30.11.12

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – St Andrews School Visit

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, visited her former school, St Andrews, in Pangbourne, England this afternoon, where she attended between 1986 and 1995, to meet and greet the teachers and students.

She donned a green-and-navy tartan print by her favourite British label, Alexander McQueen, paying homage to her former school uniform, which I thought was a nice touch.

After all, she wants to be considered the people’s princess.

Her tailored tartan look was styled with a black clutch and black suede knee boots.

After two so-so attempts to impress this week, this is one of her best looks in a long while.

Credit: Getty

James Van Der Beek In Calvin Klein - DETAILS Hollywood Mavericks Party

James Van Der Beek In Calvin Klein – DETAILS Hollywood Mavericks Party

Sienna Miller For Harper’s Bazaar UK January 2013

Sienna Miller For Harper’s Bazaar UK January 2013

18 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – St Andrews School Visit

1. moja31 November 30, 2012 at 17:59 #

umm sorry but this is heinous. It’s frightening to think how much this cost.

2. Nat39 November 30, 2012 at 18:16 #

This is def. one of her better looks in a while, the dress is quite conservative but has an interesting shape that works so well for her figure without a hint of matronliness.

3. Rebecca Z November 30, 2012 at 18:24 #

Pretty look.

4. robbie November 30, 2012 at 19:59 #

this looks cheap and the saddest part is it probably a couple of thousand. this is like something my gran would wear on hogmanay.

• Elaine2 December 1, 2012 at 14:51 #

I think this is one of her worst looks. It makes her look even more flat chested, and also sort of thick in the waist. The skirt has too much fullness and it’s a couple of inches too long. It’s a very matronly and COSTUMEY look. The boots are beyond hideous. And that she was playing hockey in this monstrosity indicates she’s not very bright. Those heels are a safety hazard on the astro turf. Why is this woman so incredibly CLUELESS?

• Kim December 2, 2012 at 06:39 #

Wow, RUDE much? Obviously she didn’t know that she would be playing hockey. Looks *even more flat chested*? I didn’t know body wank was allowed on this site. Every woman has a different shape. Flat chested women are just as gorgeous as full chested women. Both are also typically respected around here.

• Elaine2 December 2, 2012 at 18:12 #

Clothing design can emphasize and flatter a person’s shape. Just like a great pair of jeans can make a person’s rear look fantastic. In that light, I make the observation on the cut of this McQueen coat. The Duchess has better designed clothing than this particular garment, items that flatter her shape. This dress/coat just doesn’t do that.

5. Amy November 30, 2012 at 21:21 #

I don’t like this, the print is nice but with that shape it just doesn’t do it for me.

6. Leeann November 30, 2012 at 22:13 #

Has this woman ever heard of an accessory? This dress is in dire need of something. and those hideous black boots!!,,,,

7. noo November 30, 2012 at 22:27 #

As somebody who never expects Catherine to look good, I really love this! I love the broad-ish shoulders and the hip detail and the flair in the skirt, it keeps me from yawning…

8. Yeliz November 30, 2012 at 22:44 #

I think this is just OK, I liked her Max Mara look more.

9. Christine November 30, 2012 at 23:07 #

Ok look but improved.

10. Molly December 1, 2012 at 02:25 #

The tartan print is all kinds of awful but the style is nice. This really reminds me of an outfit that Lady Diana wore in the early years of her marriage only I think hers was red, but the style and tartan was pretty much the same as Kates.
    This would be fabulous in that stunning McQueen fuchsia with a low bun and some better shoes.

11. Jess2 December 1, 2012 at 06:19 #

Not great but not terrible. I think it would have been better had the skirt been a little shorter and perhaps a three quarter sleeve. But that probably isn’t weather appropriate.

12. Grace Patricia December 2, 2012 at 02:08 #

It’s just hanging on her waist, shouldn’t it be a little tighter?

13. Kim December 2, 2012 at 06:33 #

What a fantastic coat. I love McQueen’s tartan coats, and this one is fabulous. I love the skirt of the coat in the back. I’ll take one.

14. MEME December 2, 2012 at 14:00 #

I love McQueen… but NOPE!!!… that pattern is hideous… even Iris wouldn’t wear this and she’s in her 90′s….

15. EmmaWoodhouse December 2, 2012 at 19:14 #

LOVE this. So pretty–I love McQueen’s tartans. The style is fabulous, and it’s a nice homage to her school–and it feels like an (elegant) reinvention of the 80s, so a bit of a nod to Princess Di as well?