Mary Elizabeth Winstead was back on the red carpet last night, joining Lea Michele and Diane Kruger at the party for The Hollywood Foreign Press Association And InStyle Miss Golden Globe 2013, held at Cecconi’s Restaurant in California.

On this occasion she wore a Louis Vuitton Resort 2013 dress.

The bi-colour look, with a warm-brown asymmetrical one-sleeve top and A-line white skirt with buttons going down the side, has me sitting firmly on the fence.

Gold accessories including a Jimmy Choo clutch, Swarovski earrings plus, Carla Amorim and Melinda Maria rings were the right choice, but the red Max Azria shoes – although I like the colour, I don’t like the style.

Had they been simpler I think I would be praising her for stepping out of the box, but they don’t flow too well with the rest of her look.

Yay or nay on her shoe choice?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sienna Miller For Harper’s Bazaar UK January 2013

Sienna Miller For Harper’s Bazaar UK January 2013

Qin Lan In Stella McCartney - 'The Last Supper’ Beijing Premiere

Qin Lan In Stella McCartney – ‘The Last Supper’ Beijing Premiere

12 Responses to Mary Elizabeth Winstead In Louis Vuitton – The Hollywood Foreign Press Association And InStyle Miss Golden Globe 2013 Party

1. Rebecca Z November 30, 2012 at 18:26 #

The shoes are too heavy for the dress. But I don’t like the dress much anyway.

• Linda November 30, 2012 at 19:05 #

Agree. I don’t think anyone could really make this dress work and those shoes are making it worse.

2. Nat39 November 30, 2012 at 18:32 #

Big no to everything happening from the neck down – I don’t like the brown asymmetrical top-white skirt combo, I think it’s quite ugly, and the shoes hurt my eyes.

3. Kathy November 30, 2012 at 18:36 #

I honestly loathe this. The dress is baggy, and the shoes clash with the gold accessories. If you’re going to go with a metallic clutch, red chunky shoes are not the way to go.

4. robbie November 30, 2012 at 18:58 #

yay for the shoes from me, just glad she didnt opt for the truly, utterly hideous look book shoes. the actual outfit is boring as hell.

5. andrea November 30, 2012 at 20:04 #

The only thing I like is the skirt and the clutch. I think the concept of a half summer/half winter shirt is impractical – she probably got confused in opting for her footwear because the top spans too many seasons!! Open toes with winter outfits have always bothered me (unless there are tights worn) The model’s shoes are horrid.

6. Aline November 30, 2012 at 20:52 #

After just checking the previous post featuring her, this comes as an awful surprise. I really strongly dislike this.

7. Yeliz November 30, 2012 at 22:51 #

Apparently I’m the only one liking this look. Yes, it’s not her best look, but I think she still looks very nice.

8. Christine November 30, 2012 at 23:05 #

Nothing works here.

9. Jess2 December 1, 2012 at 06:50 #

Nay on the some choice, the whole look is a but nay actually.

10. EmmaWoodhouse December 2, 2012 at 19:12 #

Everyone has their off days and I’m sorry to see her first…the dress is ugly and ill-fitted, the shoes are clunky and mismatched to the dress, the clutch, her earrings, hair and makeup are lovely though.

11. katie December 3, 2012 at 14:13 #

Nay on the entire outfit, its like a big sack with no shape whatsoever