Katy Perry In Marchesa – ‘Trevor Live’ Event

Katy Perry had quite a weekend.

Following her honour of being named at Billboard’s ‘Women of the Year’, she was also honoured at The Trevor Project’s 2012 ‘Trevor Live’ event, held at the Hollywood Palladium in California on Sunday evening.

The singer wore a Marchesa Resort 2013 gown.

Her delicate floor-length lace gown, featuring all-over beading, embroidery and full-length illusion sleeves, was styled with a Lena Erziak ‘Adam’ salmon apple-shaped bag with a golden leaf and matching gold chain plus a gold pendant necklace.

Katy tried to channel an earthy boho vibe by adding a braided accent to her luscious raven locks.

This gown is a considerable improvement on her last look, yet I’m not screaming for this to be up for BDOTW.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Leslie Mann In Emilio Pucci – Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' 4th Annual Governors Awards

Leslie Mann In Emilio Pucci – Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ 4th Annual Governors Awards

Jessica Biel In Wes Gordon – The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Jessica Biel In Wes Gordon – The Ellen DeGeneres Show

18 Responses to Katy Perry In Marchesa – ‘Trevor Live’ Event

1. the Very Simon G December 3, 2012 at 20:29 #

Eeeeek, the one time I’m gunna say it… I don’t like Marchesa. On Katy anyway. Not the right dress for her. Nope. Sorry. No.

• tiffany December 3, 2012 at 20:51 #

2. dee December 3, 2012 at 20:35 #

I think the dress is really pretty but it just looks OK on Katy. Kinda makes her appear heavier than what she is. Hate the hair especially the braid. It doesn’t work with the style of the gown. The necklace is lost and unneccessary. I love the bag.

3. Nat39 December 3, 2012 at 20:35 #

The gown is too tight (esp. in the hip area) and doesn’t create an elegant lean silhouette on Katy, the necklace is unnecessary with all the beading on the gown, and her overly dark loose hair is jarring against this pretty ethereal gown. Gorgeous and elegant on the model, dowdy and unflattering on Katy.

• Linda December 3, 2012 at 22:30 #

I have to agree with you. Dowdy came to mind. Strange, she has a fantastic figure, but does tend to opt toward dresses that don’t showcase it very well. Looks like a million bucks on the model.

• Beta December 4, 2012 at 07:41 #

same thoughts here. Katy tends to go for too tight on her dresses, and while she has the figure for it, some dresses loose the appeal of ethereal like you said

4. Yeliz December 3, 2012 at 20:56 #

Nope, it’s not BDOTW worthy. The gown is too tight on her and the necklace is unnecessary. The overall look is nice though and I love that bag.

5. gabis December 3, 2012 at 20:56 #

I’m quite shocked about how much I love this gown given it’s a Marchesa. This proves they can still make gorgeous pieces when they give tule a break. Too bad it’s too tight for Katy Perry and it came across not as lean and elegant as it should be. It looks much much better on the model.
    I detest the styling. From the unnecessary necklace to the gold chained purse and the braided accent, it’s all just bad and not working with the gown. At this point I’m glad I can’t see her shoes because I’m sure they’re pretty bad.

6. Leti December 3, 2012 at 21:19 #

This reminds me of her 2010 Grammys dress, seen here:

Frankly, I think the previous dress worked much better, probably because of the fit.

• noo December 4, 2012 at 09:07 #

she was thinner back then, not that i think she’s fat but column gowns worked better on thinner katy!

7. Rebecca Z December 3, 2012 at 22:10 #

Agree with all these comments. She needs a better bra and a better hair style. And one size bigger in the gown–it should kiss her body, not maul it.

8. Odette December 3, 2012 at 22:52 #

I am pleased to report that this is Katy Perry’s 11th classy look IN A ROW.

*Closes eyes and folds hands*
    Please make this a change in style direction, titled “Klassy Katyliciousness”.

Klassy Katyliciousness began with her silvery Dolce & Gabbana at the Rio De Janeiro premiere of ‘Katy Perry: Part Of Me’.

As FC would say, may it long continue.

9. Prudence December 3, 2012 at 23:03 #

I hate to say it but she looks a lil chunky and the dress does nothing to hide it. this dress is for a model or for someone tall and slim like stacy keibs, not katy perry with her big boobs and her curves. deffs not a BDOTW.

10. EmmaWoodhouse December 3, 2012 at 23:36 #

Whilst I appreciate Katy’s new classy direction, this is not working for her. The hairstyle is wiggish, the dress is unflattering and washes her out, and the overall look falls flat. On Diane Kruger this would have been a dream but it does not suit Katy.

11. Christine December 4, 2012 at 02:18 #

Not liking this look on her.

12. Lola December 4, 2012 at 08:52 #

The dress is way to small….she walkewd right into the: “I’m definetely a size 6-trap”…A marchesa gown demands a certain elegance…loose fit. Most people can’t carry off that look…

13. justme December 4, 2012 at 10:44 #

She has either gained weight or the dress is too tight.
    Either way, as a result, the whole look doesn’t feel as gracious as it should.

14. Jess2 December 4, 2012 at 13:36 #

Unfortunately I don’t like it. While the dress is beautiful I don’t find it flattering on Katy, particularly in the chest area and I especially don’t like her hair, for the second look in a row. I also find the makeup a little too dark for such a light and delicate dress. I really want to love it but its not happening.