Amber Kuo In Chanel – 2012 Golden Horse Awards

Amber Kuo opted for a summery look for the 49th Annual Golden Horse Awards, held at the Cultural Working House in Ilan, Taiwan on Saturday evening.

Dressed in a frothy mint green Chanel Resort 2013 butter-wouldn’t-melt cocktail dress, she added sexy nude spiked Christian Louboutin ‘Altipump’ spikes platform sky high heels to her look.

The heels make this look for me. I think the look wouldn’t have been as tantalizing without the sassy twist.

An updo and silver jewels completed her look.

You can buy Amber’s Christian Louboutin heels from Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Ruth Wilson In Christian Dior Couture - London Evening Standard Theatre Awards

Ruth Wilson In Christian Dior Couture – London Evening Standard Theatre Awards

Gwen Stefani's Kelly Wearstler Noir Batik-Twill Trench Coat

Gwen Stefani’s Kelly Wearstler Noir Batik-Twill Trench Coat

14 Responses to Amber Kuo In Chanel – 2012 Golden Horse Awards

1. Rash November 26, 2012 at 09:20 #

Love. Never expected the look to work this well on the red carpet. Thankfully she skipped the jeweled belt. Yupp the shoes enhance the look.

• Ramsay November 26, 2012 at 12:40 #

I actually agree – doesn’t look like a red carpet look at first glance – but it works beautifully – I like it a lot (on my BDOTW list) but not sure about the shoes

• tiffany November 26, 2012 at 20:13 #

+2 made me smile real wide while also wondering, “what you hiding with those flirty eyes and freak’em heels?”

2. rita November 26, 2012 at 09:35 #

She looks OUSTANDING! Much better than the model imo

• gurlygurl November 26, 2012 at 12:52 #

3. ash November 26, 2012 at 11:41 #

I’m happy to see that Karl Lagerfeld still design ACTUAL wearable dresses.. I love this look even though I think she could’ve picked something better than those nude shoes.

4. Carolina November 26, 2012 at 13:04 #

She carries this off extremely well – not everyone could do this. Major props for that!

5. Christine November 26, 2012 at 13:28 #

FC, I wonder for the asian carpets. Do the PR offices loan them the pieces or they actually buy them? So far, the carpets in Asia have been nothing but spectacular! They either have great eyes or they have the best stylists in the world!

Just wondering. Hope you can answer :)

Anyway, another look I like from this red carpet event. Great dress!

• Fashion Critic November 26, 2012 at 13:40 #

I believe the process is the same the world over, they would be loaned the pieces.

6. EmmaWoodhouse November 26, 2012 at 15:44 #

This was previously worn by Astrid Berges-Frisbey http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/09/05/astrid-berges-frisbey-in-chanel-38th-deauville-american-film-festival-opening-ceremony/
    but I think Amber wears it better! I still don’t love the sheer insert down the front but overall this is so floaty and sweet and pretty–love her fun shoe choice!

7. Yeliz November 26, 2012 at 17:48 #

She looks SO much better than the model. Love everything about this look.

8. Aline November 26, 2012 at 18:03 #

I’m very surprised that I like this dress on her. But I guess she has the sassyness the look requires to work. However, even though I like the shoes, I don’t like it matched to this particular dress.

9. Nat39 November 26, 2012 at 20:05 #

The dress is too “little girl-birthday party”, way too sweet and childish for her, and her nude shoes do not work with it imo.

10. Dhppy November 27, 2012 at 00:17 #

Once again, the hidden genius of this Chanel collection comes through: the dress looks like hell on the runway, but heaven on the red carpet. I don’t understand how this keeps happening.