Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein – 2012 Gotham Independent Film Awards

Emily Blunt attended the 2012 Gotham Independent Film Awards held at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City last night, where she served as the presenter for the ‘Breakthrough Actor Award’.

Honouring one of the hosts for the night, the British actress wore a Calvin Klein Resort 2013 dress.

The dress originally took to the runway with a sheer overlay and I think with good reason because there is nothing I like about this dress.

Emily’s strapless version with cut-out details does nothing for her. Even with the cinched in waist the look is still horribly flat and unflattering.

We all know Emily can do much better than this. From the neck up she looks gorgeous, especially with the golden tan and light blonde highlights, but this look gets a no from me.

A Lorraine Schwartz yellow-diamond mesh and golden pearl necklace, a 20 carat yellow diamond ring, a Christian Louboutin clutch and Jimmy Choo ‘Vamp’ sandals completed her look.

Love or loathe?

You can buy Emily’s Jimmy Choo ‘Vamp’ sandals from Jimmy Choo US,Jimmy Choo UK and Saks.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection - amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection – amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Chen Sue In Georges Hobeika Couture - Luxury Life 7th Anniversary Ceremony

Chen Sue In Georges Hobeika Couture – Luxury Life 7th Anniversary Ceremony

23 Responses to Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein – 2012 Gotham Independent Film Awards

1. Yeliz November 27, 2012 at 09:50 #

Actually, I really like this look. Her styling is gorgeous and I don’t think the dress is that unflattering, just a bit flat.

• mia November 27, 2012 at 10:12 #

i agree. it’s not “horribly flat and unflattering” on emily at all. in fact – i think she looks quite gorgeous and is positively glowing in this. I mean – it’s definitely not the BEST look we’ve seen from her, but it’s not as bad as you make it out to be.

2. Charlotte November 27, 2012 at 10:00 #

I think the dress is better this way than on the runway. I don’t like the length of the skirt.

3. Linda November 27, 2012 at 10:34 #

Agree with FC wholeheartedly, I don’t think this dress is flattering or attractive at all. It makes her look shorter than she is and doesn’t give any curves.

Her face and hair are lovely. I love the third pic where her husband is looking at her.

• Fashion Critic November 27, 2012 at 12:15 #

I adore that picture too

There is only one woman in the room

• EmmaWoodhouse November 27, 2012 at 13:48 #

I know! They are almost UNBEARABLY adorable together :) Love them!

4. Barbs November 27, 2012 at 10:42 #

I love how he looks at her! :) seems so in love!

• anonymous December 5, 2012 at 04:53 #

i checked out the comments to see if someone else noticed it too :) !!!

5. Vi November 27, 2012 at 11:32 #

I don’t like the metal combination of the sandals and the necklace. I think she should have gone the way of the clutch when picking the sandals’ color. But the dress is just beautiful.

6. noo November 27, 2012 at 11:43 #

i don’t think it’s flat or unflattering, she’s the kind of person who would rock a potato sack and this is an example! she looks beautiful.

7. rebecca o November 27, 2012 at 12:51 #

Everything about this look is horribly unflattering – the dress, the fake tan and the blonde hair.

8. TeaAtTwo November 27, 2012 at 13:03 #

Hmm, I defitinely don’t love it but I don’t think she looks bad, just ok. She should’ve matched the necklace and shoes though.

9. Foteini P. November 27, 2012 at 13:50 #

Love it!

10. EmmaWoodhouse November 27, 2012 at 13:51 #

I really loathe the dress on the runway, and I although I like teh skirt off, the bodice (with those tacky cutouts and flattening shape) is awful. Not one of her best looks. Do love the sandals, though, although the necklace looks cheap.

11. dee November 27, 2012 at 14:16 #

I don’t like the dress at all and isn’t she cold? It’s cold in NY.

12. Rebecca Z November 27, 2012 at 15:06 #

I am not a fan of this–the dress is meh and I don’t love her with hair this blonde. I like her a lot, but this is a miss for me.

13. Marta November 27, 2012 at 15:31 #

I love her shoes!

14. Christine November 27, 2012 at 15:56 #

I like the dress but not with the accessories.

15. Francois Bresmal November 27, 2012 at 17:23 #

The second I saw this look, I told myself : HORRENDOUS LENGTH. Awful. And so is the fake tan. I don’t know is it’s my screen but it looks like she avoided the necklace area + the arms = there’s like a tan vest

16. Aline November 27, 2012 at 17:53 #

I prefer the dress like this than how it was presented in the runway. But either way, it’s a boring dress. And I also don’t like the necklace paired with those sandals.

But what is really bothering me, is her makeup. It’s been bothering me for awhile now. I just checked her tag and from June to now it seems that she aged considerably. Maybe she changed her makeup artist or maybe the kind of makeup that would work with her as a brunette don’t work with her as a blonde. It’s a shame because she’s so naturally beautiful.

I agree though that the third pic is beyond adorable ♥

17. Nat39 November 27, 2012 at 18:25 #

I think it’s a disaster from head to toe. Big fail for Emily.

18. Luisa November 27, 2012 at 20:42 #

I actually quite like it. I agree its not very flattering but… I just like it! She looks very pretty!

19. Iris November 27, 2012 at 21:20 #

I think she looks gorgeous, the colour and style of the dress against her bronzed skin, the summer loving laid back vibe. Her hair and necklace are the standouts for me.