen December 3, 2012 at 17:21 #

She looks less cheap in black!

27. mm December 3, 2012 at 18:29 #

The fit across the breast is not right. i am not sure what i more i can say about salma and her boobs, she is just inconsistent on the red carpet. her hair is lovely though

28. GGG December 3, 2012 at 18:42 #

That looks painful. And super tacky. Epic fashion fail.

29. EmmaWoodhouse December 3, 2012 at 22:56 #

I know that she can flatter her body shape, but she consistently does not. This is another terrible look–so revealing, so tight, so painful and so dangerously close to a wardrobe malfunction. I don’t believe in body-bashing, but she’s practically inviting negative comments when she does something like this. Waist down and neck up it’s fine, but the bodice is a complete fail.

30. Pat December 4, 2012 at 02:42 #

So sad that she feels so insecure that at her age she must try to convince the world she is still hot. She could take lessons from Helen Mirren on how to be stunning, sexy, and age approriate while displaying her bustline tastefully.

31. Valeria December 4, 2012 at 04:43 #

Revealing can be very sexy and tasteful but this is horribly done, the fit of the bodice is not right for her figure. As much as I dislike extreme cleavages on well-endowed women (they are too easily crossing Tackiville border) I think she could have done this one tastefully had she looked in the mirror a week or so before even when changes could still be done

32. Taylor December 4, 2012 at 05:14 #

Not as bad as ppl are making it…so the woman has big boobs, give her a break

33. callisto December 4, 2012 at 12:14 #

i don’t to you guys but this is just a plain sartorial slaughter, enough of the boobage Salma, Ms Hendricks has already this kind of gimick

34. gabis December 4, 2012 at 19:33 #

The majority of the comments above have already stated pretty well my thoughts on all the boobage going on here so I will just complement saying that I really dislike her bangs and the beading at her waist looks like a Christmas decoration.

35. Dhppy December 5, 2012 at 01:32 #

The top simply doesn’t fit, and the gown itself looks like she’s a bridesmaid. Also, the clutch seems large and out of place. Nothing works. She’s still a very beautiful woman, though. Nothing can diminish that.

36. Manolia December 5, 2012 at 08:37 #

OMG Seriously her Boobs prevented me from looking at the dress although the dress, hair & smile are fabulous:D