Taylor Swift In Elie Saab – 2012 ARIA Awards

Taylor Swift attended the 2012 ARIA Awards held at the Sydney Entertainment Centre 2012 in Sydney, Australia earlier today.

The country singer looked absolutely breath-taking wearing an Elie Saab Spring 2013 gown.

Her ivory sleeveless chiffon gown with a banded bodice is a beautiful ethereal look, but sadly it was so wrong for the occasion.

With the majority of the stars on this red carpet wearing mini dresses with futuristic prints, Taylor looked a tad overdressed, clearly not judging the vibe of this event correctly.

I won’t deny she looks stunning, especially the way she styled her look with a chic updo and stunning jewels, but this is a classic case of right dress, wrong occasion but still a BDOTW contender.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zoe Saldana - L’Agence & Rag & Bone - Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection Launch Event

Zoe Saldana – L’Agence & Rag & Bone – Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection Launch Event

Ashley Tisdale's Free People Vanity Fair Slip Dress

Ashley Tisdale’s Free People Vanity Fair Slip Dress

36 Responses to Taylor Swift In Elie Saab – 2012 ARIA Awards

1. Betelgeuze November 29, 2012 at 14:49 #

She looks stunning. Love the hairdo.
    She does look very out of place on this event’s red carpet, but as the dress is just light and nice and not accompanied by any form of bling, she gets a pass from me.
    Definitely BDOTW poll worthy.

2. Jess2 November 29, 2012 at 14:54 #

Had the other girls done the prints and mini-dresses well I would have said that this was not right for the occasion, but considering Jess Mauboy in a gown by Alex Perry was one of the best dressed of the event then I have no problem with this look. She looks stunning and I love that she is mixing it up with the makeup and taking some time away from the red lip.

3. admmgz November 29, 2012 at 15:09 #

Gorgeous! BDOTW contender

4. Christine November 29, 2012 at 15:11 #

Gorgeous but yes wrong event.

Knowing Taylor she’s into angelic and not risky.

5. Moxie November 29, 2012 at 15:15 #

Definitely a BDOTW contender. White but not overly bridal looking. Different than Elie Saab’s usual designs.

• Kathy November 29, 2012 at 18:35 #

Agreed! It’s hard for white/ivory downs not to look too bridal, but this one doesn’t and is still elegant in its own way.

6. Odette November 29, 2012 at 15:37 #

Overdressed, and we’ve seen this look many times before.

I am surprised her stylist chose this for her, as it washes her out.

THIS was the event for a Collette Dinnigan sparkly mini no?

• Jess2 November 29, 2012 at 16:27 #

Oh how I wish someone, anyone, went for a Colette Dinnigan sparkly mini!

• Alice November 30, 2012 at 06:51 #

7. Alina November 29, 2012 at 15:39 #

Beautiful!

8. Grace November 29, 2012 at 15:52 #

I’m so bored with her.

9. Rafael November 29, 2012 at 15:56 #

Wow this is how you look amazing without a hint of try hard. Taylor is so elegant, graceful, sophisticated and glamorous. I think everyone else at this event looked ridiculous.

10. Nat November 29, 2012 at 17:03 #

She looks stunning, albeit probably a bit overdressed, but this is very deja vu from her. The front of the dress, for instance, reminds me of that white Maria Lucia Hohan she wore (althought I think that wasn’t floor-lenght, but still…the shape is quite similar).

11. Brian November 29, 2012 at 17:11 #

Maybe the real problem is everyone else under-dressed.

• Yeliz November 29, 2012 at 19:20 #

Yes, or everyone else not knowing how a flawless look looks like. Taylor looks stunning here. I love how she kept it simple. BDOTW contender event appropriate or not.

• mia November 29, 2012 at 21:24 #

so true. just because the majority of stars at this event looked WAY too out there and try hard. It comes down to the THEM being under-dressed, and Taylor looking as flawless as always in a sophisticated, mature and feminine way. Just proves she knocked everyone else out of the ring today with this look – and unlike them, has class while doing it :)

• Niki November 30, 2012 at 11:07 #

Totally agree. No one told poor Taylor that if you want to fit in at the Arias, you have to dress like a complete idiot. Oh, the shame I feel for my nation’s fashion sense!

12. Pedro November 29, 2012 at 18:01 #

Gorgeous! BDOTW for sure

• Fiona-Brasil November 29, 2012 at 19:35 #

+1.

13. Grace November 29, 2012 at 18:11 #

Does no one else find it too reminiscent of her teen choice awards look?

• Hannah November 29, 2012 at 19:20 #

Completely. And practically every other dres she has ever worn. So boring and uninspiring.

14. Kathy November 29, 2012 at 18:34 #

I don’t feel that she’s particularly over-dressed. The color makes it feel light and not too formal. It’s not the Grammys, but it’s still an award show and I think Taylor’s appriopriately dressed. She looks amazing.

15. Joan November 29, 2012 at 18:44 #

I dont mind that shes overdressed if she looks this gorgeous!
    BDODW contender for sure!

16. AnnaLee November 29, 2012 at 18:50 #

I really LOVE the dress, especially the lace on the sides.
    It does look a lot like the MLH dress from the Teen Choice Awards, but I loved that one too. BDOTW for sure.
    However, she looks very skinny… First time I really noticed that.

• Jane December 1, 2012 at 16:32 #

I think she looks thin too :(

17. Lynnette Lai November 29, 2012 at 21:30 #

I love the glamour that Taylor and Jess Maubouy brought to the Aria Red carpet cause honestly there were some atrocious prints and too many hipster clothing going around. Soon it will just be called the Aria Festival and everyone will show up dressed in festival clothes….

18. Amy November 29, 2012 at 21:47 #

okay dress! I don’t think she’s overdressed though as it’s still a major awards ceremony in Australia. maybe the others are underdressed

19. Alex November 29, 2012 at 21:47 #

I think this dress washes her out.

20. EmmaWoodhouse November 29, 2012 at 22:52 #

Aside from the sheer panels on the side and the slightly too low neckline, this is a gorgeous, elegant, and beautiful look from Taylor. Frankly I think she was the Best Dressed at this event, and is a worthy BDOTW contender. Her hair is beautiful here, I love the ivory on her, and the earrings are stunning! I’d take this over a flashy mini any day.

21. Andrew November 29, 2012 at 22:56 #

You may say wrong event, and yes, probably, but even still, she is certainly the best dressed there. In future reflections, this will be remembered, not the countless minidresses in garish colours paired with multi-stacked platforms that are worn far too often by poorly styled young women in the music industry.

22. Fiona November 29, 2012 at 22:59 #

I don’t think she is overdressed at all – the majority of the Australians were monstrously under-dressed that’s all. Taylor just shows what it is to be a star and dress like one. She looks impeccable, as Alex Perry would say “expensive”.

23. Jamie November 30, 2012 at 03:36 #

She looks spectacular! Right dress for a gorgeous young woman! She can never go wrong with an Elie Saab creation! He is a genius designer!

24. Lyvm November 30, 2012 at 06:34 #

She looks awesome so the wrong occasion thing can be overuled. Would’ve been bad if she was overdressed and looked bad. BDOTW!

25. Pene November 30, 2012 at 07:12 #