Marion Cotillard was honoured at the 2012 Gotham Independent Film Awards held at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City last night.

The ‘Rust and Bone’ actress of course wore Dior, again.

We’ve come to expect nothing less.

On this occasion, she wore a Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture navy dress, staying in the dark colour palette she only seems to wear these days.

The tea-length sleeveless dress with lapels and a textured skirt is a chic look, but length and runway styling is considerably more enticing… yes I’m referring to those yummy shoes.

Marion styled her look with navy Dior pumps, and a Chopard necklace which attempts to liven up her look, but fails.

I’m bored. Are you bored?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein - 2012 Gotham Independent Film Awards

Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein – 2012 Gotham Independent Film Awards

40 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – 2012 Gotham Independent Film Awards

1. dressaddict November 27, 2012 at 09:05 #

Could be, but she’s still gorgeous, I can’t deny :)

• Ramsay November 27, 2012 at 11:39 #

I agree – maybe repetitive but still enticing – the runway shoes were indeed exceptional

• Francois Bresmal November 27, 2012 at 17:25 #

Same ^^ From the waist up, I’m not bored by this look! :)

2. Yeliz November 27, 2012 at 09:07 #

This isn’t a bad look but it fails to excite me so, yes I’m bored too.

• noo November 27, 2012 at 11:46 #

it fell flat but she looks good, I just expect more!

• Christine November 27, 2012 at 15:57 #

I’m bored too

3. asherlev1 November 27, 2012 at 09:15 #

I’m bored. D:

I want some DRAMA from her.

Also, that necklace is an eyesore with that neckline.

• Rash November 27, 2012 at 09:55 #

Bored bored bored. There is nothing in the look to get excited about.
      True about the Necklace.

4. silkpathdiary November 27, 2012 at 09:34 #

It’s a real shame the look did not translate so well on Marion – I much prefer the proportions and styling of the runway version.

• Linda November 27, 2012 at 10:39 #

Well said. It’s way too long on her so it loses its punch. Lose the necklace too. Her face is gorgeous though.

5. Pablo November 27, 2012 at 09:37 #

If the idea was to make people start to like this controversial collection after seeing it on Marion, to me they’re only managing to make us start to hate watching her on the red carpet. Such a disaster. She used to be delightful.

• Fashion Critic November 27, 2012 at 09:59 #

Yes we are being force fed Raf Simon’s for Dior and it is very off putting as you say

• Mary Gatto November 27, 2012 at 11:44 #

Ditto, Pablo!

• Aline November 27, 2012 at 17:59 #

6. mia November 27, 2012 at 10:15 #

i reckon motherhood has made Marion boring in the way she dresses now. which is a real shame. i mean Mirander Kerr is killing it, and then theres Marion… and black and more black… and then some more.

*yawn*

7. asherlev1 November 27, 2012 at 10:24 #

….actually I’m still boggled as to how this is Couture.

8. Barbs November 27, 2012 at 10:39 #

Yes. Bored is the word.

9. laura November 27, 2012 at 11:23 #

I’m not bored to see Marion in Dior, but I’m bored to see her in black … There is no fancy there

10. CreoleLady November 27, 2012 at 11:45 #

Since I have a pear-shaped figure, I cannot deny that the classic Dior shape –wasp-waisted, with a sharply tailored bodice above a pretty full skirt — is right up my alley (even if the prices aren’t, lol). I actually love this silhouette.

But the incessant repetition, the persistently dark colors (except the occasional red) worn on mostly the same people again and again and again are like chalk on a blackboard.

11. Jess2 November 27, 2012 at 11:49 #

The runway shoes are to die for.
    I am also getting very bored. Marion looks good in Dior, we get it! The collection had some lovely pieces, we get it. I just don’t look forward to seeing Marion on the red carpet anymore.

12. Beta November 27, 2012 at 12:34 #

I think that part of the problem with this look and maybe with Jessica’s here
    or Natalie Portman here:
    is that these dresses were made for the runway model, ie taller, so for me the length is a bit too long

13. Chloé November 27, 2012 at 12:59 #

I’m bored too! It’s the first thing I told myself while looking at the picture. A little less Dior please!

14. TeaAtTwo November 27, 2012 at 13:09 #

She needs a new contract or a new stylist pronto. If she’s got to promote the brand the fit and length should at least be costumed for her requirements. At the very least she should’ve ripped the runway styling(except for the eyeshadow).

15. Lee Ann November 27, 2012 at 13:15 #

i am wearing a really pretty Dior dress to the fashion awards tonight-i hope i don’t look as dull. are you going to be there?

• Fashion Critic November 27, 2012 at 13:58 #

Yes, but I’m going to be in the press room as I’m filming with a crew at the event. Hopefully I will see you there.

• Lee Ann November 27, 2012 at 14:13 #

I’ll look for you as I look different-long hair and divorce diet.

• Fashion Critic November 27, 2012 at 14:45 #

Now, I can’t wait to see you.

16. Mandy November 27, 2012 at 13:30 #

Yawn.

• JD November 27, 2012 at 14:52 #

+ snore

17. EmmaWoodhouse November 27, 2012 at 13:47 #

Seriously, if Marion had worn this after NOT wearing Dior for like six months I would think it very nice (though too long). It’s a chic look for sure and I liked the dress on the runway but frankly the (Raf Simons) Dior card is just getting overplayed. I’m not a fan of Galliano, but if she was wearing his designs day after day I don’t think we’d be complaining…

18. dee November 27, 2012 at 14:15 #

I love Marion but I am bored of the black and the tea length dresses. She can do so much better. She needs to ditch Dior for awhile.

19. Sebastian November 27, 2012 at 14:43 #

Obviously none of here knows about fashion really!…
    I mean yes, one could be free to use as many brands as they can but… If you can wear anything by magnificent Raf because Dior would like for you to wear it… wouldn’t you? I mean… most of celebs wear clothes and the designers like Donatella or Riccardo don’t even know, they are wearing their clothes… just days later when see photos… I love Marion and Raf more, The only thing I would say would be… mix Dior by Raf and Raf’s brand!!! like Rihanna did!

• leeann November 28, 2012 at 12:50 #

Sebastian-I hope you are being cheeky! because if you knew anything about Brands and especoally a brand like Christian Dior you would know that they would NEVER allow a face to mix Raf’s old house with theirs .They are so image conscious that they won’t even allow Bill Gayten’s collection for resort to be sold on the floor or even hung in the store when Raf’s spring sunmmer arrives in February. Rihanna is not paid by Dior so she can do what she wants. Marion can’t.

20. Rebecca Z November 27, 2012 at 15:09 #

I love the dress but not on her. As other have said, it is too long for her–and the hemline makes it a big production to shorten–it would have to be done from the waist. She looks like a housefrau in this dress–the fit is a shade too tight in the bodice. It is just not a good choice for her.

21. Susan November 27, 2012 at 16:11 #

I’m not bored, I think it is lovely on Marion. I think the adjective “polished” comes into play here.

However, it’s not really fashion forward is it.

22. Taksi November 28, 2012 at 04:19 #

I…don’t mind it? It’s a perfectly fine dress.

23. coupdegrazia November 28, 2012 at 15:34 #

several celebs have ruined these beautiful full-hemmed, tea-length dior dresses by not shortening them enough to suit the wearer’s height. and i think a simple necklace with lapels like that is the absolute wrong choice. great dress originally, poor styling here.

24. jsshan November 29, 2012 at 08:37 #

the most safe way is dressing dark color, black or navy is their fav. why not to change to sone bright colors?

25. Betelgeuze November 29, 2012 at 12:51 #

Booooored. Yawn.
    Back at Cannes when she wore a Dior gown I was excited about her oozing Parisienne beauty, but now, again?…