22.11.12

Gucci Taipei Flagship Store Opening Party

After Li Bingbing opened the Taipei Gucci Flagship store in Taiwan, the Italian brand threw a fabulous soirée to celebrate.

Li Bingbing: The belle of the ball was front and centre, wearing a stunning teal Gucci one-of-a-kind one-shoulder gown with metallic detailing and thigh-high slit for a dramatic twist. She looks undeniably gorgeous, but for this look to get a 10 out of 10 for me she would’ve had to have lost the ankle bracelet and opted for sexy sandals.

Chris Wang: The actor certainly got my attention, wearing a Gucci Fall 2012 printed suit with studded loafers, a silk scarf and burgundy cardigan. I would love for more male actors to take this approach to red carpet dressing.

Megan Lai: I love Megan’s Gucci Resort 2013 dress. The earthy long-sleeve dress with the ethereal floral print was given an edge with some chic accessories. I love the double-looped belt and the bi-colour clutch, but I am drooling over my keyboard over those rust-and-red ankle strap sandals.

James Wen: The actor wore a more traditional suit, sans socks. His checked black suit was worn with a white dress shirt, black tie and shiny patent Gucci loafers. I have a feeling many of you won’t like the fit of his blazer.

Tiffany Hsu: J’adore Tiffany’s styling of this Gucci Pre-Fall 2012 black gown. Her Gucci periwinkle ‘Broadway’ clutch perfectly complements the embroidered velvet waistband with crystal, plexiglas and butterfly detail around her waist. It’s a simple touch, but with that along with her flawless hair and makeup, I’m mildly obsessed with her look.

Dylan Kuo: While this look very much represents Gucci’s menswear, I’m bothered by the length of Dylan’s pants; I wish they were a tad longer. I love the checked blazer and white shirt combo, so this look only gets a thumbs up from the waist up.

Nikki Hsieh: The actress wore a Gucci Resort 2013 sleeveless tiger-flower-print silk mini, which had a second run out on the red carpet. I love the simple styling, which consists of a green shoulder bag and gold Gucci ‘Anita’ metallic leather sandals.

Megan Gucci DressGucci.com
Tiffany’s Gucci GownGucci.com
Nikki’s Gucci DressGucci.com
Nikki’s Gucci SandalsGucci.com
Tiffany’s Gucci ‘Broadway’ ClutchGucci.com

Credit: Getty

Celebrities Love...Jimmy Choo 'Anouk' Pumps

Celebrities Love…Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ Pumps

Ashley Greene's Carolina Herrera Draped Crepe Dress

Ashley Greene’s Carolina Herrera Draped Crepe Dress

22 Responses to Gucci Taipei Flagship Store Opening Party

1. gabis November 22, 2012 at 19:45 #

I couldn’t agree more about Tiffany Hsu. She looks absolutely flawless. Strong BDOTW contender!

2. Aline November 22, 2012 at 19:54 #

Wow, Tiffany looks so poised and classy. Stunning, really.

3. Nat39 November 22, 2012 at 19:56 #

Megan’s look is the most interesting/unusual, and she accessorized it really well, she and effortlessly pretty and elegant Tiffany are my fav. here. Li’s peep-toes really bring her look down.
    Is socklessness a trend? Out of the 3 men, I’d go with James Wen. I really dislike Chris Wang in that suit, he’s almost got a womanly body in it.

4. Amy November 22, 2012 at 20:17 #

Li and Tiffany look incredible.

5. Yeliz November 22, 2012 at 20:31 #

Tiffany Hsu looks fabulous! Love everything about her look. BDOTW contender for sure!

6. SilentVisitor November 22, 2012 at 20:32 #

Megan Lai is IMO the most interesting and her shoes wowwww, followed by Tiffany…….I think they should both be BDOTW contenders.

7. Ruth November 22, 2012 at 20:40 #

Wow all over.

However, do the men not wear socks with their shoes? I’d find that very uncomfortable.

• Rash November 23, 2012 at 08:02 #

Wow for everyone!
      Agree about the socks, very uncomfortable,btw is it the IN thing now??

8. shap_half November 22, 2012 at 20:41 #

I think all four ladies look great – and so different from each other.
    Megan is my favorite as the stylish is just so on point. Li Bingbing is probably my least favorite as it’s just sooo obvious!

9. pipsqueak November 23, 2012 at 01:19 #

All three guys looked Peter-Dundas-ish – seemingly drunk, in PJ-like clothes and shoes, and low neckline (except the 2nd guy, who’s more Tom-Ford). I’m not crazy about this playboy trend. Why can’t guys dress like the always impeccable Hidetoshi Nakata? Of the girls, I like Megan best – pulled off an otherwise frumpy dress so nicely. Li Bingbing is like the Chinese Jessica Biel – omnipresent and always in fancy clothes, but just lacks that oomph to be a real A-lister. Boring.

10. Christine November 23, 2012 at 02:14 #

Well dressed event.

11. Kiwi November 23, 2012 at 04:42 #

I am truly impressed.. the men look so different from what you typically see on the European/US red carpet

12. the ogre November 23, 2012 at 05:41 #

megan lai is amazing over here. i hope u put her up for the BDOTW poll. those shoes r fantastic! perfect 10 for me!

13. Ruff November 23, 2012 at 07:16 #

This one has to be one of the best dressed events I’ve seen in a while.

14. Beta November 23, 2012 at 08:35 #

the past two gucci events featured here have been amazing! Channel should take notes :P
    I love how stylish the gents are here, the three of them. I also enjoy how Chinese actresses seem to play with fashion and enjoy it, they all look gorgeous, I cant pick a favourite!

• Beta November 23, 2012 at 09:05 #

sorry I just realised that this event is in Taiwan so maybe some of these ladies and gents are not Chinese and are Taiwanese. Apologies if this is the case :S

15. Noemi (WBiS) November 23, 2012 at 09:02 #

Wow, they’re all dressed well. Men are very stylish, even if you’re right about Dylan Cuo, FC. The pants are too short, and the hem is not finished which is something we used to do when we went to school…
    I like James Wen, I kinda like the fit of the jacket and he’s easy on the eye, I would say. Tiffany Hsu looks great.

16. rita November 23, 2012 at 16:54 #

They all look AMAZING imo! Those women are seriously too beautiful!

17. Alina November 23, 2012 at 17:34 #

Megan Lai and Tiffany Hsu look gorgeous!

18. Francois B November 23, 2012 at 22:16 #

Why are you bothered by Dylan’s trousers length? I think it’s meant to be this “short” :) Loving Chris’ outfit!

19. TeaAtTwo November 24, 2012 at 15:20 #

Apart from fit issues I really enjoy the guys fun fashion choices. Also James Wen is so Handsome.
    Li looked really good would’ve been BDOTW perfection with some silver or teal strappy sandals.

20. EmmaWoodhouse November 25, 2012 at 18:46 #

I like the subtler slit on Li’s gorgeous dress, but the shoes are wrong.
    Chris’s suit is too old-fuddy-duddy-smoking-jacket for me.
    Megan: not my style but she looks good.
    James–don’t like the sockless look or the too tight jacket, otherwise it would be OK.
    Tiffany: would love the whole look if the neckline weren’t so low. Great clutch.
    Dylan: is very handsome. Like from the waist up, those pants are awful.
    Nikki: chic but doesn’t stand out very much for me.