28.11.12

Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney – 2012 British Fashion Awards

Stella McCartney was the queen of the night at the 2012 British Fashion Awards held at the Savoy Hotel in London, taking home two awards.

She was named ‘Designer of the Year’ plus she picked up the ‘Designer Brand’ award, which was the perfect way to end the year following her great achievements, with the pinnacle being designing the Team GB’s London 2012 kit.

Sporting her signature simple bun, the designer wore a bespoke strapless jumpsuit of her own design, which had crystal embellishments running along both sides.

I asked her how it felt to have so many celebrities wearing her pieces, not only on the red carpet but also on a day-to-day basis. She said she still gets really excited about it.

That excitement is not only reserved for celebrities; she said she will go up to a stranger on the street carrying her bag and say to them, “I love your bag”.

So if you are carrying your Stella McCartney ‘Falabella’ bag and a red-haired lady pays you a compliment, look again because it might just be the designer herself.

Credit: Getty

Daisy Lowe In Erdem - British Fashion Awards 2013

Daisy Lowe In Erdem – British Fashion Awards 2013

Rita Ora In Vivienne Westwood - 2012 British Fashion Awards

Rita Ora In Vivienne Westwood – 2012 British Fashion Awards

18 Responses to Stella McCartney In Stella McCartney – 2012 British Fashion Awards

1. robbie November 28, 2012 at 15:41 #

wish she wore a belt to give the look a little more shape.

2. mm November 28, 2012 at 15:41 #

Great coverage of the event. Love the questions you asked. Stella looks great.

3. Lori November 28, 2012 at 15:44 #

I love SM but this garment is one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen.

• Leeann November 29, 2012 at 14:44 #

This was frankly quite hideous and very poorly fit- she had boob fat over creep – if she can’t fit dresses on her self in a flattering way why would I think she would be able to design for me

4. Christine November 28, 2012 at 15:48 #

Even though I am not a fan of her designs mostly, I cannot deny how sweet she seems. Congrats to Stella on the win.

• Yeliz November 28, 2012 at 22:47 #

5. Dahlia November 28, 2012 at 16:19 #

I’m sorry, but she is the worst.

And I think she knows it. Look at the hideous thing she is wearing, which just screams “Ha, you fools, look who you are crowning Designer of the Year! Joke’s on you!”

6. dee November 28, 2012 at 17:13 #

Not a fan of her look.

7. Amy November 28, 2012 at 21:35 #

congrats to her! However I feel like Stella has one of the most unflattering style ever. Nothing she wears flatters her features and that shapeless jumpsuit is the proof. I guess like many designers she’s better at dressing others than herself

8. ash November 28, 2012 at 23:53 #

God, I can only imagine how ugly it looks from behind.

9. TeaAtTwo November 29, 2012 at 01:28 #

Hmm- Don’t think designer award should have gone to her. A lot of her creations on the red carpet in past year have been hideous, especially items from the S/S 12 collection.

10. EmmaWoodhouse November 29, 2012 at 03:31 #

She seems like a really nice person but how anyone in their right mind could give a DESIGN award to the person who designed (and then wore) this ballooning, confusing jumpsuit is absolutely beyond me.

• CreoleLady November 30, 2012 at 10:44 #

So, SO true, rotflmao. Truly ugly. I like some of the simpler, more tailored pieces and the classic blazers but her overall oeuvre? Too uneven with too many “what was the point of that?” design mashups for me.

11. pipsqueak November 29, 2012 at 03:36 #

I love the effortlessness in her design. She’s the living proof that you do have choice and you can choose not to be a socialite with a reality TV show. Love her!

12. Jess2 November 29, 2012 at 05:41 #

I love her answer to your question. I’m really not sure about her style and line. She has some amazing pieces and then some really bad pieces. This jumpsuit has grown on me since I first saw the images but it still isn’t great.

13. Stephanie November 29, 2012 at 15:20 #

The back view is even worse than the front. I just don’t get how a designer doesn’t Atleast design clothes that make HER look good.

14. Kathy November 29, 2012 at 22:00 #

I love Stella’s designs, but that eye makeup is just atrocious and I hate the jumpsuit too. It’s utterly shapeless, and surely someone who’s been named “Designer of the Year” can do much better.

15. Cameron December 1, 2012 at 17:18 #