On Tuesday, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, attended the official opening of The Natural History Museum’s Treasures Gallery in London.

Sporting a new layered hairstyle, she wore a Mulberry Fall 2011 dress.

The vintage-inspired dress, featuring a Peace and Love motif along with Mulberry trees, was styled with Jimmy Choo ‘Cosmic’ black pumps.

You won’t be surprised to learn that this is yet another recycled look – the Duchess first wore this dress to meet the media at Buckingham Palace exactly a year ago.

Are you excited about Kate’s new ‘do, or should I come back to you when she does something more drastic, like a ponytail or blunt bangs?

You can buy Kate’s Jimmy Choo ‘Cosmic’ pumps from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Taylor Swift's Kate Spade New York Olsen Colour Block Flare Dress

Taylor Swift’s Kate Spade New York Olsen Colour Block Flare Dress

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - Valentino: Master of Couture Private Viewing After-Party

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – Valentino: Master of Couture Private Viewing After-Party

39 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Mulberry – The Natural History Museum’s Treasures Gallery Official Opening

1. Andrea November 29, 2012 at 09:48 #

Snooze……so boring. I know she can’t take risks with her dressing, but seriously, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see this dress on the Queen! And the hair is terrible.

2. Markness November 29, 2012 at 09:50 #

Love her hair! Maybe she should do a pixie cut! haha! I want to see her wearing VB’s line. Even just the Victoria line. Or some Roland Mouret. In the wildest dreams, Zuhair Murad? Hahaha!

• noo November 29, 2012 at 12:18 #

We keep hoping for her to wear more interesting designers, then she does and the designs are usually pale and watered down (like her christopher kane look at the olympics). That is why I never want her to wear zuhair murad, she’ll just ruin him for us!
      Anyway, I adore that hair, it works with this style of dresses which she seems to love!

3. Ali November 29, 2012 at 10:07 #

Yawn. Its a big ‘No’ from me. The hair is so dated and she would look amazing with something more blunt and sleek. Dress is addng to the dated look. Sack the stylist!

• dee November 29, 2012 at 13:41 #

I agree. Very dated and matronly.

• Nat39 November 29, 2012 at 18:50 #

Plain matronly indeed esp. teamed with those dull pumps.

4. vicky November 29, 2012 at 10:07 #

“Wake me up when September ends…” comes to mind.
    Nothing worth writing home about.

5. ABC November 29, 2012 at 10:16 #

Kate and Pippa both look like they got lessons in fashion and makeup when they were 12.. from their Mum, and have stuck to those lessons ever since….
    ‘Regal elegance’ does not have to be so entirely (and repeatedly)one note…

6. Sara November 29, 2012 at 10:20 #

Yawn as usual. The fact that she got a haircut was in the paper here in Australia. Seriously. I read it in a newspaper.

Yeah, maybe she has to dress conservatively, but so does Michelle Obama, and she does it beautifully.

I guess she’s just not that into fashion. Which is fine, of course. If people would just stop calling her a ‘style icon’…

• Ramsay November 29, 2012 at 11:18 #

Yes – exactly my thinking

• Beta November 29, 2012 at 11:27 #

+1 agree on everything

• noo November 29, 2012 at 12:24 #

I never quite understand the style icon thing! There is no particular style of dress or coat that would remind of her. She doesn’t wear any signature accessory (except for a ring that was chosen by an actual style icon), and most importantly no style icon wears such drab court shoes all the time!

• Christine November 29, 2012 at 15:22 #

THANK YOU! I couldn’t agree more.

• Rahel December 1, 2012 at 11:11 #

I highly disagree. Michelle Obama can wear whatever she wants to. She’s a normal woman. But Katherine is the wife of the heir to the throne in a conservative monarchy. They expect from her to dress really conservative and boring while Michelle Obama’s dresses are always over the top.

• jill December 1, 2012 at 17:53 #

yeah that’s true.especially her shoes.my mom’s shoes more interesting than her’s.

• Jazz December 1, 2012 at 23:03 #

Michelle O is a normal woman? As the wife to the leader of the free world and “most powerful man in the world”, I should think her style is indeed scrutinized as CATHERINE’s (sp) is. American political culture dictates a conservative wardrobe. While Michelle’s clothing is stylish and interesting, it is never outlandish, gaudy or inappropriate.

7. Fiona November 29, 2012 at 10:29 #

I preferred her hair before, the layers look like an afterthought and the bangs will just get in her face. I agree with the comment about Michelle Obama – she is a great example of wearing conservative but beautiful clothing.

• Rebecca Z November 29, 2012 at 15:23 #

Totally agree about her hair.

8. Charlotte November 29, 2012 at 10:33 #

The dress would have been great on .. my grandma !
    Seriously, even if she can’t dress with too much risks, she doesn’t need to dress like she’s 80 years old !

9. Nat November 29, 2012 at 10:47 #

I have liked several of her “conservative” looks, but this is not just conservative, is terribly dated and aging.
    Betweeen the hair and the shape of the dress, it looks like she popped out of a tv show from the 70s.
    The only thing I’m liking here is the colour of the dress.

10. firien November 29, 2012 at 10:51 #

for me, this is very Florence Welch

11. Sammy C November 29, 2012 at 11:15 #

I think this could be a great dress provided it had been complemented appropriately. In other words, awful shoe choice for it. And the sheer-beonce-on-tour tights really, really need to go like NOW. Its not like the dress is too short or anything?!?! But I honestly think the dress could be likeable in other circumstances.

• kane November 29, 2012 at 13:50 #

I tend to agree. The dress seems to invite playfulness, to have fun with it, which I grant might be difficult for a duchess, but then don’t go with such a grandmotherly dress in the first place. I do like her, but I also do get why people are plain bored.

12. robbie November 29, 2012 at 11:27 #

looks like she stepped out of an episode of charlies angels.

13. Eimear November 29, 2012 at 11:31 #

Jeeesus this is really 80′s…:\ and not in a good way, its not a very nice material, and that cut gives her a rounder face.

14. bas November 29, 2012 at 11:40 #

I don’t like the look, both the dress and her hair age her. The need to dress conservative does not imply you have to look like an old lady, as Sara has said above.

15. Luis November 29, 2012 at 12:22 #

Granny look! And the make up, hair… She looks 50 years old!

16. serapart November 29, 2012 at 12:48 #

looove the color of the dress, goes so well with her hairtone, dont like the cut though….

17. Amy November 29, 2012 at 12:54 #

wow this could have been from a 80′s mag and noone would notice the difference. The whole thing is so dated. Being appropriate doesn’t equal to boring, just look at Michelle, Letizia,Carla and co.

• Molly December 1, 2012 at 02:19 #

Kate frequently looks like she just stepped out of the 80′s, but this is too much for me.

18. EmmaWoodhouse November 29, 2012 at 13:05 #

Her hair looks pretty although I think the simpler style before might have suited her better. That said, nice to see her change things up! The dress is cute. I really like the color. Wish she had worn different shoes, of course.

• Yeliz November 29, 2012 at 18:56 #

+1.

19. Leeann November 29, 2012 at 14:38 #

Hideous!

20. Odette November 29, 2012 at 15:46 #

FC if this was any other celebrity you would be frowning at the Black Plague.

Aging as always.

• Jess2 November 30, 2012 at 06:33 #

If you read the description again you will see that FC didn’t actually express an opinion on this look. How can you criticise when she has said nothing?

• Odette December 1, 2012 at 03:30 #

Oh no, sorry I didn’t explain myself better- I meant FC is wise enough not to be bothered by Kate’s unimaginative accessories, as Kate isn’t Solange Knowles.

21. Leti November 29, 2012 at 16:20 #

For me, this hair is a little Farrah Fawcett and with this dress comes off a little costumey. I think if she’d styled the dress in a more modern way, maybe with some boots, she could have pulled this off much better. I do like this color, and she obviously loves this kind of sleeve–I don’t know why. For the hair is too big, and it’s just covering her lovely face. If she’s always going to wear her hair down, I’d love to see her try a more sleek look sometime.

22. Jess2 November 30, 2012 at 06:21 #

I don’t usually have a problem with Kate’s looks but I am feeling differently on this occasion. The colour is good but this dress is so frumpy due to the baggy style, especially in the sleeves. I don’t really have an opinion on her new hair but I do live by the rule that a semi-high neck line like this, requires pulled back hair.

23. Lyvm November 30, 2012 at 06:53 #

Love the green on her tan but the style is a bit too mumsy along with those basic pumps. Not loving her bangs. She looks less the fresh princess and more a member of Abba.