Carly Rae Jepsen In Rachel Zoe – 2012 Billboard Women in Music Luncheon

Carly Rae Jepsen zipped into a sparkly blue Rachel Zoe frock for Billboard’s Women in Music Luncheon on Friday.

The playful design from the stylist-turned reality star-turned designer’s Resort 2013 collection looked pitch-perfect on Carly, though I can’t say the same about her oversize DVF clutch and matte-mauve lipstick.

For a rock’n’roll industry event such as this, Carly could’ve gone edgier by subbing in sleeker accessories: a leather cuff in lieu of that forgettable bracelet, a pair of noirish single-sole Alexander Wang slingbacks over those Brian Atwood covered-platform clunkers, and topped it off with her dark tresses pulled back into a low ponytail.

How would you have reaccessorized Carly’s look?

You can buy Carly’s Diane von Furstenberg ‘Carolina Lips’ clutch from
Matches Fashion Global and Matches Fashion UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rihanna In Nini Nguyen - 'Nude' Fragrance Launch

Rihanna In Nini Nguyen – ‘Nude’ Fragrance Launch

Kim Min-Hee in Versace – 33rd Blue Dragon Film Awards

Kim Min-Hee in Versace – 33rd Blue Dragon Film Awards

10 Responses to Carly Rae Jepsen In Rachel Zoe – 2012 Billboard Women in Music Luncheon

1. noo December 3, 2012 at 14:11 #

these huge clutches really don’t belong on the red carpet, also I would have worn the dress with some nice sandals!

2. Rebecca Z December 3, 2012 at 15:30 #

REally cute dress, but I agree she killed it with the clutch. I can live with the shoes–her hair is also too heavy.

3. Christine December 3, 2012 at 15:45 #

Not liking this super sweet look. I can’t believe she is 27 years old. You would never guess.

4. Jones19 December 3, 2012 at 17:55 #

Love this dress but I agree, her styling is blah.

5. Yeliz December 3, 2012 at 18:27 #

The dress suits her perfectly and it’s also the only thing I like here.

6. Nat39 December 3, 2012 at 19:59 #

The dress feels a bit too cutesy and childish, and her hair and accessories don’t work for me either.

7. LizLemoooon December 3, 2012 at 20:52 #

I would have given her multi-coloured strappy platform sandals, something cool and edgy, a colour pop clutch in yellow/green or red OR a quirky clutch e.g. Lulu Guiness lips clutches.
    Would also swap the cuff for a colourful chunky ring or two.

8. EmmaWoodhouse December 3, 2012 at 23:14 #

Her best look ever, if she’d only switched the clutch for a little gold one, ditched the bangs and pulled her hair back.

9. pipsqueak December 4, 2012 at 00:22 #

She’s so overrated. Her style in general has a “been there, dine that” feel. She looks like Daisy Lowe’s sister.

10. Jess2 December 4, 2012 at 03:59 #

Looove the dress but the styling is all wrong. A pony tail was definitely needed and I think that a gold Lulu Guiness lips clutch would have been a better choice. I also think sleeker slingbacks or strappy sandals would have worked better.