Jessica Chastain In Andrew Gn – ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ LA Press Conference

Jessica Chastain attended a press conference held at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel in California on Wednesday afternoon for her latest movie, ‘Zero Dark Thirty’.

The hardest-working woman in Hollywood wore an Andrew Gn Spring 2013 dress, our first look at this collection on the red carpet.

While this exact royal-blue dress didn’t take to the runway last month, it does retain the cross-over bodice, black button detailing and wide leather belt.

The main difference is that Jessica’s version doesn’t have any buttons on her skirt, which has a looser fit and pleated details.

Sporting a dewy glow, Jessica styled her hair into a half-up, half-down hairstyle with Gucci t-bar black sandals completing the look.

Which look do you prefer? The fitted runway look or Jessica’s version?

I’d love the runway fit in Jessica’s royal-blue hue.

Credit: Style.com & Barcroft Media

Elle Fanning In Creatures of the Wind & Marni - The Variety Studio: Awards Edition Event

Elle Fanning In Creatures of the Wind & Marni – The Variety Studio: Awards Edition Event

John Krasinski In Jack Spade & Citizens of Humanity - TimesTalk Presents An Evening With Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon & Gus Van Sant

John Krasinski In Jack Spade & Citizens of Humanity – TimesTalk Presents An Evening With Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon & Gus Van Sant

11 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Andrew Gn – ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ LA Press Conference

1. Molly November 30, 2012 at 12:47 #

I agree with you completely, FC — runway fit, blue color. The fuller skirt without buttons combined with the wrap of the top turns this sleek look into something a little matronly. And the buttons on the top look a little lonely and random without their counterparts on the skirt. (But of course, the buttons would look ridiculous on the full skirt.) Not a fan of this hair style on Jessica. Looks flat and very last-minute. But I LOVE the hue of her hair against this blue!

• Rebecca Z November 30, 2012 at 15:19 #

I agree. Love her shoes.

• Aline November 30, 2012 at 20:34 #

Agreed.

2. Ramsay November 30, 2012 at 12:58 #

Is that all what the “best dressed lady” has to offer? That Vanity Fair list is a joke

3. Yeliz November 30, 2012 at 13:08 #

I would love the runway version in that royal blue as well, but I think she looks great here nevertheless.

4. EmmaWoodhouse November 30, 2012 at 13:51 #

I like both versions–the royal blue is lovely and frankly Jessica is still up for BDOTW in my book!

5. dee November 30, 2012 at 14:12 #

I like both versions. I think the looser fit bottom is more flattering on Jessica. I am glad she opted to wear the dress how she did. That color blue looks fabulous on her.

6. Christine November 30, 2012 at 14:52 #

I prefer the runway versions

7. Jess2 November 30, 2012 at 15:24 #

I like Jessica’s version but would definitely prefer the runway silhouette in royal blue. She looks lovely in the dress, the colour is great on her but I don’t like her hair.

8. Amy November 30, 2012 at 21:16 #

Jess version is pretty but the runway is sexier and much more interesting.

9. Beta December 3, 2012 at 08:43 #

I love this dress on Jessica. I dont know, I have a feeling that the runway pencil skirt version might be unflattering on her (as pencil skirts imo only flatter the skinny). She looks lovely, love this look H2T