22.11.12 Sidewalk Style

Victoria Beckham In Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons – LAX Airport

Following David Beckham’s announcement that he will be resigning from LA Galaxy on Tuesday, the Beckham family were spotted catching a flight to London at LAX airport on Wednesday.

There was a time when Victoria would only wear her own designs, but lately she has been branching out.

Alongside her obvious favourites of Jil Sander, Celine and Maison Martin Margiela, she has added Comme des Garçons to the mix.

She made the walkway her runway at LAX, wearing a Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons dress.

The style is very different from what we’ve ever seen from the designer before.

There is a lot going on as the crewneck dress features a rust crushed-velvet bodice, a long large-check-patterned skirt and two-tone long sleeves in a zigzag pattern with puffed shoulders.

On the rack this is a Florence Welch dress, so I love that Victoria is experimenting once again.

The only thing I’m not crazy about is the Bordeaux boots. I would’ve opted for tan to complement the bodice.

Does this new VB look work for you?

You can buy Victoria’s Watanabe Comme des Garçons dress from Barneys.com.

Credit: INFDaily

Diane Kruger In Lanvin - Avenue des Champs-Élysées Illumination Ceremony

Diane Kruger In Lanvin – Avenue des Champs-Élysées Illumination Ceremony

Myleene Klass In Jacques Azagury - 2012 Drapers Awards

Myleene Klass In Jacques Azagury – 2012 Drapers Awards

25 Responses to Victoria Beckham In Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons – LAX Airport

1. Yeliz November 22, 2012 at 11:04 #

It doesn’t work for me, it looks like someone else dressed her. I don’t like it at all.

• Christine November 22, 2012 at 14:40 #

It’s not even her style.

2. M November 22, 2012 at 11:05 #

i do love it… its not the usual her we would expect… great that theres colours and i take those boots over the tom ford ones anytime… haha… love her!

3. The Very Simon G November 22, 2012 at 11:14 #

On first look, I hated it. Then I looked again and I liked it more. Now, I really do love it on her. It’s very different from her usual style, which I think is good… an evolution!

4. Keeks November 22, 2012 at 11:22 #

I just think it looks too big on her. Like she raided someone else’s wardrobe. Other than that I love the change in style for VB!

5. msd November 22, 2012 at 11:29 #

I love seeing something different but I’m not quite sure it suits VB. As an aside, I wish we saw more Japanese designers on the red carpet because I’m a big fan of them in general. I guess it’s because they don’t give out free outfits? :(

6. Anna November 22, 2012 at 12:48 #

Love it. It’s a great dress(although not easy to pull off) and paired with these suede boots, hair in loose waves and big sunglasses it gives a tremendously casual-70ies vibe.

7. ash November 22, 2012 at 13:20 #

Wow, id never expect this from her. I don’t like it though…

8. Dolly November 22, 2012 at 13:40 #

I understand what she was trying to do, but there are too many things going on for me here. The boots are too much with the platform and the bagginess, something else would have worked better for me. The dress drowns her and could have benefitted from being a bit shorter. I am also so over her hair, it no longer looks groomed and reminds me of her WAG-days in Germany

9. Pedro November 22, 2012 at 14:39 #

I love Queen Vctoria but i hate this look!

10. Lisa November 22, 2012 at 15:04 #

I don’t like the dress, but love how this is a completely different look for her. So it gets a thumbs up from me.

11. pipsqueak November 22, 2012 at 15:41 #

It doesn’t work for me. This is an ugly dress to begin with. Those boots made it worse. It looked too ethnic, as though she lived in a mountain area and raised horses. I’d like to see her branch out, though. I’d like to see in a number for the Comme des Garcons’ Fall 2012 collection. She can make it work, if she puts her mind to it.

• Nubiahbella November 23, 2012 at 15:14 #

Too ethnic? ( Oh gosh I hate that word)

what the hell does it mean?

12. Mariia November 22, 2012 at 15:42 #

I hate the dress and the styling, but I adore her, so for some strange reason I have to say that I like the look. That makes absolutely no sense, haha! :D It is great to see her trying something different for a change.

13. Rebecca Z November 22, 2012 at 15:43 #

I think it is just an ugly dress. Not a good look for her. Let’s face it–the clothes she designs are designed for her and they look spectacular.

• Nat39 November 22, 2012 at 19:35 #

The dress is super ugly, agreed.

14. Leo November 22, 2012 at 16:12 #

She looks like a fool!

15. JD November 22, 2012 at 17:27 #

I love this look on her. I think it still has the modern lines & aesthetic we expect from Queen Victoria, except it has a little bit of a 70s flavor. I don’t mind the boots but, yes, I agree tan would’ve been more complementary to the outfit.

16. BMC November 22, 2012 at 18:17 #

I love the idea of Victoria deviating from her typical look. The ability to experiment with style, shape, print and essentially evolve your own aesthetic is a commendable quality.

17. Pene November 23, 2012 at 13:24 #

on this day in history, VB wore this
    (and no not in a good way)

18. Alina November 23, 2012 at 17:42 #

BAD.

19. TeaAtTwo November 24, 2012 at 14:16 #

I kind of like it, it has a rustic boho chic vibe. The bordeaux boots were interesting addition, it kind of complements the skirt shade.

20. Joy November 24, 2012 at 18:22 #

Wow! Picking my jaw up from the floor, I definitely didn’t see that one coming. The whole thing is so far from her normal style that I don’t even know how to comment. Just bizarre all around. I do love to see her in something besides her designs again and to see her in something that appears to be less choreographed, even though I’m sure it still was.

21. Melrose November 26, 2012 at 23:20 #

even a Mormon Wife #7 or an Amish peasant wouldn’t be caught dead in that frock

22. katie November 30, 2012 at 14:46 #

I too Love Queen Victoria, its just so different the style on her im not sure what to make of it!