26.11.12 Menswear

Tinie Tempah In Burberry – London Evening Standard Theatre Awards

Tinie Tempah looked very dapper on the red carpet at the Savoy Hotel in London, where he attended the 58th London Evening Standard Theatre Awards on Sunday evening.

He wore a white dress shirt and black bow tie with his Burberry London black suit feauring a two-button tuxedo jacket with black satin lapels and matching pants.

Again I take issue with the cropped pants, and I will also throw in the fact that he opted not to wear socks too – is this a menswear trend I wasn’t aware of?

Soft velvety loafers and his signature black-rimmed glasses completed his look.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed of The Week - Aishwarya Rai in Roberto Cavalli, Ryan Gosling in Gucci & James McAvoy in Burberry Tailoring

Best Dressed of The Week – Aishwarya Rai in Roberto Cavalli, Ryan Gosling in Gucci & James McAvoy in Burberry Tailoring

Sandrine Pinna In Burberry Prorsum - 2012 Golden Horse Awards

Sandrine Pinna In Burberry Prorsum – 2012 Golden Horse Awards

23 Responses to Tinie Tempah In Burberry – London Evening Standard Theatre Awards

1. robbie November 26, 2012 at 15:51 #

dont mind the no sock look if it is for a casual look, but definitely not for a formal look. other than that he looks very nice.

2. noo November 26, 2012 at 15:53 #

half the time the hems are too short, the other half they’re too long, I prefer short! I also don’t mind the no socks look.I have to say I like the overall feel of this!

• ladyoflettuce November 26, 2012 at 22:06 #

I agree! It’s very 60s. He’s the classiest dude I’ve seen here.

3. EmmaWoodhouse November 26, 2012 at 15:56 #

Don’t like the dorky glasses or the short pants/sockless look. Those velvet loafers aren’t really working either. The jacket is nice and classic though.

• Moxie November 26, 2012 at 16:27 #

I don’t mind the glasses, they’re kind of geek chic. But I agree with the rest of what you said.

4. Odette November 26, 2012 at 15:56 #

Whatever happened to mamas knitting their boys socks? lol.

I think he looks great. He likes to have fun with fashion.

I am surprised Kanye hasn’t jumped on this or has he already?

5. Rash November 26, 2012 at 16:05 #

If its the trend, can someone please stop it :(
    Other than that, he looks just okay, I don’t like the satin part.

6. Rebecca Z November 26, 2012 at 16:23 #

With the velvet shoes and no socks it looks like he forgot to finish dressing and left in his slippers. Not a fan. Agree the pants are too short.

• Yeliz November 26, 2012 at 18:22 #

ITA.

• dee November 27, 2012 at 14:19 #

I agree.

7. LizLemoooon November 26, 2012 at 17:15 #

I actually like the look, he’s having fun with fashion and the cropped trousers add to the whole ‘geek chic’ vibe.
    I hope he’s wearing footsie socks with those loafers though…
    FC, thank you so much for including more menswear looks, especially when the men look as good as this ;p

8. Amy L November 26, 2012 at 17:23 #

At least in LA, the shorter dress pant with no sock is definitely a trend. Not a good one in my opinion! It always reminds me of Blaine on Glee.

9. justme November 26, 2012 at 17:52 #

Loafers with no socks don’t bother me. I am used to a lot of men in my family doing it (I’m Italian though so there’s your cliché lol).

I do agree about the length of those pants. Not flattering at all.

10. Francois Bresmal November 26, 2012 at 19:48 #

Yay it’s totally trendy and I LOVE it! When it’s “well done”, it makes your legs appear longer :)

11. AnderBoBo November 26, 2012 at 21:50 #

As a man I would like to say that anything that can interject ANY personality into a red carpet look is fine with me. I don’t mind the no socks, I do however think the pants could be just a skosh longer.

12. Laura November 26, 2012 at 22:35 #

yep every event I go to there are dudes wearing this cropped pant look with a slip on shoe and no socks. It’s hit the streets already!

• Fashion Critic November 26, 2012 at 23:50 #

I will probably start noticing more now.

• Valeria November 27, 2012 at 02:04 #

Maybe they wear those tiny cotton slips that girls wear under ballet flats? I personally love the feeling of bare feet in comfortable flats so I support this 100%, it’s like micro-yoga session for toes:)

• the (un?)social butterfly November 27, 2012 at 11:31 #

Not a manswear specialist but I read don´t remember where that cropped pants sans socks were a must last fashion week and also that it’s formalwear that breaks tradition, aimed for instance at young executives who want to make a statement without wearing black t-shirts a la Silicon Valley, but still differentiating themselves from the older men who think should have had their jobs ;)

13. Christine November 27, 2012 at 02:42 #

This is a trend-the no sock look. Been out for a minute where I live.

I am not liking the cropped pants look though. It works for some but not here.

• Saree November 27, 2012 at 13:41 #

I guess the hipsters really can claim the “I did it first” title for the no socks, cropped pants look. It’s becoming more and more popular.

I personally don’t have anything against it, even in formal wear. Men can only shape things up so much and this is a fun approach.

14. Dan Oliver November 27, 2012 at 14:24 #

I think the no socks with loafers is a trend but have not seen it done with formal wear but I think Tinie is so cool so I’ll let him pass

15. TeaAtTwo November 27, 2012 at 15:38 #

I’d have preferred leather loafers but I think he looks cool.